European Championships - 2013 - hosts Denmark and Poland

• Gok lol He blocked himself :rolll:

To Man who is during Poland-Turkey match and has a bomb- detonate her now.

• Turkey has a level as the best African Team in Women's category. But the Team stole set to Polish Team who also may play in Africa at the moment.

• I watched three sets Poland-Turkey and I wasn't impressed by Poles' game at all. When there was no block, problems appeared. Too shaky reception, too much mistakes. I hope that in next games it'll look better :roll: Stats from Pool B are stil not avialble and it's hard to say more :mad: the most impressive from Turks was definitely Batur.

I'm surprised both by Germany and Slovenia 8o good job guys :thumbsup: looking at stats Grozer was a monster, with 71% spike efficiency :obey:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I watched three sets Poland-Turkey and I wasn't impressed by Poles' game at all. When there was no block, problems appeared. Too shaky reception, too much mistakes. I hope that in next games it'll look better :roll: Stats from Pool B are stil not avialble and it's hard to say more :mad: the most impressive from Turks was definitely Batur.

I'm surprised both by Germany and Slovenia 8o good job guys :thumbsup: looking at stats Grozer was a monster, with 71% spike efficiency :obey:

There was no block?
    I believe at the beginning of 4th set Poland led the blocking points 8-2. Actually I was shocked that Turkish could lose so many points to Poland's blocking.

Are you saying Batur is impressive in an ironic way? Because in my impression Batur gave away a lot of points. He's not great at all.

• There was no block?
    I believe at the beginning of 4th set Poland led the blocking points 8-2. Actually I was shocked that Turkish could lose so many points to Poland's blocking.

Are you saying Batur is impressive in an ironic way? Because in my impression Batur gave away a lot of points. He's not great at all.

When there were series of scoring blocks Poland didn't have difficulties, I know that Poles did some nice kill blocks, but not throughout all game and sometimes there were some ups and downs. Maybe I overrated Batur, but as I watched he seemed to be most reliable spiker from team, maybe I'm wrong or watched totally different match (I didn't watch last set) :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• There was no block?

Batur was the only reliable spiker in our court. He is normally MB, however he always forced to convert his position as OH. :down: He is a very talented MB, you should watch her during Champions League matches of Halkbank. Unfortunately Burutay and Serhat were injured so Batur was alone and easily got blocked by Polish players. Yet, I still claim that has was the reason of the set won by Turkey :obey:

As I stressed before performance of MBs were the crucial reason of the defeat. Especially captain Mondzonek rocks! Our 3 MBs sucked a lot at both blocking and attacking. EMin gök's mistake was humiliating :mad:

• Batur was the only reliable spiker in our court. He is normally MB, however he always forced to convert his position as OH. :down: He is a very talented MB, you should watch her during Champions League matches of Halkbank. Unfortunately Burutay and Serhat were injured so Batur was alone and easily got blocked by Polish players. Yet, I still claim that has was the reason of the set won by Turkey :obey:

As I stressed before performance of MBs were the crucial reason of the defeat. Especially captain Mondzonek rocks! Our 3 MBs sucked a lot at both blocking and attacking. EMin gök's mistake was humiliating :mad:

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with Turkey team.

• Russia paid a dear price for recruiting Spirik and especially Sivozhelez into the main squad. A very even starting game turned into a disaster when Grankin had to rely on the attack from four. The two well-receiving OHs have scored 2 points out of 12 and 1 out of 10 (!), respectively, in attack and were very slow in defense too. Notably, there were one-man blocks from Kampa. I wonder what Voronkov is going to invent about it. Looks like the availability of Grozer was a surprise for him too.

• I'm shocked that after almost 4 matches are ONLY 3 comments where 1st with only result, 2nd will be strip in front of camera- hope after 11 pm, and 3rd will drunk to unconsciousness.

I think it is because of the changes on the site and in the passwords. Takes a while till all sort it out.

