The 2011-2012 Transfer News

• No, it's Juliann Faucette, but I don't know anything about her...but it's not Nicole Fawcett for sure ;)

Thanks, Matthias :drink:

Sorry, Joana :white:

• Aha :) Who is Faucette? Her surname sounds like Fawcett.

Thanks, Matthias :drink:

Sorry, Joana :white:

;)

yeah Its like Matthias said, Juliann Faucette. She is an american OH, played for Texas University. She played with Hooker in college I think.

She is 21 years old and was elected in 2007 freshman of the year by AVCA...and already participated NT training camp.

Here more infos about her - http://usavolleyball.org/athletes/juliann-faucette

• An Italian newspaper writes that Villa Cortese is close to sign with Sarka Barborkova (CZE) :white:
    Last season she was thrown out from German team Vilsbiburg because of lack of professional behaviour, so I'm very surprised by this possible transfer...plus, she's not a very good player in my opinion, certainly not enough for Villa Cortese.

• J. Faucette plays like a Cuban. Very, very powerful player who plays with a lot of emotion. She has struggled in reception (they even had Hooker covering for her), but she hits harder than any other young US player.

• An Italian newspaper writes that Villa Cortese is close to sign with Sarka Barborkova (CZE) :white:
    Last season she was thrown out from German team Vilsbiburg because of lack of professional behaviour, so I'm very surprised by this possible transfer...plus, she's not a very good player in my opinion, certainly not enough for Villa Cortese.

Its strange indeed. But anyway, I think she will be bench if she goes, cause most likely will play Aurea Cruz and Bosetti as OH. Lets see..:)

• Cynthia Barboza in Liu Jo Modena (gazzetta.it)

Modena 11/12:

S: Fernandinha (BRA), Francesca Mari (ITA)
    Opp: Aguero (ITA)
    OH: Barboza (USA), Partenio (ITA), Valeriano (ITA), ? (maybe De La Cruz? (DOM)
    MB: Harmotto (USA), Barazza (ITA), Paggi (ITA), Marinkovic (SRB)
    L: Croce (ITA)

• wow... this is quite a strong team.
    I don't know Partenio and Valeriano so maybe there's still a place for another OH. It's great to see Modena with a strong team once again. The first game of Serie A I watched it was from 98 or 99 I believe when Modena had Phipps and Jelic as OH. :rose:

• wow... this is quite a strong team.
    I don't know Partenio and Valeriano so maybe there's still a place for another OH. It's great to see Modena with a strong team once again. The first game of Serie A I watched it was from 98 or 99 I believe when Modena had Phipps and Jelic as OH. :rose:

Yeah I think most likely another OH will arrive. Partenio is a very good talented player, but still so young, so I dont know if they will bet her for hole season as starting six. But she is playing quite well for her age. and is training with main NT, with group that will stay in Italy! Valeriano is a ok player, she is good in reception in defense, but not that strong in attack, cause she is not very tall. She was bench in Busto last season. And its a good bench in my opinion. So yeah, I think they will probably sign with another OH.

• I thought that Barborkova is MB not R. Isn't She?

Barborkova is OH/OPP