World Cup 2011

• Obviously, though, Lo Bianco swallowed the whole brazilian team. Having someone like her makes the whole difference.

Oh yes, I totaly agree with you...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Congratulations to Italy! It was great to see them play high level volleyball, because not many teams have been showing that throughout the tournament. Very low unforced errors and great defending at the net and backrow. Italian receivers are great and that was a huge advantage. Lo Bianco was deserving of the MIP and she's so good that you don't even realize it throughout the match because the offense flows so smoothly. Great all around team effort.

Brazil on the other hand needs a huge wake up call. I don't know what else Ze Roberto needs to see to realize that Mari isn't mentally prepared to play at this tournament. She hasn't contributed in a positive way either technically nor to the emotional morale of the team. She's invisible on the court and drains energy. There is no emotion or fire in the Brazilian play, they're jumping around and cheering but it seems very manufactured and contrived. With their remaining schedule it may be best to just let Fe Garay completely rehabilitate and let Sassa go through the rest of the tournament, considering Brazil has a very easy 4th round and should be able to easily defeat those teams.

• Actually, if they can keep this rhythm up, I think they can beat both Germany and USA and regain this title.

Regaining the title would be amazing! :cup: But I'd rather prefer winning an Olympic medal next year instead... :D
    Anyway Congrats girls! After this match I think Valentina Arrighetti can be considered with no doubts a World Class Middle Bocker.
    I can't imagine what this team can do once Piccinini and Cardullo will be back in their best shape..

• Brinker has scored only 9p so far and DR is still leading in the set score of 2-1....

Germany will lose at least one tournament point...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Bethania De La Cruz with 42 points!

• Bethania de la cruz 3 - germany 2 , lol

anyway, dl cruz is a great athletic player ! but it would be great if another player could help her a little bit. on the other side, germans were sleeping the whole match, i didnt think they played good, they were bad. this defeat is actually very surprising, with a win they could have advantages for the ranking !

• Dominicans won! 42 points of De La Cruz, what to say? Amazing performance. In the last points, she was hitting as hard as if she was doing warmups. And she's superb at blocking. I think she has a shot at winning best blocker prize at the end of the competition.

And Germany entered with a bad spirit, I think. Didn't watch the beginning of the match, but after winning relatively easy in the 4th set, they really were not very agressive in the tie-break. And now things get open, again. I think Brazil and Japan can be ruled out. Probably whoever wins the next match, between Serbia and China will be still a contender for one of the olympic spots, and will be very thrilled with this result.

• The MVP goes to Bethania de la Cruz, but one key player in this game was Brenda Castillo, the libero made some amazing saves, almost impossible to accomplish.
    In fact, she provided a lot of energy to the game.
    Germany lost a great opportunity to increase their chances to get one of the tickets to London 2012.
    Very dissapointing for Guidetti and his players.

• The unexpected sometimes happens...
    I did not expect ITA defeating BRA 3-0 (though I had noticed before-as everyone did- BRA was far from their best shape).
    Even more unexpected Guidetti's team throwing away at least 50% of their hopes for OG qualification. Lack of concentration or slowly fading after a superb start up ?

All of a sudden, CHI-SRB has become a match of outmost importance for the 3rd ticket to London...
    My best wishes to China, for I'm afraid of SRB NT, ... a voice inside me says tomorrow ITA may have to face a much tougher opponent than it proved to be today's Brasil..
    :wavy:

• Wow Italy!!!!What an impressive match!!!Im really happy! Italy seems to slowly come back making the kind of game that amazed everyone in 2009, with a lot of defense. Im really happy for Piske and Lucia! They made great match! Well it is hard to say one name, Italy worked as a team. Congrats!!!! I do hope they keep this way and won one of the Olympics Spots, still not garantee, but it was a very important step!!! :super:

Now the other side of my day.....what the hell happened to Germany???? :( I know De La Cruz was amazing, but didnt Guidetti knew she was the only one playing well so far?!!!! Bad result for german girls.. :( at elast they could win one point....now must support Serbia against China!!!

• Also bummed about the lack of stream, but I think Giovanni Guidetti's sense of umor can make everyone feels better.

" For sure, none of the other teams we are going to play against will have a player who can score 42 points; if not, I can kill myself. I think we have to keep going with our spirit and our rhythm and pay attention tomorrow with Argentina because they beat the Dominican Republic. That sounds incredible in my head but it means Argentina play good volleyball. If they didn’t then they wouldn’t have beaten the Dominicans."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• I hate sportlemon ! the link for CHN-SRB doesn't work ? links please ????

the link for the game between CHN and SRB, enjoy it.

http://sports.cntv.cn/live/cctv5/index.shtml

the other game between JPN and KOR, the same link later tonite....do not miss it either...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• So Germany lost Their chance to be in London from the World Cup.
    Hm I'm curious about the World Olympic Qualification Tour- from which Ranking will be take spots to the Tour? That after the Continental Championships, after the World Cup or after the Continental Olympic Qualification Tours which give points to the Ranking too?