European Championships 2011

• I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and disagree with all the praise that Guidetti is receiving over the past few matches. First, if Grun hadn't come back I HIGHLY doubt Germany would be in the final or replicate this sort of performance. Kozuch has been so unstable because defenses consistently key in on her. With Grun on the floor things open up MUCH more and allow her to be successful. Which leads me to believe that it had much more to do with Grun on the floor than anything Guidetti has been working on. Bringing back one of the greatest players in German volleyball doesn't make someone a fantastic coach. Yes, it's great to see them in the finals but they've done nothing impressive on the world stage that garners tremendous praise. Now that they've qualified for the World Cup let's see if they can really perform when it matters and qualify for the Olympics, which is really all that matters.

• congratualtions to Germany !! Das habt ihr gut gemacht :lol: :lol: :lol: They really played very well and deserved it. Italians were not that concentrated as they were before !!! I really hope to a Final between Germany and Turkey !!! Turkey has to take revenge from 2004 :box: :box: :box:

• Go Turkey for WC :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Oh Gizem is playing as digger Libero once again :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• i am soo happy for Germany, they deserved a victory, they are new team with Grun back, Weiss is great setter, hope the second finalist will be Turkey, but it will be hard match between Eda and Rašić, i love them both :)

• Haha, It looks like everyone here supports for Turkey, so...my heart is with Serbia :lol: joking! I love both of them...hard to choose :D

• For me it's clear that who did the difference for Germany was Grun, she is a worldclass player, i m not saying Guidetti do not has his merits, but he didn't chaged anything, with Grun in ,Kozuch do not have all the responsability, so she can play withouth all the pressure which makes she improves, and tehre is no comparison with Grun and the others germany OH, actually is hard to find in teh world OH with attack skills like Grun has

World Cup wild card will be hunted as much as ever :lol:

• Haha, It looks like everyone here supports for Turkey, so...my heart is with Serbia :lol: joking! I love both of them...hard to choose :D

i like serbians very much, but this time i support turkey, because i like eda very much, but i won't be sad if serbia goes to final.

• Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Deutschland ^^ ^^ ^^ :flower: :flower: :flower:

I really didn't expect Germany to win, honestly (I think like many others).

About Guidetti: come on, guys. He has been a great coach for years. He has proved it with German NT and VGSTT. Is he now a better coach than during WGP ??

The difference for Germany between WGP 2011 and ECH 2011 is: Angelina Grün :obey: :obey: :obey:

She has add worldclass-quality, huge experience and great mental strenght to German NT :super:

I hope to see a final Germany - Turkey :teach: Turkey deserves it - like Germany - to be in the final :win:

• I think no one is disregarding the importance of Grün. She's an amazing player and obviously her joining the team shows a big improvement for Germany.

But also, Guidetti's role is very important. It's not just about Grün. He prepared the team very well. And he's a fox, he knows that the european championship is far more important than the GP.

Both factors combined should be remembered.

• I think no one is disregarding the importance of Grün. She's an amazing player and obviously her joining the team shows a big improvement for Germany.

But also, Guidetti's role is very important. It's not just about Grün. He prepared the team very well. And he's a fox, he knows that the european championship is far more important than the GP.

Both factors combined should be remembered.

Agree.

I just wanted to say Guidetti hasn't transformed from a bad coach to a great coach in a period of a few months. He has always been an great coach. Grün made the difference.

Many have criticiized Guidetti lately...In the end it's not about (non-playing) substitutes. They don't make the difference, in case of Germany. It's about Weiss, Kozuch, Brinker, Grün, Tszerlich, Susschke and Fürst. And Guidetti has done greatg work with his starting-six/7 :win:

• Miss Silver replaced Ozsoy, and now Karakoyun is on the court :thumbsup:

Great play by Maja so far...