European Championships 2011

• Nice :D Definitely - if you wanted to hit that post, you wouldn't succeed. And she did :lol:
    BTW, why did you put this video in this section?

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Can anyone tell me how was place 5 to 8 decided ???
    It's strange because place 5 and 6 award direct qualification for 2013 and Poland and Russia got the spot by losing 3-0
    and The Netherland lost 3-1 and they are only 7th ??
    Tks

• Pre-Qualification for Olympics 2012

Baku - Azerbaijan,Bulgaria, Czech Republic,Ukraine,Denmark,Hungary
    Kazan - Russia,Spain,Romania,Belgium,Slovakia,Austria
    Split - Croatia,Holland,France,Israil,Greece,Sweeden

Two groups in each torunament - semifinal and final will clearify the name of the participant in Turkey!

At what date will these pre-OGQT take place ?? November ??

And about the formula: only the winner of each tournament will qualify for the OGQT in Turkey ?? So three teams..?

• November 8-13 in Baku and yes only 3 teams will qualify.

Late, but congratulations Serbia! I prefer to sleep early rather than watching matches yesterday.

From comments I understood that both games were great. My Congratulations to Turkey and Germany :flower:

Hope to see Grun in NT for long time :love:

• First of all Congratulations to Serbia! They deserved the gold in front of their spectators! Germany showed really good volleyball, they might have won the gold but silver is a big succes for them as well.It is also important to qualify for World Cup.

Well, thank you Sultans for the bronze medal! I believe that we deserved that! We have such a young roster, a lot of injuried players but we fought and never gave up! These are the key for our big success! I hope we will take wild card for World Cup( we deserved that, more than Poland).

• I hope we will take wild card for World Cup( we deserved that, more than Poland).

Totally agree, Kadir :win: I think everybody agrees with that, also the Polish members. But, we all know: for FIVB is only one thing important: money...and since Polsat.. :whistle:

So, Don't be surprised, if Poland gets the wildcard :!:

• Totally agree, Kadir :win: I think everybody agrees with that, also the Polish members. But, we all know: for FIVB is only one thing important: money...and since Polsat.. :whistle:

So, Don't be surprised, if Poland gets the wildcard :!:

I totally agree too, Turkey diserved the wild card definitely more than Poland, they're great team, they fight till the end in every match, they showed their power at ECH ;)

• Damn, I couldn't get online earlier.

I don't know what to say. Before the tournament I hoped that Serbia could win medal, after a rather poor start I feared they wouldn't even reach the semis. That would have been a disaster for the tournament, this way we had a very well attended final at least. And really, the atmosphere in the final and the SF that Serbia played was amazing, but I wish there had been more people in the matches Serbia didn't play. The promotion for the tournament could have been better and tickets perhaps cheaper.

I expected the final to be a quick 3-0 win for one of the teams. Honestly, I thought the Germans would do it. They were in excellent shape, focused and clearly in the heads of the Serbian players. Their defence looked impregnable and after the first set I thought it would all be over really soon. I was totally unprepared for the battle it was going to be. The match was exhausting to watch, I can't imagine what it must have been like for the players to play!

The comeback in the fourth set was just out of this world. Looking back to it, Grun and Tzscherlich started losing their steam at that point, which was natural considering they were under so much pressure the whole tournament. On the other hand, Serbia got a second win and the crowd really gave them the energy they needed so much. Malagurski's entrance helped to shake things up. The final touch came from the most unlikely place - Brizitka Molnar. After rather shaky performances for most of the tournament and much scrutiny, she managed to raise her game to a whole new level, and just when it was needed the most. I hope this will boost her confidence and help her to achieve her potential. Her career could have been and still could be much better.

I must say I was impressed with the attitude of the German girls after the match. After a match like that I guess many teams would look all sulky and sullen, but they took it all with a smile and managed to be happy for what they achieved. Well done!
    Except for Matthes, of course, but it's only natural, it had to hurt a lot. And I really don't think she should be blamed. I don't know what Guidetti was thinking bringing her in to serve on MP in the final before 8000 screaming people. She doesn't have neither the experience nor the quality to pull it off. I felt sorry for her, I hope she gets over it quickly.

The awards ceremony was really nice too - three kisses for Maggie and Neslihan's baby girl were the highlights. :D

And I wonder what Spasojevic and Djerisilo were thinking when they watched all this...

• Germany captain Margareta Kozuch: “Compliments to the Serbian team. This was an amazing final; actually, the most beautiful final I could ever imagine. I think there was no team who wanted to give up during this championship. I have to say that we played great as a team and I am more than proud of us. Thank you very much.”

Germany head coach Giovanni Guidetti: “I want to congratulate the Serbian team, they deserved to win tonight. I especially want to congratulate my colleague Zoran and Jelena for their superb work tonight. At the end of the match, we couldn’t find a way to overcome the excellent Serbian block. On the other hand, it’s a great honor to be coach of my team. We are proud to have won the silver medal; it gives us the ticket for the FIVB World Cup and better chances for the qualification for Olympics. I want to thank again my team and my staff, I’m very proud of them; they make my work so easy.”

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Germany captain Margareta Kozuch: “Compliments to the Serbian team. This was an amazing final; actually, the most beautiful final I could ever imagine. I think there was no team who wanted to give up during this championship. I have to say that we played great as a team and I am more than proud of us. Thank you very much.”

Germany head coach Giovanni Guidetti: “I want to congratulate the Serbian team, they deserved to win tonight. I especially want to congratulate my colleague Zoran and Jelena for their superb work tonight. At the end of the match, we couldn’t find a way to overcome the excellent Serbian block. On the other hand, it’s a great honor to be coach of my team. We are proud to have won the silver medal; it gives us the ticket for the FIVB World Cup and better chances for the qualification for Olympics. I want to thank again my team and my staff, I’m very proud of them; they make my work so easy.”

Maggie looks so adroable :D :D

does anyone know why German NT changed their captain Chris to Maggie?

• does anyone know why German NT changed their captain Chris to Maggie?

Fürst wanted to concentrate completely on her performance, she felt being captain a bit as pressure which prevented her from showing her best performance, especially after her injury.

I'm always a bit surprised to hear Maggi's voice, it just doesn't fit her looks :D I always expect to hear a more "female" voice...

• Fürst wanted to concentrate completely on her performance, she felt being captain a bit as pressure which prevented her from showing her best performance, especially after her injury.

I'm always a bit surprised to hear Maggi's voice, it just doesn't fit her looks :D I always expect to hear a more "female" voice...

Indeed. It's the same thing with Maja Poljak :win: When I heard Maja's voice for the first time... 8| :wacko: :huh: :lol:

Maybe both of them smoke alot of cigarettes :lol:

• Skowronska has also deep voice, but Poljak is two classes deeper :) probably its because of cigarettes I cant believe it could be natural