2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• That's why countries host such competitions! Some people are watching the games to SUPPORT their teams and some are there just to view it. It also feels ironic to hear that from a Russian person. :white:

What Kryuchkova said was that, had competition been held in Turkey, the home fans would have thrown all kind of crap into the Russian team during the final. She further refers to her own personal experience:
    http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/reviews/35623/

There has been no love lost between Russian players and Turkey as an organizer country after the funny 2003 ECH, at which many players of Russian NT felt seriously sick. But Kryuchkova needs to think first before she talks really. She earlier made a needless historical reference regarding the game vs Germany:
    http://www.sovsport.md/news/text-item/642237

Again, nothing bad in thinking this way but making those thoughts public is a bit careless if not stupid.

• i prefer agressive kind of support :super: everyone has different style unless you throw smthng on opponents i am ok with a bit of hostile behaviour :box:

... as long as the Ref is not under pressure. A couple of whistles can change the outcome of the 25:23-23:25-25:23 game a lot.

• But it's possible to support the home team without at the same time being hostile to their opponents. German team got great support in the whole tournament, but the audience also always praised the performance of their opponents and for example did not whistle during the opponent's serve like audiences in other countries always do.
    Besides, in this tournament there were many spectators in ALL matches, not like in other countries when there are 10,000 people when the home team plays and 250 when the home team is not playing...

I don't like when supporters get crazy and start to throw things to the players but Seriously? Whistling should not be a problem. These players are professionals, they get paid for this and their concentration should not be influenced by whistling.

Kryuchkova is another ignorant player so I guess she and Gözde can make great friends! Russian players got food poisoned in Turkey? Possible! But Russia is not the most innocent country when it comes to such scandals. One of the recent examples I remember is from Eurovision song contest in 2009, when the Turkish participant caught a cold, food poisoned and then claimed that Russian doctors made everything in purpose. She was a top candidate for winning the competition that year. So let's not go into those :whistle:

• If you see Brazilian or Chinese teams they are always running after every point celebrating...what's wrong with that? Freya has to much energy in her body so let her celebrate in her own style...

Totally agree, yes it's too rude.. I don't have any problem with the celebrations but after every point i think it's too much

• I still don't know why Croatian Coach attacked Gui Assistant and why Vindevogel didn't play.

Vindevoghel was not in Belgium NT at these European Championships.

• I agree there was nothing bad in how Belgium celebrated. Very positive team. They need a different coach for general fitness of course... although this may take away some charm :).

If you see Brazilian or Chinese teams they are always running after every point celebrating...what's wrong with that? Freya has to much energy in her body so let her ce.lebrate in her own style...

• I think that sportsmen are generally not very clever. At the same time, I wouldn't bring Eurovision into here as everybody knows that it is not about the contestants :). ECH on the other hand is a serious competition.

Thirdly, food poisoning was pretty epidemic that year. So the whole thing looked ideal for a conspiracy theory. What I find hard to believe is that one team would order to poison the other. I think there are no people who are that crazy. But the fans can get completely insane in what they're doing. As a rule, the further to the South, the worse :).

Kryuchkova is another ignorant player so I guess she and Gözde can make great friends! Russian players got food poisoned in Turkey? Possible! But Russia is not the most innocent country when it comes to such
    scandals. One of the recent examples I remember is from Eurovision song contest in 2009, when the Turkish participant caught a cold, food poisoned and then claimetd that Russian doctors made everything in purpose. She was a top candidate for winning the compeition that year. So let's not go in whto those :whistle:

• I think that sportsmen are generally not very clever. At the same time, I wouldn't bring Eurovision into here as everybody knows that it is not about the contestants :). ECH on the other hand is a serious competition.

Thirdly, food poisoning was pretty epidemic that year. So the whole thing looked ideal for a conspiracy theory. What I find hard to believe is that one team would order to poison the other. I think there are no people who are that crazy. But the fans can get completely insane in what they're doing. As a rule, the further to the South, the worse :).

LOL! I loved that! :lol: And far asians never get poisoned for some reason :teach:

• I don't like when supporters get crazy and start to throw things to the players but Seriously? Whistling should not be a problem. These players are professionals, they get paid for this and their concentration should not be influenced by whistling.

Kryuchkova is another ignorant player so I guess she and Gözde can make great friends! Russian players got food poisoned in Turkey? Possible! But Russia is not the most innocent country when it comes to such scandals. One of the recent examples I remember is from Eurovision song contest in 2009, when the Turkish participant caught a cold, food poisoned and then claimed that Russian doctors made everything in purpose. She was a top candidate for winning the competition that year. So let's not go into those :whistle:

I think you are all little bit boggle.
    You are all speaking about childish behavior, ignorance, no respect and cetera....when some of the players tell that you don't like.
    Kryuchkova said thanks to German supporters because they are really great. I was on some games with a German or Austrian supporters and it's a real pleasure. Fantastic atmosphere.
    Ok, you can whistle, you can use drums, support ok.....but sorry for all Turkish users here, what I saw on the game with Turkish fans it's too much....
    Maybe be it's ok for you, it's normal behavior but it maybe different for other countries, as you would like to speak about respect here to the other nations.
    So, I think it will be right to let people say what they think even if you don't like it.

You don't like Russians fans, ok, it's your opinion, I don't like someone else. Important that when the game finished we are friends as before.

I like to think that the another difference between football fans and volleyball fans is that we are calm, no aggressive , no violence to another team and support any fantastic/beautiful action not important which team did it, yours or your opponent. When we will be like football fans good atmosphere of the volley will be ruined.

• Also some Italian players were poisoned in Turkey2003, not so many like the Russians but still their performance was seriously damaged by the food they ate. In that period food poisoning was typical Turkish tactic, indeed they won Silver Medal which would have been impossibile to reach if Russia and Italy had been healthy.

• are there any chances that Croatia will play World Grand Prix 2014, president of our federation said that he hopes they will play, wild card maybe?

• are there any chances that Croatia will play World Grand Prix 2014, president of our federation said that he hopes they will play, wild card maybe?

Well, Germany and Belgium that already got their tickets via EL finished 2nd and 3rd in ECH, so if ECH ranking counts for WGP, Croatia has a good chance to be there. However, we'll have to wait for more information from FIVB about new format of WGP for next year...

• If you see Brazilian or Chinese teams they are always running after every point celebrating...what's wrong with that? Freya has to much energy in her body so let her celebrate in her own style...

I resent those kind of remarks, totally disrespectful. That "commentator" is an idiot.
    Aelbrecht is an extravert character with tons of positive energy.
    I'm sure she's not trying to intimidate the opposing team.

• Well, Germany and Belgium that already got their tickets via EL finished 2nd and 3rd in ECH, so if ECH ranking counts for WGP, Croatia has a good chance to be there. However, we'll have to wait for more information from FIVB about new format of WGP for next year...

ok, thank you :)

• I resent those kind of remarks, totally disrespectful. That "commentator" is an idiot.
    Aelbrecht is an extravert character with tons of positive energy.
    I'm sure she's not trying to intimidate the opposing team.

Aelbrecht celebrates any easy point like she has just won a big championship. Ultimum exaggeration (running circles, waving with her arms etc. ). It almost seems a kind of act :roll:

There are so many better players than Aelbrecht, who don't perform a show like Aelbrecht, after scoring an easy point.

By the way, Maren Brinker does the same like Aelbrecht.

• There are so many better players than Aelbrecht, who don't perform a show like Aelbrecht, after scoring an easy point.

That is beside the point - I'm saying that's the way she "ventilates" some of the energy she has plenty of.

• That is beside the point - I'm saying that's the way she "ventilates" some of the energy she has plenty of.

She only ventilates her huge amount of energy in that way after scoring a point :whistle: :whistle:

• What Aelbrecht does is negative neither for opponent nor for her team. So I don't see a problem with it. I really enjoy seeing her such acts :) But for example Arighetti's acts are just ewwww :thumbdown: