2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• First two sets they played already really bad,but after they played better,but germany won exactly thanks to belgium's faults and inexperience.Germany except kozuch couldnt make much attacks,this match is the worst game of germany in this tournament :)

Germany is this.they are a serve-defence team.Germany's strongets points are serve-team play(defence).attack hasnt ever been Germany's strongest point.

• exactly :whistle:

• Germany is this.they are a serve-defence team.Germany's strongets points are serve-team play(defence).attack hasnt ever been Germany's strongest point.

I think u again make the same thing,for sure germany is not like russia,brazil or bulgaria for attacking but they also attack for enough level.Without attacking they couldnt win any match :) volley is mix of everything same as germany :thumbup:

• Congratulations to Germany! Great comeback from the hosts! I loved Fursts digs in the 4th set :flower:
    Kozuch was impressive when it was time to close the sets. Germany played quite bad during the first two sets. I really hope Belgium could qualify to Italy 2014.
    Congrats to Rusia and Germany! Both teams already in the WCH! Together with Italy, Japan and Thailand

• Congratulations for Russia. I`m very happy that they win with Serbia :box: :woohoo:
    Congratulations for Germany for great comeback :obey: I think that Belgium team is too young to keep concentration in this kind of match,and after 3rd set they were tired. Anyway great show :drink:

• Rousseaux with 7% of positive receptions :wacko: But both teams were terrible...none of them deserves to be in the Final. Russia won't have problems to destroy this lucky Germany

• Russia won't have problems to destroy this lucky Germany

They key will be the German service <--> Russian reception.

If Russia succeeds to receive well, they will not have many problems probably, because of their power and height. If German service is strong and Russian reception weak, it will be a different match.

• I'm still thinking about best players and it's hard to choose second best OH next to Kosheleva, because all others from Top teams were unstable.

Some comparison:
    - Tatiana Kosheleva 71 points, 52.2% spike, 67%/33% reception, 0.35 blocks/set, 0.29 aces/set
    - Alexandra Pasynkova 44 points, 41.9% spike, 51%/22% reception, 0.41 blocks/set, 0.06 aces/set
    - Maren Brinker 64 points, 35.3% spike, 43%/24% reception, 0.58 blocks/set, 0.21 aces/set
    - Heike Beier 36 points, 28.2% spike, 50%/30% reception, 0.32 blocks/set, 0.26 aces/set
    - Jelena Nikolic 45 points, 32.3% spike, 61%/34% reception, 0.39 blcks/set, 0.39 aces/set
    - Brizitka Molnar 24 points, 48.7% spike (but she had only 39 attempts), 49%/23% reception, 0.22 blocks/set, 0.06 aces/set
    - Charlotte Leys 73 points, 39.9% spike, 57%/40% reception, 0.52 blocks/set, 0.33 aces/set
    - Helene Rousseaux 49 points, 31.3% spike, 42%/23% reception, 0.38 blocks/set, 0.05 aces/set

Who will you choose next to Tatiana as second? The best spiker is Pasynkova, Leys and Nikolic are most solid receivers.

If CEV decides to choose from more than Top 4 remarkable were also:
    - Carolina Costagrande 66 points, 39% spike, 66%/45% reception, 0.71 blocks/set, 0.06 aces/set
    - Gozde Sonsirma 66 points, 38.3% spike, 64%/50% reception, 0.24 blocks/set, 0.47 aces/set
    - Mira Topic 74 points, 43.9% spike, 58%/40% reception, 0.22 blocks/set, 0.5 aces/set

Maybe my job is useless here, because of old award ceremony system, which CEV can choose, but you can compare how played some OHs throughout these games :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Del Core had a very strong season in Russia. I think her level is higher than Costagrande's now.

yes, Antonella could come back too

• Congratulations to both teams although the match quality was very low :S It is really hard to put up with Brinker, especially when she can not even score :down: I think Beier is performing better than her in thin tournament. Fürst was the queen again but Corina's level keeps dropping dramatically, I hope she can make a good come back after her maternity break :whistle:

About Belgium, they are my favourite team with Croatia :rose: They don't have any star player, but full of underrated players, such as Courtois, Aelbrecht and Van Hecke. I have been watching this team since they were at youth level. Due to lack of international experience they cannot manage to keep their level during a whole match that's why a resisting team make them trouble as France did before. They have very good starting line up without good back ups. I wonder why Heyrman got starting position of Angie Bland although she doesn't show anything special. Angie was a blocking machine during EL. :aww:

;It won't be unrealistic to see both host teams of 2015 at final since both BEL and NED have the youngest line-up currently (with Bulgarians) :obey:

• They key will be the German service <--> Russian reception.

If Russia succeeds to receive well, they will not have many problems probably, because of their power and height. If German service is strong and Russian reception weak, it will be a different match.

Russian reception is not weak at all, it's the best one in Europe at the moment! :huh:
    Really no chance for Germany, Silver medal is already too much for them.

• Well other euro teams aren't that old either i doubt their ultra youth will help them in any way, actually today if they were a bit older and experienced this match would have ended differently

If we look at starting line-ups of top teams, they are old or let's say not young (more than 25)

German team is old; Beier and Ssuschke are 30, Weiss is 29, Fürst is 28, Brinker and Kozuch are 27 so all starting players will be around 30 except Dürr.

Russia is not young; Morozova and Kryuchkova are 28, Pasynkova is 26, Kosheleva is 25, Goncharova is 24. Only Pankova and Shlyakhovaya (I will die one day by writing this name :aww: ) can be considered young

Serbia is also old. Nikoliç is 31, Ognjenoviç and Cebiç are 29, Molnar and Krismanoviç are 28, Brakoçeviç is 25. Among their starters, only Rasiç is 23.

Croatia might be the oldest. Jerkov is 31, Topiç and Poljak are 30, Popoviç is 29, Milos is 27, Grbaç is 25. Only young player is Maleviç who is 23 years old.

Italy is not young; They might have oldest starter in this ECH, Costagrande is 33. Guiggi is 29, Arrighetti is 28, De Gennaro is 26, Sorokaite is 25. Only young players are Signorile (23) and Diouf who is just 20 years old.

Turkey is mediocre. Neslihan is 30, Gözde is 28, Seda is 27, Gizem is 26, Bahar is 25. Büşra and Naz are youngest-23 years old.

Among top 8 teams, only Belgium and Nederlands have really YOUNG starters.

Belgium; Diricks is 33, Leys is 24, Courtois and Aelbrecht are 23, Rousseaux is 22, Van Hecke is 21. And youngest Heyrman is 20 years old. In next ECH De Vyver ( 20 years old) will most probably replace Diricks, thus they will be the youngest.

Netherlands; Flier is 29; Steenbergen is 28; Grothues is 25; Stoltenborg, Bujs and De Kruijf are 22. Youngest one is Knip who is 21 years old. Sloetjes will replace Flier soon and they will be even younger.

Out of top 8; Bulgaria and Czechs also have quite young starters.

Bulgaria; Filipova M. is 31, Filipova Ş. is 28.Vasileva is 23. Kitipova, Ruseva, Rabadzhieva and Nikolova are 22 years old. Todorova who is only 16 years old will be starter in next ECh in my opinion. Moreover even Mira Todorova (19 years old) might be starter in next ECh

Czech Republic: Monzoni is 29, Pastulova is 28, Havlickova and Jasova are 26, Vanzurova is 22, Vincourova is 21 and Kossanyiova is 20 years old. With addition of Mlejnkova who is only 17 years old, they will be younger.

P.S:I couldn't write about France roster since they don't have any solid starting-7, they have played almost with 12 players during tournament :white: Still except Souply and Fedele, they don't have a young roster neither. :whistle:

P.S.2: I just notice that were plenty of under 20 player in 14-players roster (bold ones were even starter in their teams :obey: ):

1997- Zhana Todorova
    1996 - Michaela Milejnkova
    1995 - Jessica Rivero / Anzhelika Barysevich/ Celeste Plak / Aslı Kalaç
    1994 - KAKOLEWSKA Agnieszka / FEDELE Elisabeth / BOSETTI Caterina / GEERTIES Jennifer / IZQUIERDO Lisa / BAĞCI Dilara / RUYSSCHAERT Britt / CHIRICHELLA Cristina