World Cup 2011

Germany coach Giovanni Guidetti: I’m very happy because it was a really difficult match. I think my team was behind in points all the time and it was not our best today. Our blocking was terrible and reception was not great.

Very accurate analysis of the match ;)
    It's interesting that Serbia played with a completely different team than in ECH, only Krsmanovic, Rasic and for 2 sets Molnar were the same as then, but still they manage to play great. Just look at Opposite: Djerisilo out, Brakocevic injured, Malagurski injured, so Bjelica has to play and does very well. I'm sure if Germany had to play without Grün, Kozuch and Brinker (which would be similar to Serbia playing without Nikolic, Brakocevic and Malagurski) we would not be competitive, but Serbia has sooo many great players :white:

• Piccinini said that her tiredness is due to a problem to the thyroid :(

• Congrats to Italy,Germany,Brazil and etc...

One thing I gotta say is Barbollini has no boldness. WC is a very tiring tournament, and Players should take take a break sometimes. Today, Italy's opponent was Argentina which was totally weaker, but He didn't let young players play that much. Arrighetti who got injuried last match was out,and so was Del core. However, Caterina Bosetti was the only young player who played today. I was just hoping that Sirressi could be on the court in stead of Croce (I'm not saying Croce is bad, but Barbollini should give a chance to Sirressi indeed...)

I hope something can change. Maybe Massimo will try to use young players against Kenya and Algeria...
    Seriously...Italy needs young blood, and Caterina is just wonderful. as everyone says, She is the future of Italian Volleyball, no doubt. Can't believe that She is only 17. She already plays like a veteran. Plus, She is so cute when she celebrates after making points :rose:
    Lucia is playing great as well. She's showing Height is not very important in volleyball match, and the most important thing is technic and how to play with the ball :thumbup:
    I love the way she enjoys Pallavolo !

Bravissime, Le Sorelle Bosetti :super:

• I'm getting tired of the way Guidetti is too way stubborn with his players.
    I know that Weiss has been playing as main setter and is more used to the team than Apitz, but unfortunately She isn't playing well this season. I really wished she would set more balls to Corina and Chris as much as she could...of course, Germany's reception was not very good,but still...It was a big pity.
    On the other hand, I really liked Apitz's performance. I still remember how she played in Dresden last season...She was just amazing,and I still think she can be playing better than Weiss, If We give her more time to get used to :whistle:

Hell of a Job, Germany and Serbia. Serbia are playing without their strongest weapons such as Nikolic,Brakocevic and Malagurski...even their Best setter is out of WCH. but I can't stop watching this young team. Especially, Antonijevic makes me impressed. She is no Ognjejnovic, but deserves to play as main setter.
    Rasic is just unbelieveable. She's a monster blocker and her quicks are so fast :white: If we count young talented MBs, We'd better never forget about her. She's going to be the best MB in Europe very soon, or she already is...

• MVP Caterina Bosetti!

Impressive. :obey: :obey: I missed the match unfortunally! This very very young girl never let me down, she played her first match as titoular in the seniores NT at her only 4th match in the NT and in such an important competition... And, if that wasn't enough yet, she won the MVP!! Great!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: And few months ago she was winning the junior WCh - and the MVP and Best spiker awards :white: And a bit more months ago, she was winning the PREjuniores silver at the ECh -and the MVP awards :white: I've no word :obey:

So nice, in her first time as a starting player in senior team, such a good performance...do you know if she gave as gift the award back to Lucia???

I wondered the same ehheheh :lol:

Seriously...Italy needs young blood, and Caterina is just wonderful. as everyone says, She is the future of Italian Volleyball, no doubt. Can't believe that She is only 17. She already plays like a veteran. Plus, She is so cute when she celebrates after making points
    Lucia is playing great as well. She's showing Height is not very important in volleyball match, and the most important thing is technic and how to play with the ball
    I love the way she enjoys Pallavolo !

Bravissime, Le Sorelle Bosetti

I was hoping for Signorile, and also Barcellini...

I agree 100% with your "analysis" of Sorelle Bosetti, I love them! :rose:

I'm honestly so glad that Picci decide not to come, if that means Lucia can finally play. I was mad with Barbolini during the ECh for not letting Lucia play and for keeping using Picci that underperformed.

And probably she wouldn't have played if Ortolani wasn't injury. I can't believe we need to wait having no players left to use her....

• I think Barbolini didnt use more youngers today for 2 reasons, well first, Argentina played a very good match against Italy in Grand Prix (it was 3x2 match) and really surprised them, so I guess Barbolini didnt want to give chances to bad luck.

second, since today they will play against a easy team in theory, he will have chance to chance even more the roster, but I guess would not be good also to let the players two days without playing, maybe that could afect their rithym....so I think today we will see much more bench girls.

Just ending, how sad this history with Picci. :( I hope she can get well soon. Playing her best she is one of the best OH in the World, and would help a lot Italy. FORZA FRANCY!!!!!!!!

