Dutch DELA-League 2010-2011

• Play-offs Finals (best-of-five)

Second match

VC Weert - Heutink Pollux

1st set 25-23
    2nd set 25-17
    3rd set 25-13

so Weert leads now 2-1 in sets..

You can follow the match on HeutinkPollux-twitter ---> http://twitter.com/HeutinkVolley

• Play-offs Finals (best-of-five)

Second match

17th April 17:00 VC Weert - Heutink Pollux 3-1 (25-23, 17-25, 25-13, 28-26)

http://www.volleybalstatistiek…2011/wedstrijden/ALD3ABA/

Pictures: http://www.volleypictures.nl/i…allery2&Itemid=35&gid=207

Topscorer Weert: Georgina Klug, 20 points. Topscorer Pollux: Antoinet Psthuma, 21 points

Weert leads 2-0 in series :win:

• Play-offs Finals (best-of five)

Third match

23rd April 18:30 Heutink-Pollux - VC Weert

VC Weert can become champion in that match :super: :drink:

Third match

23rd April 18:30 Heutink-Pollux - VC Weert 3-0

http://www.volleybalstatistiek…2011/wedstrijden/ALD3AAb/

Congratulations to Pollux :flower: :flower:

Topscorer Pollux: Lonneke Sloetjes, 18 points. Topscorer Weert: Georgina Klug, 11 points

Pictures: http://www.volleypictures.nl/i…allery2&Itemid=35&gid=209

Series: Weert 2-1 Pollux

Tomorrow, 24th April, is the 4th match in Weert at 16:00 !!!

Fourth match

24rd April 16:00 VC Weert - Heutink Pollux 2-3

http://www.volleybalstatistiek…2011/wedstrijden/ALD3ABa/

Topscorer Weert: Angelique Vergeer, 28 points. Topscorer Pollux: Lonneke Sloetjes, 21 points.

Pictures: http://www.volleypictures.nl/i…allery2&Itemid=35&gid=211

Congratulations to Pollux :flower: :flower:

Series: 2-2

Final match will be played at Sunday, 1st May in Oldenzaal --> Pollux - Weert :teach:

• Final match in play-offs will be played:

Sunday, 1st May, 13:00 CET Pollux - Weert

The match will be broadcasted LIVE at Dutch Television.

• Play-offs Finals

Final match:

Pollux - VC Weert 1-3 (25-16, 14-25, 20-25, 24-26)

MVP: Angelique Vergeer (VC Weert)

Series: Pollux 2-3 VC Weert

----> VC WEERT IS DUTCH CHAMPION :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: <--------

• Thanks for the all posts. :thumbup:

Congratulations to winner. :drink:

You're welcome ^^

It's sad to see DELA League weaker and weaker every season...:( Weert's best players, Vergeer and van Daelen will play in a foreign league next season..

Weert has now become champion, but there's a realistic chance the team will get bankrupt, so won't exist anymore next season. The same for Pollux..

All teams in DELA-League have financial problems, except Sliedrecht Sport.

• The board of Pollux Oldenzaal yesterday decided, in principal, not to participate in DELA-League next season...they didn't succeed so far to find a new sponsor..

Until the end of this month the board will desperately wait for a sponsor...if there will be a sponsor eventually, the board will recall their decision not to participate..

Very sad :(

• The board of Pollux Oldenzaal yesterday decided, in principal, not to participate in DELA-League next season...they didn't succeed so far to find a new sponsor..

Until the end of this month the board will desperately wait for a sponsor...if there will be a sponsor eventually, the board will recall their decision not to participate..

Very sad :(

That's very sad news not only for Pollux but also for the Dutch league in general. :(
    If even the runner up of the league cannot find sponsor that it is a dark prospect for other teams and the league as well

Any insight on why is that happening?
    There was once a more vibrant league and Dela Martinus used to participate in the CEV Championship yet everything seems to have collapsed when the NT players are exported to other leagues...

• That's very sad news not only for Pollux but also for the Dutch league in general. :(
    If even the runner up of the league cannot find sponsor that it is a dark prospect for other teams and the league as well

Any insight on why is that happening?
    There was once a more vibrant league and Dela Martinus used to participate in the CEV Championship yet everything seems to have collapsed when the NT players are exported to other leagues...

Well, many clubs have said they can;t find sponsors since 2004. Because since 2004 (Avital Selinger's NT-project, sponsored by DELA) DELA/Martinus roster was much too strong for the League, so the other teams particpated only for second place. Sponsors weren't interested to sponsor for second place anymore. The tragical thing is, DELA stopped sponsoring Amstelveen, only continued sponsoring NT, a few years ago, so even Amstelveen got in financial problems the last few years..--> therefore they founded TVC, but there are still financial problems..
    Besides that, the other clubs have accused the Dutch Federation for many years, of giving too much power to DELA/Martinus, by giving their permission for Avital Selinger's project.

