W3 Germany-Czech Rep./France
    W4 Poland-Serbia/Romania

Semi Finals

W1-W4
    W2-W3

Good luck to all teams in next stages :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• :woohoo: I didn't expect this victory at all after the rather weak match yesterday. Congratulations to our team, they played really well today, probably the best match they played this year :) Angelina Grün's return is really important for us, today she showed her qualities even though she is shaky in reception. The best thing is that we avoid Poland in QF, we will meet the winner of CZE-FRA and we won 3:0 against both teams within the last 7 days :thumbup:
    I have to agree with Ttom, Guidetti always prepares our team extremely well for the big tournaments, but still I'm not too happy with his player choices and (lack of) substitutions many times. But he definitely learned from the mistakes from WGP and this is good to see!

EDIT: Stats
    All our attackers scored double figures, Grün 20 points :)

it was very hard to watch Germany´s form in WGP, but on the other hand they could only go up with their form, because worse it couldnt be probably :)

• Matthias & Ttom

Well for a moment i forgot choice of players coz Turkey doesn't struggle with that problem for a long time after Chiappini %90-95 the players who deserved to play are in NT and we kicked finally Deniz,Pelin,Nihan from team but there is still Ergul in %5 :rolll: For me the improvement of players and preparation for big tournaments are much significant for a coach but no doubt with the right players IMO :win:

yes of course nobody would notice you finished 13th in WGP when you win medal at ECH, but still I think its big problem - to have the best roster with right players..but yes, probably its not so important like you mentioned the preparation for big tournaments and improvement :)

• I would like to comment Azeri NT performace because I really like this team. In fact I usually support small or egzotic countries and I'm happy when they are playing well. I think AZE has a great potential and there's no team in this EC with such a great superstars like Mammadova and Rahimova. OK, Germany has Grun, Turkey has Darnel, Russia has Gamova but none of them has two so high level players. I mean especially offensive power of the players.
    I think Azeri girls are playing not so good as they could play. In my opinion they shuold use more players in attack. I remember how good O.Parkhomenko played with their middle blockers some years ago( with her sister or with Korkmaz). I think that both their middles are really good, Kovalenko is so powerful in attack and in the match against ITA she attacked only 13 times, Y.Parkhomenko only 10 times. Maybe it would be good statistics for a team who has 3 equal wingers...but unfortunately Aliyeva is only receiving player... Maybe Mammadyarova should play instead of her :?: I believe that she could score more points, I don't know...

Good luck AZE in a match against NED :!:

• I would like to comment Azeri NT performace because I really like this team. In fact I usually support small or egzotic countries and I'm happy when they are playing well. I think AZE has a great potential and there's no team in this EC with such a great superstars like Mammadova and Rahimova. OK, Germany has Grun, Turkey has Darnel, Russia has Gamova but none of them has two so high level players. I mean especially offensive power of the players.
    I think Azeri girls are playing not so good as they could play. In my opinion they shuold use more players in attack. I remember how good O.Parkhomenko played with their middle blockers some yeras ago( with her sister or with Korkmaz). I think that both their middles are really good, Kovalenko is so powerful in attack and in the match against ITA she attacked only 13 times, Y.Parkhomenko only 10 times. Maybe it would be good statistics for a team who has 3 equal wingers...but unfortunately Aliyeva is only receiving player... Maybe Mammadyarova should play instead of her :?: I believe that she could score more points, I don't know...

I think the same with Mammadyarova, she was starting 6 player before her pregnancy, she also couldnt hit 20 points in match but at least scored something and received something, had quite good jump serve...and in fact on OH they have 2nd big killer in attack (Rahimova) which can score more points than Shabovta, Korkmaz is quite good replaced by Kovalenka, this team has potential...at weekend i was watching the match AZE-POl from WGP 2006, heh memories :)

• In the tournament Serbia defeat did not raise a big surprise. Serbian volleyball federation activists admitted that the defeat by German women and game with Romania and later in the quarter-final with the Polish team help avoid the semi-final tournament the national team of Italy.

> http://sport.onet.pl/siatkowka…,1,4862005,wiadomosc.html

• this theory have one big problem - why Serbia should be aware of Italy, if Italy is not playing better than Russia :lol:

I think Azeri girls are playing not so good as they could play. In my opinion they shuold use more players in attack. I remember how good O.Parkhomenko played with their middle blockers some years ago( with her sister or with Korkmaz). I think that both their middles are really good, Kovalenko is so powerful in attack and in the match against ITA she attacked only 13 times, Y.Parkhomenko only 10 times. Maybe it would be good statistics for a team who has 3 equal wingers...but unfortunately Aliyeva is only receiving player... Maybe Mammadyarova should play instead of her :?: I believe that she could score more points, I don't know...

