World Cup 2011

• the only reasonable explanation for the delay is that someone made some counter bid for wild card and FIVB took time to decide whos money to take, Turkey has a lot more financial power than Poland so i guess we will lose or already lost to them.

• My moneys that i spent for match tickets will finally work :rolll: Well i was joking,hope the decision will be given in a fair way but there is one thing that we can be sure is Lobbies,Relations,Benefits,Moneys talks much more than other things.It's not the first time and it won't be the last :whistle:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Also in www.gazzetta.dal15al25.it the journalist said that Italy got a wild card!!! :dance6:

Usually they don't give for sure a news that isn't sure...

I'd be so glad!! 8o

I hope the girls will take the chance to "erease" from our memory their last two horrible games at the ECh :dance6:

Still nothing on FIVB website, btw...

• Well, in the article in volleyball.it http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?s=118&n=35019&l=0 they just say that "rumors from Japon said Italy got the wild card", but in the article Loca ( I think) posted from Gazzetta, there's written that Barbolini, inteviewed in Skysport24, said he didn't take for garanteed we would have got a wild card, so it has to be truth, I hope! 8o

• it seems that i made my good choice to go to bed instead of re-freshing the homepage of FIVB and searching for any possible information.

when i woke up, i found FIVB had not released any official news about the wildcards...

I think FIVB and JVA sent their wildcards already but yet received any confirmation by the other side, they will accept it or not. as someone said earlier yesterday, some NT may choose to refuse the invitation....but i will insist my point that the wildcards are too limited for too many teams are eager to hold it...fighting and wars between federations are always predictable...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• i just realized that USA doesnt have a professional league and they're NT are NCAA standouts but still they can compete a high level

• "Lausanne, Switzerland, October 5, 2011 – The wild cards for the FIVB World Cup 2011 have been announced with Poland and Russia receiving a wild card to the men’s competition and Italy and Argentina for the women’s tournament."

So some of the rumors came true.

• Italy finally get the wild card,great! I hope they can play better in WC.

• Italy finally get the wild card,great! I hope they can play better in WC.

I agree with Rachel, it's not easy to stay at top form or consecutive tournament. Many people think Serbia and China, winner in EU and Asia to claim third place. I think the opposite, those didn't play top form at continental, they were given a chance to adjust and do better at WC.

Italy is defending champion, they deserve a wold card. I didnt see Argentina play, not able to comment.

• Congratulations :win: Hope Italy can make their best in World Cup :super: I heared that Turkey had a very little chance for WC coz they are the host of European OGQT so it would effect the tournament in may if Turkey got a ticket earlier for OG :teach:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• the same as what i presumed couple of days ago...and i am happy to see FIVB made their right decisions

Italy - WC defending champion - the only european team deserves the wild card the most...even Turkey could keep calm to accept this decision, although the latter's performance was a bit better than Italy.

Argentina - the 5th continental vice champion - this is a wise choice and it will benefit more than one side. keep the full south america vacancy, and make sure the balance of the involvement in all continents. this is so called fair and reasonable. Both JVA and FIVB have no objection to this decision, i am sure.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• so Italy got once again wild card for World Cup :lol:

I do hope both European teams Italy and Serbia will be able to qualified through WC !
    (I wish the best for Germany too but I don't believe they can play on high standard so many games in two weeks)

• Go Italy!!! I'm happy

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• So Poland has only one chance to get to the Olympic Games- from Turkey.
    Russia, Serbia, Italy, Germany, Turkey and Poland from the Ranking.
    Even if Italy and Serbia will qualify from the World Cup and Russia will win in Turkey only two Teams from Europe have chance to play in World Tournament in Japan- Germany and Turkey.
    The Script which I wrote is the most optimist.
    I think only one Team will qualify from the WC and Russia won't win in Turkey.

• no offending, but I'm extremely glad not to see Poland right there. because they don't deserve to get the wildcard. actually Poland always get a wildcard from FIVB for WorldGrandPrix...so fair enough.
    I'd love to see Polish NT with Werblinska,Glinka,Kaczor,Skorupa etc...their roster for WGP 2011 and ECH definetely is not enough to qualify for the olympic games, esepcailly their OHs :what: totally week especially Kaczorowska.

so I think Poland needs to make a better for qualifying the olympic games.

S - Radecka and Skorupa (I really adore Asia Wolosz,but right now Poland needs a better one...IMO,Skorupa is the best setter Poland has)
    OH - Werblinska(with no doubt),Glinka,Kosek,Kasprzak (No kaczorowska please :wacko: )
    OPP - Skowronska,Podolec,Kaczor
    MB - Okuniewska,Bednarek,Gajgal
    Libero - Maj and Zenik (or Sawicka can be a candidate If she wants to play in NT)

• Have Serbia already qualified to OG ,because of winning the ECH or will it be clear at World Cup?

If So, Brazil,Usa,Serbia,China directly qualified to OG.Then, if three of these already qualified teams take the top three places at World cup, what will happen? Instead of them, the teams in place of 4th,5th and 6th will go to OG?

• Have Serbia already qualified to OG ,because of winning the ECH winner or will it be clear at World Cup?

If So, Brazil,Usa,Serbia,China directly qualified to OG.Then, if three of these already qualified teams take the top three places at World cup, what will happen? Instead of them, the teams in place of 4th,5th and 6th will go to OG?

No. no one qualified to OG yet. it will be clear at World Cup. :thumbup: