World League 2011

• Ad 1. How about handball? Polish male team has some real successes recently and handball isn't as popular as volleyball.
    Ad.2 Well, the demography can't guarantee great results. China, India, Pakistan and Indonesia have much more people than Finland, Serbia, Portugal, Holland, Czech Rep. etc. and I would say that they are rather much weaker at volleyball :D I think it is more about tradition, coaching system etc. not about amount of people. Or else Montenegro would never beat France. And such things happen.

and please, do not forget CUBA! I think they are like 11 millions! :obey:

• The funny thing is both Bulgaria and Poland still have chances of progressing to the 1/2 finals. Argentina will probably rotate their squad and Bulgaria almost never had problems beating Italy in recent years, today might be a different story, though.

• But back to the point Main problem is polish training system is iunderinvested despite huge money in polish volleyball
    Polish parent must pay to allow their children play volleyball for example for camps. So some poor people are deprived of opportunities to become a good volleyball players. And this people are most motivated And a invested school on Spała produces mostly players for second league.

Cuban players are phisically destined to play volleyball. And they have very good training system. If regime on Cuba will fall of course best cuban players will play in Europe and become better but best cuban coach will leave island and training system will fall.

• The problem is as I said polish fans are mostly fans of succes not volleyball. I do not want to insult true fans of volleyball in Poland but it is not possible that so many people in Poland are interested in this discipline.

I disagree - there're a lot of real volleyball fans. We just love volleyball ! Why ? It's partly combined with present show and history.
    I remember time when Polish football was on highest world level and the same time we were volleyball's world champion, Olympic gold medalist and five times european vice- champions ! Fans were with our team in weak time (1985-95). Look what is happening in Polish league competition or European Cups ? A lot of fans - they're supporting not only Skra but also much weaker teams or women clubs. Are you able to gather many times in European Cup's match 5-10.000 supporters outside
    Poland ?
    Polish volleyball fans are rather very polite and nice. We prefer to come with bigger goups or families because we like it. Polish volleyball fans are not fanatic - we appreciate other teams and especially their good performance, skills or fighting spirit.
    (I have a little bit different view of volleyball because I play it every week with my friends and I can understand much more details not obvious for standard fan ! )

• I disagree - there're a lot of real volleyball fans. We just love volleyball ! Why ? It's partly combined with present show and history.
    I remember time when Polish football was on highest world level and the same time we were volleyball's world champion, Olympic gold medalist and five times european vice- champions ! Fans were with our team in weak time (1985-95). Look what is happening in Polish league competition or European Cups ? A lot of fans - they're supporting not only Skra but also much weaker teams or women clubs. Are you able to gather many times in European Cup's match 5-10.000 supporters outside
    Poland ?
    Polish volleyball fans are rather very polite and nice. We prefer to come with bigger goups or families because we like it. Polish volleyball fans are not fanatic - we appreciate other teams and especially their good performance, skills or fighting spirit.
    (I have a little bit different view of volleyball because I play it every week with my friends and I can understand much more details not obvious for standard fan ! )

Do you remember Małyszomania? And remember skijumping before Małysz? I remember this 2 things. The same you could say about this fans also called the best fans of skijumping in the world . And they were a fan of succes not skijumping.

• Do you remember Małyszomania? And remember skijumping before Małysz? I remember this 2 things. The same you could say about this fans also called the best fans of skijumping in the world . And they were a fan of succes not skijumping.

I should say - those additional people who came to see Małysz were mostly not ski-jumping fans or even not sport fans.
    They were much coser to pop music fans !

• You guys really think Kurek was the best polish player last night? I don't. I see a lot of people downplaying Jarosz, and I know he's nothing much, but I think, regardless of his technical limitations, he kept fighting all the time, and trying to give his best to the team. Kurek, I know he's very young, but he's supposed to be the best player of the team. And how ridiculous were his serves? He kept missing, and missing, and missing, and never once he tried to change his approach. To me, he entered the court defeated already, and the team was counting on him a lot. He scored points cause he's naturally talented, but there was no fighting spirit on his part. I also didn't understand why Anastasi changed Mozdzonek for Kosok.

Anyway, guys. The truth, as I see is: I'm not sure if Poland played as well as people thought in the preliminary rounds. I haven't watched their matches vs USA, which were probably their best ones. However, we know that sometimes USA can be an unstable team (heck, they had trouble against Puerto Rico!). Against Puerto Rico, I really don't think you should try to make a measure out of it. Beating Puerto Rico means nothing, to make a parameter against the top teams of the League. At last, against Brazil, I can say I watched the matches and, IMO, it's not that Poland played well (at least in the brazilian matches): Brazil's the one who played poorly. We talked about that then: if Poland had stepped their game then, they could've taken 2 victories. Wouldn't be that difficult. So, I think, maybe an illusion was created. Poland's poor play in the final round it's not that big news when you consider how they were playing before. That's just my opinion.

• The funny thing is both Bulgaria and Poland still have chances of progressing to the 1/2 finals. Argentina will probably rotate their squad and Bulgaria almost never had problems beating Italy in recent years, today might be a different story, though.

