World League 2011

• WL 2011 Final will be organized by Poland. Now it's official.

And here we have groups of WL 2011:

Group A: Brazil, Poland, USA, Puerto Rico
    Group B: Russia, Bulgaria, Germany, Japan
    Group C: Serbia, Argentina, Finland, Egypt
    Group D: Cuba, Italy, France, South Korea

We are going to play Brazil again. Maybe we beat them at last in some important match :lol: Our group is interesting, but too bad we don't have to play any European team. In previous years we had many unbalanced groups. This time I think they are quite similar, if we are talking about teams quality. Maybe group C is a little bit weaker...

Next year Poland can't give up WL - we need points after really bad WCh in Italy. :teach:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• is japan included in wl2011?..i thought they didnt qualify because they lost to korea in the qualification round...anyone? ?(

• Probably Germany will move to Group A and USA to B. Eight Teams in Finals. Host, 4 Winners Group and this 3 Teams how will get Tickets to Finals?

• Japan got in because because they were the best Asian team at the World Championships for Men. Iran, China and Australia all were out after the first round. This my opinion but that is probably the reasoning.

I beg to differ on the group stage, three matches for each group is more exciting than the two that we had previously. Plus with the 3,2,1 points system it is more exciting. There is really no difference in the time needed for the tournament. 3 days group (3 days old way), 2 days semis and finals. Maybe a break between semis and last group game.

Other 3 teams would be based on 2nd place by points won (3,2,1), then pts ratio.

• brahmin, can you explain me why an Asian team will go through as the Netherlands is a clear European team ? I mean, come on, we all know why the Japanese f***ers are in.

Anyway, I have no comment about Group C, total garbage ...

• poor Bulgaria it seems they always get the most difficult pool and this time it's not different. Russia Germany and even Japan(at home) are all very dangerous teams.

anyway it's good we have tought opponents in group phase, we will be well prepared for final round(hope so) but too bad our guys will have to travel such a long distance .

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• "brahmin, can you explain me why an Asian team will go through as the Netherlands is a clear European team ? I mean, come on, we all know why the Japanese f***ers are in."

Numbers for one, 9 teams from Europe vs. 7 from rest of World (excluding Japan addition)

China lost to Puerto Rico in 2nd round of eliminations, meaning that they were relegated and Japan was best placed promotable team.

FIVB had the following rankings for the qualifications of 2011 World League (my ranking system in parenthesis) on July 27, 2010

China 10th (16) eliminated round 2
    Japan 12th (14) eliminated round 2
    Portugal 42nd (26) eliminated round 1
    Puerto Rico 17th (25)
    South Korea 16th (17)
    Tunisia 22nd (33) eliminated round 1

FIVB has good relations with Japanese Volleyball Association as well.

• I'm almost sure that the FIVB bribed the Netherlands to withdraw so that Japan can go through, cause otherwise they can't. Anyway, Japan are doomed to qualifying matches, as they will be facing such again next year.

• Japan could win a match against Germany, but not much else in my opinion, so yeah back to the qualifiers. Can't see South Korea doing much either. Exchange China for either Japan or South Korea, it is the same in my opinion.

USA basically has to beat Poland in all 4 of their matches to go to finals and against Puerto Rico too.

Argentina, Finland and Egypt will be in a huge fight for second in Group C.

• I don't know how they make that draw, but they need to make it more proper. On one hand we have 3 very good teams in 1 group - Brazil, Poland and USA, and on the other we have Argentina, Finland and Egypt. And the 3rd team in Group A will be stronger than the 2nd from this one. It's terrible, their whole system is terrible. In fact, Poland will qualify as hosts, so Brazil and USA will probably go through. And if we add Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Cuba and Italy, we have the teams :)

• poor Bulgaria it seems they always get the most difficult pool and this time it's not different. Russia Germany and even Japan(at home) are all very dangerous teams.

anyway it's good we have tought opponents in group phase, we will be well prepared for final round(hope so) but too bad our guys will have to travel such a long distance .

I don't see problems here to get the second place, which will qualify us? Why POOR, then :what:

• I'm almost sure that the FIVB bribed the Netherlands to withdraw so that Japan can go through, cause otherwise they can't. Anyway, Japan are doomed to qualifying matches, as they will be facing such again next year.

We were not brided, we didn't have the money to subscribe, nor the will apparently.

• Just the fact that there is an option to replace/move teams from one group to another right after the draw should make you all aware how inefficient and funny FIVB has become! The move was possible between Germany and USA, because group A has only Poland from Europe, whereas Bulgaria, Russia and Germany were drawn together in another one. Why don't they make as FIFA's draws before football WCHs - max 2 European teams in a group? The same thing should've happened in the WCH 2010 as well :thumbdown: I don't think FIVB will ever conduct a proper draw, I think the problem is that their way of thinking is just wrong! The return of Japan in WL 2011 is not even worth commenting :thumbdown:

• I thought you could get more income than expenses by playing in the WL.

So did I....

• According to the press of Brazil, Cuba NT will play all the games in World League out of Cuba. Coliseo de La Ciudad Deportiva will be closed for renovation.

• Egypt have been replaced by Portugal for the 2011 FIVB Volleyball World League after political unrest in the country forced the team to withdraw.

The African country was due to compete in Pool C alongside Serbia, Argentina and Finland but they have now been replaced by Portugal, who will be taking part in their eighth World League.

Egypt finished 14th at the last edition of the tournament, recording just two wins over Finland, one at home and one away.

Portugal’s best finish in the World League came in 2005 when they finished fifth, and it was the only time they have reached the final round, on that occasion taking place in Belgrade, Serbia. On their last outing in 2006 they ranked 13th but since then have not competed.
    FIVB