World League 2011

• Kind of sad to see, but I can understand how trying to get this organized within 3 months is probably not the easiest thing to do in Egypt right now. Hopefully they can play in the African Championships this fall.

• Cameroon would be a good choise. They played good in WCh and we would have a African team.

Portugal has a good team and will fight with Argentina and Finland to be in the final 8.

• Cameroon would be a good choise. They played good in WCh and we would have a African team.

That would have been a better choice, but unfortunately, TV coverage and Halls are more important than anything else in WL.

Portugal has a good team and will fight with Argentina and Finland to be in the final 8.

Why not Czech?

They would do better job, IMO, but this team somehow disappear... :sleeping:

• Why not Czech?

They would do better job, IMO, but this team somehow disappear... :sleeping:

Czech will not play European League. So, i guess they have no interresting in WL.

At the same time, like Portugal will not play European League anymore maybe Czech will replace them.

• Czech will not play European League. So, i guess they have no interresting in WL.

At the same time, like Portugal will not play European League anymore maybe Czech will replace them.

I personally find the fact that Czech is not playing neither EL nor WL very mysterious :?:
    Don't know what happened to them, I doubt they are not interested in participating and in the same time are host of the ECH???
    Maybe it is a financial decision, perhaps the budget for the ECH is too high and no fund left for the EL...:|

Too bad there are not many Czech users to enlightened us...

• I personally find the fact that Czech is not playing neither EL nor WL very mysterious :?:
    Don't know what happened to them, I doubt they are not interested in participating and in the same time are host of the ECH???
    Maybe it is a financial decision, perhaps the budget for the ECH is too high and no fund left for the EL...:|

Too bad there are not many Czech users to enlightened us...

I forgot that they will be the host of ECH. I think you are right. It should be financial decision. It's hard to understand what happended with them. They have good players and a good NT. But they rarely participate in world competitions.

Even female NT will play in European League. But male NT that will be the host of ECH will not. They would have more chance to know where they need to improve if they played EL or WL.

They would have been the best choice to WL.

• That would have been a better choice, but unfortunately, TV coverage and Halls are more important than anything else in WL.

I think it is also one of the main reasons why Czechs don't participate in WL.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• What's a pity... I think Czech would be better team if they play in WL. More experience, more appreciated in the world...

• Polish National Team for the World League [25 players]

Setters: Fabian Drzyzga (Tytan AZS Częstochowa), Grzegorz Łomacz (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Paweł Woicki (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Łukasz Żygadło (Trentino BetClic)

Opposites: Marcel Gromadowski (Indykpol AZS UWM Olsztyn), Bartosz Janeczek (Tytan AZS Częstochowa), Jakub Jarosz (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Piotr Gruszka

Middle Blockers: Patryk Czarnowski (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Karol Kłos (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Grzegorz Kosok (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Marcin Możdżonek (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Piotr Nowakowski (Tytan AZS Częstochowa), Piotr Hain (Indykpol AZS UWM Olsztyn), Łukasz Wiśniewski (Tytan AZS Częstochowa).

Receivers: Michał Bąkiewicz (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Zbigniew Bartman (AZS Politechnika Warszawska), Michał Kubiak (AZS Politechnika Warszawska), Bartosz Kurek (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Mateusz Mika (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Michał Ruciak (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Wojciech Ferens (Indykpol AZS UWM Olsztyn)

Liberos: Krzysztof Ignaczak (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Paweł Zatorski (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Damian Wojtaszek (AZS Politechnika Warszawska).

• There are some new faces in Polish team. But the main reason is couple of our stars will miss WL: Wlazły, Winiarski, Zagumny, Pliński. I hope these players are able to play good matches, cause we need wins and ranking points after the disaster in WCh. WL Final will be in Poland this year, so we don't have to play for qualification. On the other hand, I don't want to see Poland loosing many matches in the group stage as it was in two previous years. I believe our players won't let me down this time. It will be also first serious test for Anastasi as a main coach.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Here's the Russian team

Setters:
    Grankin Sergey (Dinamo Mosca)
    Sergey Makarov (Iskra Odintsovo)
    Butko Alexander (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk)
    Kobzar Igor (Gazprom-Ugra)

Opposites:
    Ilinykh Dmitriy (Lokomotiv Belgorod)
    Kruglov Pavel (Dinamo Mosca)
    Maxim Mikhaylov (Zenit Kazan)
    Nikolai Pavlov (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk)
    Poltavskiy Semen (Yaroslavich Yaroslavl)

Middle Blockers:
    Abrosimov Aleksandr (Zenit Kazan)
    Apalikov Nikolay (Zenit Kazan)
    Muserskiy Dmitriy (Lokomotiv Belgorod)
    Shcherbinin Dmitriy (Dinamo Mosca)
    Volkov Alexander (Cuneo)
    Gutsalyuk Alexander (Gazprom-Ugra)

OHs
    Berezhko Yury (Modena)
    Biryukov Denis (Gazprom-Ugra)
    Khtey Taras (Lokomotiv Belgorod)
    Krasikov Dmitry (Fakel Novy Urengoy)
    Leonenko Nikolay (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk)
    Panteleymonenko Maxim (Zenit Kazan)
    Spiridonov Alexey (Iskra Odintsovo)

Liberos:
    Komarov Valery (Lokomotiv Novosibirsk)
    Sokolov Alexander (Fakel Novy Urengoy)
    Stepanyan Khachatur (Dinamo Mosca)

from volleyball.it

I dunno why Ilinykh is listed as an opposite. He is an OH, isn't he?

• German National Team for the World League [25 players]

Setters:

Simon Tischer - Ankara (Turkey)
    Patrick Steuerwald - Perugia (Italy)
    Merten Krüger - Evivo
    Lukas Kampa - Bottrop
    Sebastian Kühner - Mitteldeutschland

Opposites:

Jochen Schöps - Odincowo (Russia)
    Georg Grozer - Rzeszów (Poland)
    Falko Steinke - Rottenburg

Receivers:

Björn Andrae - Kemerowo (Russia)
    Robert Kromm - Ufa (Russia)
    Sebastian Schwarz - Perugia (Italy)
    Marcus Popp - Piacenza (Italy)
    Christian Fromm - Friedrichshafen
    Denis Kaliberda - Generali
    Christian Dünnes - Generali

Middle Blockers:

Marcus Böhme - Friedrichshafen
    Lukas Bauer - Friedrichshafen
    Max Günthör - Generali
    Stefan Hübner - Evivo
    Merten Krüger - Evivo
    Tim Broshog - Moerser
    Ricardo Galandi - SCC

Liberos:

Markus Steuerwald - Paris Volley (France)
    Ferdinand Tille - Generali
    Fabian Kohl - Evivo

• Kubiak :obey: :thumbup:
    Drzyzga :thumbup:
    Mika :thumbup:
    Kosok :thumbup:
    Janeczek :thumbup:
    Hain :thumbup:
    I really hope these players will get a lot of chances during World League. They're all really young, talented and pretty impressive so I'm really glad that they're in the squad. Obviously it is very noticeable that we lack such stars like Zagumny, Wlazły, Pliński or Winiarski, but honestly I'm kinda getting used to such situation on World League, especially if it comes to Wlazły. But whatever...I hope after World League there won't be any excuses and all valuable players will be able to play.
    Oh btw........Kadziewicz ;( Have he announced the end of carrer? I haven't heard anything of this...oh what a poor fan I am.

• French NT:

Setters:
    Yannick Bazin, 28 sélections (Galatasaray/Tur)
    Pierre Pujol, 151 sél (Trevise/ Ita)
    Toafa Takaniko, 16 (Cannes)
    Benjamin Toniutti, 26 (Sète).

Liberos :
    Jean-François Exiga, 88 (Monza/Ita)
    Jenia Grebennikov, 0 (Rennes)
    Edouard Rowlandson, 52 (Sète).

Middle Blockers :
    Horacio D'Almedia, 0 (Tours)
    Gary Gendrey, 1 (Tourcoing)
    Gérald Hardy-Dessources, 92 (Cannes)
    Franck Laffite, 0 (Montpellier)
    Jean-Philippe Sol, 48 (Poitiers)
    Romain Vadeleux, 93 (Macerata/Ita)
    Marc Zopie, 0 (Poitiers).

Outside Hitters :
    Ludovic Castard, 91 (Fart Kielce / Pol)
    Baptiste Geiler, 25 (Sète)
    Xavier Kapfer, 40 (Fart Kielce / Pol)
    Julien Lyneel, 0 (Montpellier)
    Guillaume Quesque, 0 (Montpellier)
    Nicolas Maréchal, 54 (Poitiers)
    Guillaume Samica, 169 (Odintsovo/ Rus)
    Samuele Tuia, 33 (Olsztyn/Pol).

Opposites :
    Antonin Rouzier, 90 (Poitiers)
    Marien Moreau, 41 (Cannes)
    Mory Sidibe, 0 (Noliko Maaseik/Bel).

The main surprise is without any doubt Kévin Le Roux not being called. Le Roux is most probably paying the fact that he supported a bit too much Earvin Ngapeth during the World Championship.
    Of course Henno and Kieffer who retired from NT are not called, and Antiga not being in the list is probably an indication that he's going to retire as well. (anyway with what Antiga showed with Belchatow this season, he's far from NT level).
    An other surprise is Moreau and Bazin being in the list. Blain fired Moreau just before 2009 European Championship and Bazin during 2010 WL. I wonder what he did to convince them to be back in the team after treating them like shit.
    And the last surprise is Kapfer being back in the team. I think that Kapfer did not play for France since 2007. Anyway that's a reward for his good season in Poland !

Of course Earvin Ngapeth is not in the lis since he got suspended by the federation.

• Pierre Pujol is in the list. Armel, can he play 100%???? If i were ther coch of French NT i would try to talk with Ngapeth and invite him again to NT. He is the best player of his generation and can't be out.