I absolutely do not agree with you. :down: Germany has also Kozuch, Turkey has also Neriman and Russia has also Goncharova. And all this duos are more effective comparing Mamadova and Rahimova :roll:

• I absolutely do not agree with you. :down: Germany has also Kozuch, Turkey has also Neriman and Russia has also Goncharova. And all this duos are more effective comparing Mamadova and Rahimova :roll:

I think these girls (Kozuch, Neriman, Goncharova) are high level players but I wouldn't call them a superstar. Maybe it's only my interpretation... :whistling: I think that I'm not mistaken about Mammadova because she has really strong position in women's volleyball. Maybe I overrated Rahimova but I'm not sure. She seems to be really good. Unfortunately I don't watch Azeri leaugue. Maybe some users from Azerbaijan could estimate how good she is :)

• I absolutely do not agree with you. :down: Germany has also Kozuch, Turkey has also Neriman and Russia has also Goncharova. And all this duos are more effective comparing Mamadova and Rahimova :roll:

Hehe I was actually going to write exactly the same thing ! I was in Milan last week so I took the train to Busto Arsizio and saw all the games in the group stage there, and I have to say Gamova and Goncharova are even more impressive in the reality than @ TV. Defnility worth to compare with Rahimova/Mamadova, probably even better. They was in a class in their own together with Manon Flier, when they gets the ball no matter quality of it, it is a point scoring opportunity. Gamova is of course the best of these, atleast IMO, there was a guy beside me who was supporting Spain very much and yelled "VAMOS" all the time Spain won a point or saved a ball, and when Gamova was going for attack in big points he screamed "oh nooooooo"

Also after the matches it is really obvious who is the real star in Russia, and probably even the whole tournament. After the match @ friday Gamova was standing and talking to a friend at the side of the court, and maybe 40 persons or something went there and took pictures, asked for autographs or just looked at her. There was guys running all over the arena just to get to her hehehe. Other girls like Fateeva, Ulanova (Kabeshova), Morozova etc was also there, but they was like invincible hehehe. Irina Kirilova was there yesterday with her little child and watched the games btw.

More from Russia, Kosheleva is with Russia in Italy, and she is sitting @ court during the matches and are also with the team during warm-up and making some easier excercies. Yulia Merkulova had a pretty bad game saturday and she went off for treatment after the game, and she wasnt even @ the bench against Netherlands. Hopefully she is OK soon.

I think the tournament in Busto Arsizio was great, there was around 2000-2500 persons/day even though Italy wasnt playing. The only bad things was that no match went 5 set, most matches just 3 sets, and the only match with real quality was Russia - Netherlands. I actually thought Russia would lose that match after their horrbile display in receiving/defence against Spain the day before, but they played great, espcially set 3 and 4. Not that many misstakes. Gamova seems to be a little bit aggressive with the new players on court, and one time she said something to Kuzyutkina (after some horrible misstakes in receiving from her) and she just looked back with sad and confused eyes afterwards, seemed to be thinking "how could you say like that"....

• Thank you guys- I am not satisfied with my team`s game as I know they can be one of the best! I dont know what we need having such high-level players- I think theer is a big problem in coachment system!
    I hope it will be better in time! INSHALLAH!

And special congratulations to Germany- they played very very good and desereved this macth much more than Serbia!
    Nikolic and especially Maja were such terrible and it was impossible for Serbia to defeat Germany which is playing right like the Germany we used to see! Grun- is the difference! Now they are again my favourites- even I am malicious on this team for past )

• NESLİHAN - after the match (ITA-TUR): ''Thanks to everyone for supporting us but these are advertising - The film has not started yet'' :super:

Nesli :cheesy: I hope they will show us a emotional movie not a horror one :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I don't know if Serbia lost on purpose (maybe not), but I know, that 1/4 against Serbia might be very difficult for Poland. There are two main reasons:
    1) Serbians are the host and they have already played a bad game - against Germany. I don't think they will repeat it in quarterfinal... Of course, firstly Serbians need to beat Romanians, but I don't believe it will be any problem for the hosts. Even if they didn't show anything special in the previous matches.
    2) Poles haven't had a serious opponent so far (except Czech Rep., but it is also an average team), didn't have an opportunity to play the team, which have good volleyball skills - Serbia will be the first team like that. Because of that the game against Serbia might be an extremely hard test for Polish team.

Matches in the group stage were a piece of cake for Poland. The real fight beginns now. And I'm affraid of the result ...

Poland won against Romania with many substitute players. I liked especially Kwiatkowska, who showed some very good actions. Also Jaszewska was not bad. Our first "6" players could have rested before the most impotrant game in the tournament.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Italy is always Italy with digs' power stronger one or two levels than Russia.
    I think to lost match in front of Fans isn't problem.
    So Gernya will play against Italy in the Semi-Final second edition in the row.
    From other way the Euro Champion against the Vice-Euro Champion in the Quarter-Final is real conspiracy even if Holland is second in Her group.

• I heard our coach wants Oksana play with Rahimova and Mammadova. But Oksana likes play with middle blocker. Rahimova played better in Azerrail, cause they had good reception than NT. In CEV

player ranking Rahimova 3- 4th Mammadova 5th best scorer, and Rahimova is the best server :win: ( I think Cev statistics are from the preliminary round, cause there are players from Belarus,

Cyprus etc. )

About Aliyeva I don't know why they don't set to her, cause she has so strong service and I think she is not bad in attack.

Anyway, whatever will be the result in the end, I want federation to change our coach! :teach:

• Oh come on, not more conspiracy theories like yesterday :thumbdown: Everyone who watched the match will confirm that Germany deserved the victory, and Serbia certainly won't lose on purpose in front of their home crowd.

I watched match and .... agree Germany was much more motivated but please read what said Terzic :

"Maybe it’s good
    for us that we lost, because now we can focus on the match versus
    Romania and, hopefully, versus Poland in the semifinals; I think we have
    a good chance to win."