I am more shocked that on Laola1.tv you can not have any matches from the continental Championships, not even the final4 or the finals. I am a bit shocked that the Fivb wants to promote volleyball and do all for worldwide international events but the more local events they care so few about. Even though they could reach much more people and country like that as not all countries who play at the continental events qualify to worldwide competitions. And the goal should be to grow the popularity of the sport at a wider range to have your own heroes from your own nation who might motivate many youngsters to get familiar with the sport and maybe chose it over Football, Basketball and likes.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Wow, really calm here ?(

I have to come back to Germany`s game yesterday. :obey: That was near to perfect. Guess I have never seen a german team playing such good block/defense and transition plays. Grozers' 71% efficiency was already mentioned, but Christian Fromm as well had 71% :thumbsup: . What a monster game by him on his first championship. And whenever Russia hit their serve, reception was there. Just one direct fault on reception speaks for itself.
    Broshog for Böhme in starting 6 was quite a surprise. But as all the rest, he did a very good job.

Today will be completely new match. Hope, the guys will be back to earth again. I still have in mind this horrific and pathetic defeat against Bulgaria on the Olympics. It just can get better........

stats: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=25015

• It wasn't pathetic loss for Germany, it was the best match of Bulgaria

• What is considered if three teams in one group have the same win-loss ratio? The set ratio, the point ratio, or the set ratio only in matches between these 3 teams?

• Russia paid a dear price for recruiting Spirik and especially Sivozhelez into the main squad. A very even starting game turned into a disaster when Grankin had to rely on the attack from four. The two well-receiving OHs have scored 2 points out of 12 and 1 out of 10 (!), respectively, in attack and were very slow in defense too. Notably, there were one-man blocks from Kampa. I wonder what Voronkov is going to invent about it. Looks like the availability of Grozer was a surprise for him too.

I think it was a day off for the whole team yesterday. We've had the discussion about the OHs, Sivozhelez mostly, but you can't put the blame on the two of them only. Russia was absent as a whole yesterday, you can't really say there was a player who was more notable than the rest. Maybe only Muserskiy to some extent. Germany making more blocks than Russia, for example, says enough - Russia was just not prepared for the game. Still, I don't think Voronkov led some crappy preparation session. I believe they just underestimated the first game and arrived in Poland with the self-confidence of super favourites. Let's admit it - it's not the first time Russia appears to be too aristocratic towards an opponent. Voronkov stated he won't repeat the mistakes from the 2013 WL, but against Germany they played way too worse in comparison to that game with Canada back then. You shouldn't be worried about Russia, they will look differently at the eliminations. What worries me now is that Bulgaria might be a serious victim of Russia's anger on Sunday in a game they simply have to win. I hope I am wrong, though, and it turns out to be more balanced.

One other thing I want to see today. Germany's main problem is consistence. They normally have a bad game after a great one. If Heynen can improve this mentality, Bulgaria will be in trouble today. Not that they played great, but they will be stronger today for sure. Now with Germany taking three points, one cannot really predict whether it would be best to finish first, second or third in Pool D. Maybe they will be some Math on Sunday.

I agree about the lack of comments in here. The new forum and people losing passwords is one thing. But what surprises me is the significantly more interest shown towards the female championship. Wake up, people, we have to be active :)

• It wasn't pathetic loss for Germany, it was the best match of Bulgaria

Of course, there is no problem for me, loosing against a strong Bulgaria. But the way they did it was pathetic and disappointing. I still remind myself very well.....

• Wow, really calm here ?(

I have to come back to Germany`s game yesterday. :obey: That was near to perfect. Guess I have never seen a german team playing such good block/defense and transition plays. Grozers' 71% efficiency was already mentioned, but Christian Fromm as well had 71% :thumbsup: . What a monster game by him on his first championship. And whenever Russia hit their serve, reception was there. Just one direct fault on reception speaks for itself.
    Broshog for Böhme in starting 6 was quite a surprise. But as all the rest, he did a very good job.

I agree that Fromm was pretty superb in attack. Most importantly, he hasn't been kill-blocked (just like Grozer) and made no attacking errors. Performance worth a final game :). Fromm's reception was very good too. His "Russian equivalent" - Ilinykh - received worse. (Although I don't understand how come Fromm wasn't targetted by Russia who served mainly in Kaliberda).

