All-Stars

• Can u imagine how we exiting to watch all-star game with international volleyball stars all around the world :))
    like this of mine :)) what is your opinion

• let me know your opinion then :)

• you re right, but its just a match :) funny night with concerts like nba all-star :)

by Matthias
    I'm not a fan of allstar matches. Putting a bunch of stars together doesn't mean they work out as team. Just look for example at Novara's team last season...

i agree with you Matthias ASYSTEL was really bad last season even with stars like KOZUCH ,FLIER,TOM, BARAZZA that's because they didn't have that great of setter
    i think adding setters like Oksana Parkhomenko or maybe Leo Lo Bianco ♥ to that team would be AMAZING

• i agree with you Matthias ASYSTEL was really bad last season even with stars like KOZUCH ,FLIER,TOM, BARAZZA that's because they didn't have that great of setter
    i think adding setters like Oksana Parkhomenko or maybe Leo Lo Bianco ♥ to that team would be AMAZING

Tottaly agree with both of you novara's example fits perfect.
    Oskana and leo are great and with those spikers would make a wonderful team i could add fofao too

• All-stars games may suit basketball , but I don't think it suits volleyball.

All-stars games are supposed to be a one night game, for players who played really few together. It's OK for basket because players can shoot the ball whoever their teammates are. It might even be easier because defense can't improve due to lack of time to practice together.
    Yet for volleyball it takes much more practice between setter and spikers (especially MB's) to get spectacular spikes. Also the lack of practice make it difficult for defense to improve, so it's likely you will see less rallies in such games and mostly direct faults and blocks (in and out).

Gathering superstars just to see them play awfully together is not really my opinion of a VB event.

Of course, you can turn it into something funny, with players just trying to have fun, but then you'd better get the funniest player than the best.

• Yeah really good points Armel, it is true that it's never going to be a very spectacular match.

The only reason I like to watch them, is because it's more layed back for once, for once who wins doesn't really matter. Because of this player play without stress which actually does make them play better in some cases :P And it's just the whole idea of it.. you think WOW, the absolute BEST players in ONE team, but yeah in reality it's always kind of a let down like Armel says.

Also I find it funny to see a team of players that have never played together (not true in all cases of course), still connect with each other at least a little, simply because they all speak the language of volleyball :) It's hard to explain, but it's cool to kind of see them forming a team throughout the match. Also nice to see rivals play along side each other all of a sudden. But then this often happens after a bunch of transfers at the end of a season as well.

So in the end I have to agree that generally these matches are never as entertaining as they're expected to be.

• ok ok, its just an idea :D