Junior World Championships 2011

• With the final rounds of the 2011 FIVB Junior World Championships coming up this summer in Brazil and Peru, Europe was assigned a total of 6 slots per gender for these competitions. Russia and Italy, i.e. the winners of the 2010 CEV Junior European Championships, already grabbed one of these spots in the men’s and women’s division respectively, so five more tickets per gender remain to be allotted via the qualifiers that are scheduled for next May.
    The composition of the Pools was defined according to the final rankings of the 2010 CEV Junior European Championships (final round plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd preliminary phase) as follows:

Pool A in SRB (venue to be communicated): Serbia, Poland, Greece, Portugal, Montenegro
    Pool B in Novalja (CRO): Czech Republic, Belgium, Croatia, Romania
    Pool C in Moscow (RUS): Germany, Russia, Finland, Israel, Denmark
    Pool D in Bardejov (SVK): Turkey, Slovakia, France, Bulgaria

• The World Championships of Juniors will be held on days 21 - 30 July in Peru. Six teams will go to the South America from Europe, including masters at Europe - Italians. In May teams divided in four groups will compete for five remaining places. Winners of groups and the team best of second places will get the direct advance to the world championships. In the group with around five teams for team around 2. there will be no place a match with the last team counted in the table.

• which generation would be able to play? 1992+ or 1993+ ? :whistle:

• I check previous edition of tournament, see some names which is not known nowadays what happened to them? there was an injury finishing their career or they cannot reach senior international level?

Klineman Alexandra from USA
    Costagrande Luisina from ITA
    WITTOCK Jolien BEL
    SMIRNOVA Irina
    WALKENHORST Kira
    Vanzurova Tereza CZE

Btw i see that Natalia Pereira was second best receiver in 2005 youth WCh and 2007 junior WCh. Is she normally OH originated player?
    Ashley Engle was also have good stats while she was spiker, when she convert to setter?

• Natalia is originally Opp. I think...at least in clubs she always played in the position...since when she used to play in MAcaé.

• About Smirnova and Costagrande I don't know, other 4 players are still active. Walkenhorst plays in Aachen as OH/OPP, Klineman is in US NT in this year, Vanzurova was in WCH in Japan last year, plays in Olypm Prague (Czech league), Wittock plays in Infotel Forli (serie A2) as OH
    Natalia Pereira can play as OH and also as OPP. She was OH in Brazilian NT in 2009, when Jaqueline took a break and didn't play in NT,

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kira Walkenhorst had serious injuries in both knees in the last years, but this season she finally returned to play in Aachen. Her plan is to concentrate on beach volleyball and give up indoor volleyball after this season, but it's not 100% sure yet.

• About Smirnova and Costagrande I don't know, other 4 players are still active. Walkenhorst plays in Aachen as OH/OPP, Klineman is in US NT in this year, Vanzurova was in WCH in Japan last year, plays in Olypm Prague (Czech league), Wittock plays in Infotel Forli (serie A2) as OH
    Natalia Pereira can play as OH and also as OPP. She was OH in Brazilian NT in 2009, when Jaqueline took a break and didn't play in NT,

Wasn't Wittock an opposite player?

is there any possibility that Costagrande is related to the famous one? :whistle:

I know that Pereira can play as OH but i always thought that she is an Opp originated player and Ze try to convert her to OH.

• Two important players of German team, setter Lucia Kaiser and MB/Opp Rebecca Schäperklaus decided not to participate in qualification tournament for WCH because it takes place at the same time as their A-level exams. Our coach Han Abbing is a bit angry and doesn't understand their decision, he says if they really wanted to play a solution could have been found for sure.
    In general our current JNT is a rather weak generation, I don't think they will even qualify to WCH. There are some interesting players, but they all had serious injuries in the last year and are not in a good shape now (Sina Fuchs, Ana Capote, Pia Walkenhorst).

• Turkish NT 16 Roster has announced today.They will make preparation for JWCH Continental Qualifications in 25 April-17 May.

Setters

1-Cansu Aydınoğulları Beşiktaş
    2-Gamze Alikaya Galatasaray
    3-Pelin Ceylan Karşıyaka

Middle Blockers

4-Diclenur Babat Vakıfbank
    5-Selin Uygur Eczacıbaşı
    6-Özgenur Yurtdagülen Yeşilyurt
    7-Ebru Mandacı İller Bankası

Hitters

8-Ceren Kestirengöz Vakıfbank
    9-Melis Durul Eczacıbaşı
    10-Ezgi Dağdelenler İller Bankası
    11-Ezgi Arslan Galatasaray
    12-Kübra Tanrıkulu S.G.K.
    13-Müge Örencik Yeşilyurt
    14-Cansu Çetin Eczacıbaşı

Liberos

15-Gizem Örge Nilüfer Belediye
    16-Buse Kayacan Karşıyaka

Red
    names are playing in Aroma Turkish 1. league (Starting six)
    Blue names are playing in Aroma Turkish 1. league (Bench)
    Green names are playing in Turkish 2. league (Starting six)
    Other names are playing in Aroma Turkish Youth League

Roster should be like this;

Setters: Cansu Aydınoğulları,Gamze Alikaya
    Outside hitters:Ezgi Dağdelenler,Melis Durul,Ezgi Arslan,Cansu Çetin
    Opposite:Ceren Kestirengöz
    Middle Blockers:Ebru Mandıracı,Dicle Babat,Selin Uygur
    Liberos:Gizem Örge,Buse Kayacan

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• 2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: