World Cup 2011

• Hasn't jung dae young stopped playing for the NT a long time now? Yang hyo jin is young and a good blocker. She should be on the team too, as should bae yoo na, i believe.
    Anyhow, i think it's pathetic for korea to give up this early.

• Beier is weak in attack, I agree. but She improved a lot with it and played quite well in WGP 2011. What about Matthes? I don't want to see her in the NT, but Guidetti always calls her lets her play on the court :thumbdown: If He needs a receiver, Beier should be on the list, not Matthes. Just look at what she did in ECH.
    Guidetti thinks She is a stable receiver, but sadly She's not. She is so weak at both attack and reception. I have nothing against her personally,but as a fan of German NT, watching her performance is...like :thumbdown:

With Grün back, we don't need Beier as main player, but she'd certainly be a better substitute than Matthes. Germany isn't exactly blessed with hundreds of great OHs so we can't afford losing Beier...

• With Grün back, we don't need Beier as main player, but she'd certainly be a better substitute than Matthes. Germany isn't exactly blessed with hundreds of great OHs so we can't afford losing Beier...

I agree with you. I really would like Germany to achieve their wish to go to London,but I don't want to imagine Matthes playing in the olympic games. honestly I haven't seen any match she played very very well.

• Unsurprisingly, Ana Lazarevic and Ana Bjelica were in contention for the last spot on the Serbian team and it was Bjelica who got the nod this team.

So, new names compared to the ECh are Veljkovic, Zivkovic and Bjelica.

• A friend of mine just remind me last WC in Italy wasn't able to see streamed by Laola!

Usually Laola is blocked in countries, where there are tv stations who bought tv rights for the tournament.

On the live tv schedule on http://www.laola.tv it looks like they only broadcast the matches starting at 10.20 CET.

Friday 04.11: Italy-Japan
    Saturday 05.11: Brazil-Kenya
    Sunday 06.11: USA-Korea
    Monday 07.11: Germany-Serbia

There are no further matches announced yet.

• Unsurprisingly, Ana Lazarevic and Ana Bjelica were in contention for the last spot on the Serbian team and it was Bjelica who got the nod this team.

So, new names compared to the ECh are Veljkovic, Zivkovic and Bjelica.

Bjelica is a great potential, it will be fun watching her. I haven't seen Lazarevic that much,but I heard that she's quite good. Serbia has a lot of young talents...good for them :thumbup:

• How about Dominican Republic, USA, Algeria and Argentina rosters?

Dominican Republic 2011 World Cup Roster

Setters:
    Karla Echenique
    Niverka Marte

Opposites:
    Jeoselyna Rodriguez
    Prisilla Rivera

Outside Hitters:
    Milagros Cabral
    Bethania de la Cruz
    Dahiana Burgos
    Brayelin Martinez

Middle-Blockers:
    Lisvel Eve
    Cindy Rondon

Liberos:
    Brenda Castillo
    Ana Binet

Both Sidarka Nuñez and Annerys Vargas are injured.

• reasonable aspect - both de la cruz and rivera could play opposite position to replace nunez's attack...Rodriguez is still weak and needs improving her skills a bit.

unexpecting aspect - marcos would rather have 15 year old martinez in than one more middle blocker, like arias or fersola...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• So on internet only Laola will broadcast the matches of the WC?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• oscarvb, thanks :flower:

reasonable aspect - both de la cruz and rivera could play opposite position to replace nunez's attack...Rodriguez is still weak and needs improving her skills a bit.

Burgos also can be OPP, she played at this position in PanAmerican Games

unexpecting aspect - marcos would rather have 15 year old martinez in than one more middle blocker, like arias or fersola...

I aslo don't understand why Kwiek takes only two MB's, if Martinez can't play as MB. I would take Arias instead of Binet. Except this, I like this roster :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Ortolani is injured, Italy is without a pure opposite

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Berg upload a interesting picture today in her twitter, can know some of the players that are in Japan.....Dani Scott, Haneef-Park and Metcalf there, so I believe Hooker indeed not there!

http://yfrog.com/odt6xtdj

Can't believe that Dani Scott is selected again :thumbsup:

• Berg upload a interesting picture today in her twitter, can know some of the players that are in Japan.....Dani Scott, Haneef-Park and Metcalf there, so I believe Hooker indeed not there!

http://yfrog.com/odt6xtdj

I love Berg's tweet :lol:

• thats bad ;( is it serious ? I guees they will play with Gioli as Opp

Noooo Gioli OP will be a suicide! Costagrande will play as opposite in my opinion, like during the ECH

• Ortolani is injured, Italy is without a pure opposite

Such a terrible one :thumbdown: well,I think Caterina Bosetti has to play as OPP then or Barbollini should consider putting Costagrande as OPP. hopefully Caterina shows what she can do.

• Noooo Gioli OP will be a suicide! Costagrande will play as opposite in my opinion, like during the ECH

I hope so, Gioli is definitely better weapon as MB and Costagrande as Opp :)

• I hope so, Gioli is definitely better weapon as MB and Costagrande as Opp :)

Too bad to know Orto has injury.I don't think they will use Gioli to play as a Opp anymore.Maybe they can choose between Costagrande and Bosetti.