2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Germany couldnt be champion but they showed a great performance and i really liked it.Even against russia they showed what they could do and just some differences made the result.Having silver medal is also really good for them ,congrats germany :flower:

• According to photo, MVP, best setter and best libero were elected by members of the press. :thumbup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Btw i think from now geerties,izquierdo,poll should be more in the game with surely brinker.Hippe played almost perfect and she shouldnt be in bench.But kozuch is the key player of this team as guidetti said so hippe also might be tried on OH position so aulenbrock could be the second opposite after kozuch.I also think brandt should play more with fürst,she is talented and taller just needs experience. :)
    For libero position dürr and thomsen are already good.Weiss is a talented setter for sure and she helped germany so much but i think its time for apitz and hanke with or without guidetti. :)

• Dare I remind that some time ago Kozuch was considered an overall failure by her club from Odintsovo. That team seemed to be happy with Isaeva instead who was warming the bench for Russia. at this ECH.

And I think they were just right. Her performance that club season in Zarechie was total disaster. Isaeva is a better spiker on almost any day. I think that she will prove it pretty soon. Yes, she's on the bench but behind Goncharova - undoubtedly one of the top3 opp. in the world, so no shame in that. Yes, Kozuch sometimes has a decent tournament only in NT, it's like a stick which shoots once a year. But if she was Russian she would never in her life make it to the NT bench.

• we expected more from Bulgaria but seems Belgium is closer to walking into strong teams of europe.

I don't agree. Bulgaria has showed in WGP what they are capable of. They were in a very tough group at ECH. Belgium had a very lucky draw at ECH. It's up to Belgian team to prove in the future this ranking is not an incident. Besides, Bulgaria has better players.

• I don't agree. Bulgaria has showed in WGP what they are capable of. They were in a very tough group at ECH. Belgium had a very lucky draw at ECH. It's up to Belgian team to prove in the future this ranking is not an incident. Besides, Bulgaria has better players.

They beat Serbia but couldnt go to next round...they should have beaten Poland and Czech R ....yes they have better individulals but Belgium looked more a team than them both as mentally,spiritually,team play.

• Yes, Kozuch sometimes has a decent tournament only in NT, it's like a stick which shoots once a year. But if she was Russian she would never in her life make it to the NT bench.

it is hard not to agree with this statement clearly she values Nt too much maybe she should play in German team for her own sake :whistle:

• Gözde Sonsirma wrote following Tweet "The Germans play volleyball, the Russians only spike." Turkish NT becomes more and more unpleasant because of the arrogance of certain players of a certain club. :down: Btw. she deleted her Tweet. :whistle:

• Gözde Sonsirma wrote following Tweet "The Germans play volleyball, the Russians only spike." Turkish NT becomes more and more unpleasant because of the arrogance of certain players of a certain club. :down: Btw. she deleted her Tweet. :whistle:

Only spike? Did she forgot how her team got blocked so many times against Russia? :whistling:

after this tournament, I think Shlyakhovaya, Dianskaya, and Malova would get better offers now in clubs because of their good performances this summer.

No offence but it sounds stupid only spikes ? :aww:

We all know about their behavior :players and supporters it's pathetic.
    BTW Svetlana Kryuchkova gave an interview after the game that she's grateful and thankful to Germans supporters in the hall she said they didn't do anything to make Russian players felt uncomfortable ,it's going to be another story if "other" country host this tournament and we all know which country she referred to.

in fact, sonsirma has experienced how strong is russian attack ( shlyakovaya showed to her, not in a good way though) :box:

• congratulations to Russia...really impressive game by them, especially in blocking and spike. What I liked the most are Pankova's fast sets, I hope she keeps improving, it would be great for her and her national team!!
    congrats also to Germany, they tried to keep up the rhythm for three sets, but Russia was superior.
    congrats to Kosheleva, amazing tournament! she's definetely back! :super: :cup:

• Nobody said Pankova is not a good setter, or that she didn't play great, but she was not this tournaments best.. It's much easier to set Obmochaeva, Kosheleva and Pasynkova when the ball is out of system rather than set either Beier, Brinker and Kozuch.. Even if we don't consider this, Weiss and as I said Dirickx played much better than Pankova.. they created much better situations for their hitters and also set many more combinations.. We all understand Russian reception was a disaster in the final and Pankova was trying really hard, but best setter is not the one who sets most ball which are out of system.. However Pankova did great too, but best setter should've gone to Weiss, than maybe Dirickx.. (Ognjenovic is usually the best but she performed very bad)

• Still no news about 2014 WGP format and participants? How many spots for Europe?

pappi wrote in WCH 2014 thread. 7 more places for Europe.