Nevertheless, I think Grozer was the key character as he had to spike against organized block, sometimes a three-man block. There was only one case when he was left without block on the net. Had Grozer scored with lower efficiency, e.g. that of Pavlov, we could have seen more sets in that game. Plus his cannon serve...

German block/defense has never been bad I must say, and the blockers got many touches on the transition balls this time too. This is not a surprise to me and neither it was for Voronkov I'm sure. We faced this team (minus Grozer) at the World League and had very hard time, so no doubt some work has been done. E.g. the energizer Kaliberda was well read and blocked. But somehow we didn't improve our attacking efficiency against this well-organized defense, while this was a very obvious issue in matches vs Germany and Canada. This time the problems came literally from nowhere. E.g. Sivozhelez hits his pipe ten meters long from the excellent position and then Spirik fails to finish twice in a row - and we get -4 in the end of the first set and a very excited opponent.

• According to media record count of Countrys bought rights to show ECH even from Nigeria and Burkina Faso

• I think it was a day off for the whole team yesterday. We've had the discussion about the OHs, Sivozhelez mostly, but you can't put the blame on the two of them only. Russia was absent as a whole yesterday, you can't really say there was a player who was more notable than the rest. Maybe only Muserskiy to some extent. Germany making more blocks than Russia, for example, says enough - Russia was just not prepared for the game. Still, I don't think Voronkov led some crappy preparation session. I believe they just underestimated the first game and arrived in Poland with the self-confidence of super favourites. Let's admit it - it's not the first time Russia appears to be too aristocratic towards an opponent. Voronkov stated he won't repeat the mistakes from the 2013 WL, but against Germany they played way too worse in comparison to that game with Canada back then. You shouldn't be worried about Russia, they will look differently at the eliminations. What worries me now is that Bulgaria might be a serious victim of Russia's anger on Sunday in a game they simply have to win. I hope I am wrong, though, and it turns out to be more balanced.

One other thing I want to see today. Germany's main problem is consistence. They normally have a bad game after a great one. If Heynen can improve this mentality, Bulgaria will be in trouble today. Not that they played great, but they will be stronger today for sure. Now with Germany taking three points, one cannot really predict whether it would be best to finish first, second or third in Pool D. Maybe they will be some Math on Sunday.

This Russian team is not the tallest and not the most blocking ever so no surprise that Germany has (narrowly) outblocked them. What they are good at is block/defense, which they have demonstrated well against Brazil. They struggle however against any athletic team with a strong opposite who organise a decent block to Pavlov and serve well. Against such opponents, Russia suddenly fails to side-out and then struggles to catch up. Where I agree is that Russian OHs did not fail the reception. Yes, aces happen especially when Grozer serves (and Verbov receives). But overall the reception allowed to fight and win. Otherwise it looked like the players were not in the game. E.g. the cover of Pavlov's attacks was horrible. He was twice blocked in a way nobody should be kill-blocked, i.e. when the ball just falls in the 6th zone between two of his teammates.

There was clearly no "aristocratic" attitude from Russia (this is not the aristocratic squad, apart from Verbov :)) and the physical condition of the players looks excellent - a month of good work on the seaside. There was a clear lack of adrenaline and (for some players) - testosterone :). Possibly, the win in the World League and the win over Germany at the Wagner memorial made someone over-confident but overall these guys are actually hard workers.

As for Bulgaria, I think they're in the next round already. Unless Russia gives a chance to Czechs, which is also possible, Bulgaria should be through. Moreover, this Russia will struggle against Bulgaria a lot. What Bulgaria needs is just an organized block vs the opposite and aggressive stable serve. And then hope Sokolov doesn't have one of his "typical" games :).

• huge battle in Gdynia.
    Germany takes first set 36:34 :white:

• And then hope Sokolov doesn't have one of his "typical" games :).

Unfortunately he seems to have a very good day :thumbup: . When germans can control him a little more, i am optimistic......