European Championships 2011

• ^^

Serbia captain Jelena Nikolic: “This match was the final I dreamt of, and I think we both deserved to be here. I thank my girls, since we produced an amazing show tonight. Some people had some doubts about our young team, but we proved them that with strong us motivation and will everything is possible. Thank you for believing in us and helping us to achieve what we have achieved tonight.”

Serbia head coach Zoran Terzic: “First, I would like to thank everyone who helped us getting here, but I’m sure I won’t remember all of them. Then I would like to congratulate my amazing team. They made dreams become true this year and they confirmed it tonight. I’m more than satisfied with winning this gold medal, adding it to the men’s gold medal. This fact shows how volleyball in Serbia is growing.”

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• ^^

Serbia captain Jelena Nikolic: “This match was the final I dreamt of, and I think we both deserved to be here. I thank my girls, since we produced an amazing show tonight. Some people had some doubts about our young team, but we proved them that with strong us motivation and will everything is possible. Thank you for believing in us and helping us to achieve what we have achieved tonight.”

Serbia head coach Zoran Terzic: “First, I would like to thank everyone who helped us getting here, but I’m sure I won’t remember all of them. Then I would like to congratulate my amazing team. They made dreams become true this year and they confirmed it tonight. I’m more than satisfied with winning this gold medal, adding it to the men’s gold medal. This fact shows how volleyball in Serbia is growing.”

Thank u dear! :flower:

• Can anyone tell me how was place 5 to 8 decided ???
    It's strange because place 5 and 6 award direct qualification for 2013 and Poland and Russia got the spot by losing 3-0
    and The Netherland lost 3-1 and they are only 7th ??
    Tks

From CEV Official Regulations (Article 4.2.4.4) :
    The teams losing the QUARTER-FINALS matches shall be automatically eliminated from the
    FINAL ROUND and the teams will be classified as 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th following the addition of all
    results in the QUARTER-FINAL match and the matches of the PRELIMINARY POOLS.

• Interview with Lenka Dürr about the EHC.

Don´t know if this is the right place to post it, or if i shoulda post it in the multimedia section.

Here´s the translation of the interview (some stupid questions and quotes by the interviewer, imo)

Interviewer: This is the silver medal for Lenka Dürr, congratulations...

Lenka Dürr: ...Thank you very much

Interviewer: Really impressive, because of its size, seems to be quite heavy, though.

Lenka Dürr: Yeah, it gets heavier as time goes on...

Interviewer: Lenka, i think this were extraordinary weeks, the team was rewarded a silver medal for their good team performance, was it
    also that extraordinary that distinguished the team, the team performance?

Lenka Dürr: Of course, we don´t have much individual players who stand out, it´s the team doing the work and the unity of the team leading to this success.

Interviewer: You´ve played an incredible European Championship, lost only one set, then beat the defending champions Italy 3-0, the head coach said this was the best match he has ever seen from this team. How much sadness was there when you lost the finals after leading 2-1?

Lenka Dürr: At the beginning we were very sad, because we were so close of winning the title, but in the end we fullfilled our debit for the olympics and therefore we were just as happy.

Interviewer: What does it mean to have fullfilled your debit? You are still not qualified for Olympia with this silver medal.

Lenka Dürr: Right, but because we´ve played in the final match we have qualified for the World Cup in which we can get more FIVB points and qualify for Olympia.

Interviewer: The World Cup will take place in Japan in November, and having the playing schedule for the league ready shows how unexpected this silver medal was, because you are playing at the time the league has already started. They didn´t probably believe that you will qualify for the World Cup or what was the reason?

Lenka Dürr: Of course, you have to be ready to have a plan if we wouldn´t have qualified for the World Cup, and i think they wanted to make sure to be able to change everything.

Interviewer: For you the season starts with a home game against Aachen with Angelina Grün. She was one of the defining players of the team, came back from beach volleyball. Now you will play the first match with Rote Raben against Aachen and her. A special match for you?

Lenka Dürr: Yes, of course. For me, because i´m playing for the second time in the new arena, but it also marks the first time i´m playing an official match for the Rote Raben and of course, playing against a volleyball legend, Angelina Grün, is a very special event.

Interviewer: A volleyball legends, that sounds like, well, Fritz Walter for soccer, but Angelina Grün has done something very good for the team, what do you learn from a player like her?

Lenka Dürr: Her experience, what she passes on to the team, her instructions during a game which are very different, sometimes the team needs to calm down, sometimes they need motivation. These are the things i can learn from her.

Interviewer: A special season ahead of you, of course every season is special, but going to Japan how do you reconcile studies and volleyball?

Lenka Dürr: It´s kinda distance learning, i´m getting a lot of help, just like with my high-school diploma and i think it will work out well.

Interviewer: A kind of distance learning is what many students do, but not official. Your distance learning is official. What are your goals?

Lenka Dürr: First of all i have to make a bachelor degree course in science of sports and then choose a master degree course. It´s probably gonna be rehab/prevention or high performance sport.

Interviewer: Being from Bavaria, born in...

Lenka Dürr: ...I was born in Memmingen

Interviewer: In Memmingen, right...

Lenka Dürr: ...but was raised in Kaufbeuren...

Interviewer: Which roll does Octoberfest play in your life?

Lenka Dürr: Unfortunately, not a big one. I have been here only once, because of not having that much time, but you try to get here with many people and just have a good time.

Interviewer: We had a good time having you here with us and keep the fingers crossed for the new season. And we would like to let you sign on this shirt. I will explain the story behind it later.

Lenka Dürr: Gladly

Interviewer: Ok, i´m helping by pulling on the shirt... We are excited about the signature... Ladies and Gentlemen,the volleyball silver medalist 2011, Lenka Dürr. Congratulations and thanks for your second visit to Octoberfest in your life.

Lenka Dürr: Thank you

• I love Lenka :rose:

• There's an interview with Jovana Brakocevic in today's newspapers, I'll put shortly what she said.

First of all, she says that she cried more in the 24 hours after the final than she did in the 23 years of her life. She is completely overcome with emotions and all the support she has been getting. :rose: She never expected to get the MVP title and didn't even think about it and it came as a shock when she heard about it, she was completely stunned. All that was important to her was that Serbia should win the match and after the MP, she couldn't hold it inside anymore and started crying.
    She got sick on Friday, came down with a cold and fever, managed to hold on in the match against Turkey, but the final was too much for her, she was completely spent and had no energy left, she could barely stand on her feet. She wasn't upset when she was substituted, she knew it had to happen and she only prayed that Malagurski would play well. When she saw how great Sanja was playing, her heart was in the right place.
    After the match she was too ill to celebrate but she still joined the girls for a couple of drinks before going to bed. :drink:

Now she's going to rest and heal her hand injury before the start of the World Cup.

• Congratulations Serbia!

Brizitka we know you are the best!Kisses from Panathinaikos and thank you for everything!

• Brawooo, Srbijaaaa!!! Big celebrations now in Belgrad, i know, i know :lol: :drink: :thumbup: all nations can learn from you about team sports, and tennis :win:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• German team trying to make Guidetti blond after the final match :D (unfortunately there are no pictures of the result...)

They are clearly drunk, Matthes looks so comfortable after her disaster at serve... :cheesy:
    I love this Gruen German team