I think the clubs are right, for a big part, but I think that's not the whole story.

• Well, many clubs have said they can;t find sponsors since 2004. Because since 2004 (Avital Selinger's NT-project, sponsored by DELA) DELA/Martinus roster was much too strong for the League, so the other teams particpated only for second place. Sponsors weren't interested to sponsor for second place anymore. The tragical thing is, DELA stopped sponsoring Amstelveen, only continued sponsoring NT, a few years ago, so even Amstelveen got in financial problems the last few years..--> therefore they founded TVC, but there are still financial problems..
    Besides that, the other clubs have accused the Dutch Federation for many years, of giving too much power to DELA/Martinus, by giving their permission for Avital Selinger's project.

I think the clubs are right, for a big part, but I think that's not the whole story.

Thanks, that is very helpful post about how DELA Martinus went to TVC Amstelveen. That makes sense about the sponsorships. So why exactly did the league not allow Avital to coach Martinus any longer? I understand the top players of Martinus - Flier, Stam, Staelens, etc - left because they wanted more money. But also why could not the NT players play on Martinus? Was the Dutch league against them for being so good and dominating?

• Bullshit, the main reason for lack of sponsors is the crisis (can't believe I'm actually pointing this out).. or perhaps people's perception of it. Usually people do not have a problem sponsoring the underdog (a lot of times companies themselves perceive themselves as the underdog in their market and hence are sympathetic and believe in the potential of the underdog... after all, all champions start out as underdogs).

• So why exactly did the league not allow Avital to coach Martinus any longer? I understand the top players of Martinus - Flier, Stam, Staelens, etc - left because they wanted more money. But also why could not the NT players play on Martinus? Was the Dutch league against them for being so good and dominating?

Avital wanted that ,but the olther clubs decided that he couldn't be headcoach of NT and Dela Martinus. Dela wanted to sponsor Martinus but only with Avital as coach,so THAT was the problem.
    Problem of not having sponsors is problem in whole sportsection. I don't think it's because of the Dela Martinus project,with all the NT-players in the team.
    Other clubs always say that Avital and Nevobo are working together,but years ago more clubs , then only Martinus , had the chance to participate in the Dela project. But they don't want the project. Martinus stapped in the project and that's why there is always a special band with avital .
    But players of other clubs then TVC were also invited for winterprogramm,so are welcome to join the team of Avital.
    Last play-offs we didn't get any help from NEVOBO , for moving matches to other data, or more like that. TVC had to play a play-off match on Thursday evening!!! If I tell you ,that's 2 hours driving for the team AND supporters,it's really sad NEVOBO made such a decision. Other teams could play their match on saturday or sunday,that's what TVC also asked to NEVOBO.

• Dutch champion VC Weert contracted already 7 players for next season.

Angelique Vergeer (!), Maaike Uijterschout, Desiree Nouwen, Lydie van Deursen and Judith Vromen renewed their contract. Weert transferred Suzanne Cartigny (Peelpush) and Martine Kuijpers (Ledub). The club is still negotiating with Georgina Klug.

http://www.l1.nl/L1SPRT/_pid/l…inks4_hasclickpage/1_1023

• Avital wanted that ,but the olther clubs decided that he couldn't be headcoach of NT and Dela Martinus. Dela wanted to sponsor Martinus but only with Avital as coach,so THAT was the problem.
    Problem of not having sponsors is problem in whole sportsection. I don't think it's because of the Dela Martinus project,with all the NT-players in the team.
    Other clubs always say that Avital and Nevobo are working together,but years ago more clubs , then only Martinus , had the chance to participate in the Dela project. But they don't want the project. Martinus stapped in the project and that's why there is always a special band with avital .
    But players of other clubs then TVC were also invited for winterprogramm,so are welcome to join the team of Avital.
    Last play-offs we didn't get any help from NEVOBO , for moving matches to other data, or more like that. TVC had to play a play-off match on Thursday evening!!! If I tell you ,that's 2 hours driving for the team AND supporters,it's really sad NEVOBO made such a decision. Other teams could play their match on saturday or sunday,that's what TVC also asked to NEVOBO.

I see, thanks Marieke! :D I believe it was really foolish Avital was not allowed to be NT and Martinus coach. Too bad they made him choose one or other. Obviously he wanted to be NT coach. I understand what you mean about sponsorships. It is too bad money has to control everything. :tzz:

But don't the NT dames wear "DELA" logo on their shirts? So does DELA sponsor the NT right now?