I have to say that I'm really glad that it's all up to us, that - at least for now - we don't have to look to the other match result. We will get what we will show to deserve: if we will lose with Bulgaria, we won't get the semifinal; if we will win, we will be in top4. It's fair.

May be Argentina will be less motivated, but I think they will try to play for the victory. There's the possibility that they won't be sure of the first place when they will play this evening, and I imagine that expecially in that case they will try to get it. I mean, Argentina has never been in top4 of WL, I think these smart guys want to show their values every time they have the chance to.

Do you think that Russia and Brazil will play with first squad? :?:

• USA can be an unstable team (heck, they had trouble against Puerto Rico!).

Puerto Rico plays always well against USA. It is something more than just a simple match for this team.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• just wow.
    i was kinda hoping the whole hall would boo them after that performance. disgusting just disgusting.

i'm happy i won't be able to watch tomorrow's match cus i can sense even bigger embarrassment than today.

sadly we are not fully prepared for this tournament which is a shame cus i didn't expect Anastasi to prepare this team so badly and that's a little bit of let down. we were playing so well until our win with USA from than on we were/are crap as hell. our service is a joke , well no we don;t have a service at all everything goes into the net or out it's ridiculous.

Like PZPS- Your Culpa Anastasi only Your. Lozano, Castellani now Anastazi. Everyone bad prepared Our Super, Mega, Giga, Hiper Team. The Truth is only one- polish Players are weak. The Silver of the WCH and the Gold of the ECH was only accident.

• The Silver of the WCH and the Gold of the ECH was only accident.

No, it weren't accidents. Our teams were just better that time.

The most important 3:

• I'm thinking yes. Volkov gave an interview to brazilian TV saying the russians want to take a rest. Bernardo also will probably rotate the guys a few. He'll probably give a chance to Dante and maybe (oh, damn!) even Vissoto.

Puerto Rico plays always well against USA. It is something more than just a simple match for this team.

I know they have a history, but, anyway... I think that says something about USA's attitude, which is different than other teams. Remember how USA struggled last year against Cameroon? Wouldn't normally happen, but USA can't keep their minds super focused in some less important matches. Doesn't mean they won't crush you, if they're able to, when it really counts.

• No, it weren't accidents. Our teams were just better that time.

Not to say that it wasn't, because I think that Poland was better, indeed... but I say this with all due respect: I really don't think that means much. That tournament had a horrible, horrible technical level, regardless of being the european championship. What are we gonna say? Yes, the championship was important, very big deal, but the teams weren't up to par. So, at the end of the day, I think that also won't prevent poor results from happening, against better prepared teams.

• I will pray for our guys today. I want only them keep fighting. To rebuild. Like a phoenix from the ashes.

Yeah, but his words "Koncz Gasparini" are like history :)

Best of Magiera for me is when last year in World League during the match Serbia - Italy he called Sasa Starović "baby face killer" :D

The Truth is only one- polish Players are weak. The Silver of the WCH and the Gold of the ECH was only accident.

Now you are saying that because you are probably angry after match with Italy. You can't generalize all of our players. Some of them are weak but I still believe most of them are fantastic, natural talents, born to play volleyball. Besides in World Championships 2006 other players played. Strong and legendary seven for me with really good disposition bench-players. Our guys played like team-family. They all made us - Poles - the happiest people in the world. Our people behaved like it was a gold medal not a silver one! Beautiful times. Zagumny, Winiarski, Świderski, Wlazły, Kadziewicz, Pliński, Gacek with big support from Gruszka and Bąkiewicz.

• Not to say that it wasn't, because I think that Poland was better, indeed... but I say this with all due respect: I really don't think that means much. That tournament had a horrible, horrible technical level, regardless of being the european championship. What are we gonna say? Yes, the championship was important, very big deal, but the teams weren't up to par. So, at the end of the day, I think that also won't prevent poor results from happening, against better prepared teams.

You think so? Go back to last championships. Like in a circus on wheels.

• Uuu, USA-Cuba - great match for anything 8)
    I really like Paul Lotman, I can't wait to see him in Asseco Resovia, he show today maybe the best side of his skills. :rolll: :cheesy:

• Now you are saying that because you are probably angry after match with Italy.

No. He is saying that, cause he used to criticize Polish players and seldom writes something nice about them. You know, people are different :whistling:

The most important 3:

• No. He is saying that, cause he used to criticize Polish players and seldom writes something nice about them. You know, people are different :whistling:

That's too bad.

• Oh come one guys, we all know that Wanio is the best polish commentator :obey: :rolll:
    About Poland...well...I just think we're too weak right now. We lack of our best players, we're awfully inconsistent and we have a serious mental problem...personally I think this is our biggest problem. I just can't stand it. I agree with yates about Kurek. This is not a secret that this guy is our mental leader...well not only mental...he's our leader in general. When he plays well, whole team play well, when he sucks, we all suck. Yesterday he showed no fighting spirit at all, and then we all acted like a losers again!
    (btw, kończ Gasparini was awesome :D )