• So nice, in her first time as a starting player in senior team, such a good performance...do you know if she gave as gift the award back to Lucia??? :lol:

No, I don't XD AHAH Good question asd

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Tomorrow vs Algeria... I think he will made some player's change

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Suming it up It seems that Brazilian era in volleyball comes to an end. Nothing really surprising, without Jaqueline that team is really weak, it seems that girls are not prepared to this tournament. Fantastic roster of USA -it is the team, which will win OG, Italy finally put some new energy to the team and it starts to bring results - C. Bosetti -I am not surprised at all, she was in starting six of Villa Cortese for nearly half of last season. Gruen finally came back where is her place, Germany needed good OH and now has strong player on each position. It would be wonderful if two teams from Europe will be in top 3, so go Germany! I was nearly sure that Serbia will make it, however without Nikolic and Brakocevic it is too little. However future belongs to USA, Serbia and Italy. And one more thing - Takeshita is the best setter on the globe without any discussion.

• What Piccinini said in her interview in sky Sport 24:

"The World Cup of volleyball? Certainly there was a misunderstanding, but the problem was that I was not feeling well physically, I was always tired and I did not understand why. Today Im 99% sure is the thyroid. So, I need to submit myself to treatment and hope to return to shine like before because now I'm a little below."

"I am quite well, but I could be better, even because right now there are my teammates who are playing the World Cup and I'm here dealing with my physical problems. I'm glad because it's going very well, but Im mostly sorry for my health."

"Some people talked about lack of stimulation, but it is not true, the stimulations are so many. My goal keep always being London, so I had to make this choice very difficult and very though. Before anything comes health, also because I could not have make my contribution to my teammates. Physically I'm not fine, I was very weak. Now that I found out why I can not wait to treat myself in the right way so I can return to the court."

"In this period I was doing nothing, resting, cause I cant do anything else, I made several analysis and I have come to the conclusion, I hope. Also because I have another problem but I do not want to anticipate. I waited because I am a very private person. There has been much talk, but I want to clarify that I did not say no to National Team for a lack of desire but simply because I am not well."

souce: volleyball.it

• Yes, today she say it. But she still play in Bergamo, not high level but she have alway played.

• Yes, today she say it. But she still play in Bergamo, not high level but she have alway played.

A thyroid problem dont make u uncapable of playing like an injury or something like that, but really makes you tired and slow, I know cause my sister has a problem and has to take pills now, before descovering she just couldnt handle it, was constant tired, couldnt stop sleaping, and was so weird cause she was always a girl that went to sleep late and everything and sudenly all changed...and for a while she was just tired all the time....so I cant imagine Picci situation, it is not easy, but luckly is a problem that is easy to solve with medicine...I hope the other problem she has is not to serious. :S

• Suming it up It seems that Brazilian era in volleyball comes to an end. Nothing really surprising, without Jaqueline that team is really weak, it seems that girls are not prepared to this tournament. Fantastic roster of USA -it is the team, which will win OG, Italy finally put some new energy to the team and it starts to bring results - C. Bosetti -I am not surprised at all, she was in starting six of Villa Cortese for nearly half of last season. Gruen finally came back where is her place, Germany needed good OH and now has strong player on each position. It would be wonderful if two teams from Europe will be in top 3, so go Germany! I was nearly sure that Serbia will make it, however without Nikolic and Brakocevic it is too little. However future belongs to USA, Serbia and Italy. And one more thing - Takeshita is the best setter on the globe without any discussion.

i don't think brazilian volleyball era is coming to an end (just yet). they have a LOT of problems right now, true, but it was the same for them last 2007 (though admittedly without all these injuries) and then suddenly at 2008 they were invincible. don't count them out yet. ;)

also, there's still russia. with sokolova (to stabilize reception) and kosheleva's return, there's another contention for the olympic gold. even though i'm a brazilian fan, i would be so delighted to see the olympic gold medal finally hanging on sokolova's neck... she deserves it. :rose:

about usa. one player who i think makes the difference for them is lindsey berg. for me she's the best player in the usa roster right now. hooker, logan, and akinradewo can be all over the place. but without berg, they are more vulnerable. but yeah, usa is arguably the strongest team right now (i have to give credit to McCutcheon for this...) :drink:

• i don't think brazilian volleyball era is coming to an end (just yet). they have a LOT of problems right now, true, but it was the same for them last 2007 (though admittedly without all these injuries) and then suddenly at 2008 they were invincible. don't count them out yet. ;)

Yeah, come on, how hasty is to claim that?

Anyway, so Brazil x Serbia started. Fabíola instead of Dani.

But Terzic ignored Brazil's problems and kinda threw the towel. Rasic's not there. :( I wanted to see her against Brazil.

• braz vs serbia.

fabiola is the starting setter. seems like guimares lost faith in dani lins huh?

either mari is having a hard time killing balls.. or serbia is really defending against her very well...

• serbia gets 1st set.

once again, sheilla looks as if she's there only to watch.
    mari... no comment
    paula is playing well today, though

great defense from serbia though.

• serbia gets set 2. unless brazil get their act together in set 3, they can say goodbye to the world cup now. i guess they are really quite tired and unprepared for this tournament.