European Championships - 2013 - hosts Denmark and Poland

• What a mess!

• Belarus - Portugal 3-0(25-19, 25-20, and 29-27)

• Great Britian 3-2 Turkey

Latvia beat Spain 3-2.

Greece beat Finland 3-0 (25-19,25-21,25-23)

Day of surprises.

The Netherlands - Belgium 2-3 (25-17, 25-20, 16-25, 18-25, 18-20)

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24804

I'm watching results of Dutch NT lately and it makes me wonder how is that that they lead 2:0 and lose two next sets. They like tie-breaks or what. It's ok when in the end they're winnning. But this time losing to Belgium... C'mon.
    Why Abdel-Aziz wasn't a starter? And why Kooistra didn't play at all?

• Day of surprises.

I'm watching results of Dutch NT lately and it makes me wonder how is that that they lead 2:0 and lose two next sets. They like tie-breaks or what. It's ok when in the end they're winnning. But this time losing to Belgium... C'mon.
    Why Abdel-Aziz wasn't a starter? And why Kooistra didn't play at all?

Freriks and van Bemmelen did a good job during last match, so that might be the cause for Kooistra and Abdel-aziz to be benched.

Headcoach Benne said Belgium has a strong team and they were simply better in 3rd and 4th set.

• Freriks and van Bemmelen did a good job during last match, so that might be the cause for Kooistra and Abdel-aziz to be benched.

Headcoach Benne said Belgium has a strong team and they were simply better in 3rd and 4th set.

I saw the game live.
    Freriks played a pretty good game.
    Last season, at Roeselare, he was released from the team by Januari because he supposedly didn't satisfy the expectations.
    Roeselare's coach, Dominique Bayens, now became coach of our national team. So I'm sure that Freriks wanted to prove something to him.

I read that Kooistra was slightly injured, that's why Van Bemmelen started.

About the game:
    The Dutch definitely outclassed the Belgians in set 1 en partly in set 2.
    Set 1 was a real embarrassement for our team: no serve pressure, a lot of mistakes in reception, poor defense, ...
    Starter Verhanneman was quickly substituted by Claes (too many errors in reception) and Van Walle started in set 2 in stead of Van den Dries (I suppose because he missed all of his serves, normally one of his strong points).

From set 3 on, I was really impressed with the Belgian level of play - it took them 2 sets to warm up, it seemed.
    Especially Van Walle was excellent, a truely all-round performance in attack, serve, defense and block.
    The team showed mental strength by neutralising 5 Dutch match-points in the tie-break.

I hope they can repeat this performance in game against Estonia.

• I read that Kooistra was slightly injured, that's why Van Bemmelen started.

Kooistra played the whole match today against Israel, 21 points, 83% attack, 1 serve and 5 blocks. Likely, his injury wasn't that serious ;) :D

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24806

Netherlands - Israel 3-0 (25-23, 25-21, 25-18)

• These qualies are joke :obey: f.e Turkey had around 40 attacking errors in 2 matches :obey: 2 months ago they played EL finals...Portugal barely won vs Great Britain :rolll: Greeks lost to Montenegro and then trashed Finland :obey:

really low level of volleyball, just like on Junior ECH :aww:

• Kooistra played the whole match today against Israel, 21 points, 83% attack, 1 serve and 5 blocks. Likely, his injury wasn't that serious ;) :D

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24806

Netherlands - Israel 3-0 (25-23, 25-21, 25-18)

Jesus Christ... MB with 21 points in 3-sets match. Who is he? :white:

• These qualies are joke :obey: f.e Turkey had around 40 attacking errors in 2 matches :obey: 2 months ago they played EL finals...Portugal barely won vs Great Britain :rolll: Greeks lost to Montenegro and then trashed Finland :obey:

really low level of volleyball, just like on Junior ECH :aww:

Turkey lost 2 dramatic tie-break one 25-23 :wall: other 15-13 ;(

Serhat Coşkun, who is main Opp of team has broken her nose after collision with setter, Ulaş Kıyak just 2 days before tournament :wall: Because this unexpected injury, all plans has been changed since it was just before tournament they couldn't manage to adapt new starting 6 roster (MB Emre Batur is playing as Opp now)

I really don't understand why coach doesn't want to use Tomislav Çoskoviç, former Crotian NT member and new Turkish citizen while we desperately need a decent OH :what:

• I've read that Dejan Vincic is injured and that's why he didn't play in last matches in NT. But there's no info what's with him. Anybody?
    And the funniest thing is that Skra claimes they talked with him recently and he didn't say a word about his injury.

• Turkey lost 2 dramatic tie-break one 25-23 :wall: other 15-13 ;(

Serhat Coşkun, who is main Opp of team has broken her nose after collision with setter, Ulaş Kıyak just 2 days before tournament :wall: Because this unexpected injury, all plans has been changed since it was just before tournament they couldn't manage to adapt new starting 6 roster (MB Emre Batur is playing as Opp now)

I really don't understand why coach doesn't want to use Tomislav Çoskoviç, former Crotian NT member and new Turkish citizen while we desperately need a decent OH :what:

I know what happened with Serhat but u can't lose to GB :aww: also 50+ attacking mistakes in 3 matches ( I dont count serve and reception erorrs) :whistle: Batur already played as OPP so nothing new for team. That's just my opinion ofc :drink: