2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Pool B is substantially easier than any of the other pools :down:

• I still wonder what is the explanation for that Russia and Poland are used as seeding besides hosts :mad: It must be Serbia and Turkey as last medalists :cursing:

NED, GER and TUR will most probably be in QF however most dramatic group is D for me, because non of them deserve to be eliminated after group stage :wall:

• I think and hope Azerbaijan will be more dangerous than people think :)

• And if i understand correctly,when germany finishes its group as 2nd or 3rd,it faces with russia in QF :gone: Is it certain that gamova and sokolova wont play in russia moreover?

Its highly unlikely they will play. However, both of them are behind their prime, and will only be worse in one yrs. time, while both Kosheleva and Goncharova are only 23 and will probably only be better, so it doesnt matter if they will play or not. Intresting how their line-up will look though, either I guess Kosheleva/Goncharova will play as OH´s with Nelly Alisheva as OPP, or Kosheleva/Scherban as OH´s with Goncharova as OPP. No changes in other positions I guess.

• uhm how do teams qualify for the euro championships?

• uhm how do teams qualify for the euro championships?

The organizing countries and the top-5 of previous ECH have alread been qualified..the other countries play qualification-tournaments.

• The organizing countries and the top-5 of previous ECH have alread been qualified..the other countries play qualification-tournaments.

:thumbsup: :drink:

• I think and hope Azerbaijan will be more dangerous than people think :)

In my opinion,Russia will be too strong but Azeri girls will be favourites against both Croatia and winner of Belarus / Slovakia,so they can at least secure 2nd place!

• Its highly unlikely they will play. However, both of them are behind their prime, and will only be worse in one yrs. time, while both Kosheleva and Goncharova are only 23 and will probably only be better, so it doesnt matter if they will play or not. Intresting how their line-up will look though, either I guess Kosheleva/Goncharova will play as OH´s with Nelly Alisheva as OPP, or Kosheleva/Scherban as OH´s with Goncharova as OPP. No changes in other positions I guess.

But without sokolova and gamova russia loses so much confidence and experience imo and because of that we might see a really different russia

• But without sokolova and gamova russia loses so much confidence and experience imo and because of that we might see a really different russia

I know, but Tanya and Natasha isnt any young puppies anymore with all this experience they´ve got from all kind of situations, WCH, OG, CL etc, and perhaps they can step it up and take the lead just like Sokolova/Gamova did many years ago, we will see.

• Once again no lucky draw for the Orange-girls :whistle: :whistle:

Germany and Turkey...will be very hard. Besides that, I have more confidence in current roster and staff than during Selinger-era.

I think u underestimate netherlands so much,last year in olympic qualification they played really good against russia and it has so much meaning i guess.I really think that netherlands might be so dangereous in pool A and they might make a big surprise in ECH 2013 8)

• I think u underestimate netherlands so much,last year in olympic qualification they played really good against russia and it has so much meaning i guess.I really think that netherlands might be so dangereous in pool A and they might make a big surprise in ECH 2013 8)

Don't forget Dutch NT is in a transition-period at the moment, which causes a lot of instability :win: While, Germany and Turkey both have a very solid and experienced roster.

• The special thing about Pool A is that there are so many connections between the teams: half of Dutch NT plays in German league, and German NT coach trains half of Turkish NT in Vakifbank...that's something different than playing just against some other NT...

• Don't forget Dutch NT is in a transition-period at the moment, which causes a lot of instability While, Germany and Turkey both have a very solid and experienced roster.

Theres still almost one year for ECH2013 and time works for younger teams not the old ones.With slöetjes and flier netherlands has enough power for an achievement in europe.Yeah germany and turkey have solid rosters surely but the both teams are not great at the same time.And i have to say that im not supporting netherlands rather i would be happy if germany and turkey can beat dutch NT easily :D i just want to mention what netherlands might make in unexpected way. 8o

• Imo,Azerbaijan has very good attacker:Mammadova,Rahimova,if they manage to receive well then they could be a dangerous team.Bulgaria and Czech R. are good teams..i wonder a lot how Italy and Russia will compete with the new rosters, they could play better than most of us expect!

• Imo,Azerbaijan has very good attacker:Mammadova,Rahimova,if they manage to receive well then they could be a dangerous team.Bulgaria and Czech R. are good teams..i wonder a lot how Italy and Russia will compete with the new rosters, they could play better than most of us expect!

I agree,I think Italy will surprise us with very good results!!! Azerbaijan needs better reception,because in attack it's hard to have better hitters than Mammadova and Rahimova,altough Polina has been injured for a long time,so she'll need time to get in form. Also AZE NT has great setter,Parkhomenko !

• Yeah, Azrebaijan almost has good individualls at every position such as Parkhemenko,Mammadova,Rahimova,Korotenko...even the middles are not bad:Kavlenko and the other parkemenko.....and now they have new naturalized players (i forgot their names) ?? one girl whose jump serves are good and the other tall girl??