The 2011-2012 Transfer News

• also happens in Brasil..hehehe

unfortunetly volleyball is not a strong sport with strong sponsors.

But talking about Sponsors, a good news...looks like Conegliano will come back to volley next season! ^^

They found a new sponsor and will have a new president. I dont know now what will be the decision from italian league, If they will aloud them to play A1, or if they will have to play other small elagues before.

• the big clubs are rich here but Pursaklar is a very small club so it must not be a big surprise.

I taught that Besiktas belong to big sport society in Turkey, well I was wrong, they are small club as you said, they have long history of not paying money to players.

Problem is that no official federation in this case Turkish, CEV and FIVB are not protecting players and volleyball will never be big sport until they don't realize that they need to protect players also. What will be if player decide to live club although club paid all the money to player? Of course that CEV, FIVB will suspended that player.

• I taught that Besiktas belong to big sport society in Turkey, well I was wrong, they are small club as you said, they have long history of not paying money to players.

Problem is that no official federation in this case Turkish, CEV and FIVB are not protecting players and volleyball will never be big sport until they don't realize that they need to protect players also. What will be if player decide to live club although club paid all the money to player? Of course that CEV, FIVB will suspended that player.

I only mentioned Pursaklar as a small club in my post. Yes Beşiktaş is a big club but they only care about football. They don't spend money for volleyball. And they have serious financial problems, too. It doesn't matter how big you are if you don't know how to spend your money.

• I taught that Besiktas belong to big sport society in Turkey, well I was wrong, they are small club as you said, they have long history of not paying money to players.

I am not a nationalistic person and frankly speaking don't have positive feelings for Besiktas these days.
    Yet I think it is unfair to judge a whole sporting society with the deeds of a few.

Besiktas was managed by a guy who thought football and to a smaller extend men's basketball are the only important sport in the world, that's the reason why the rest of the branches suffered a lot financially. And they are not the only club in the world going that direction.

Look at Barcelona, who can claim they are an insignificant club, yet they decided to shut down must of its branches.

Moreover, let m tell you one of the "best kept secrets" in Europe. Turkey cannot be considered a rich country, when they have one of the lowest GNP per capita (~$9000) in Europe.
    they have a huge population and the distribution of wealth is so skewed that makes them seem rich.

When you consider these facts, it is no surprise that many of the clubs suffer financially whereas some top clubs seem very rich. There is nothing weird or comical about it.

• Turkish queen Neslihan Darnel is stayin at ECZ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ecz started very early for the transfers. I am very curious who they gonna transfer next

Nesli :flower: great news ! :) I'm waiting for the next positive information about Eczaci's transfers :D

• Newcombe and Perry confirmed they are in Puerto Rico in their twitter acounts. Newcombe will play for Criollas de Caguas, and Perry will defend Las Indias de Mayagüez

Newcombe also wrote in her blog about the situation and why she left. They were not recieving their salaries for 2 months.

"Changes

I know that it has been quite a while since I updated this. A lot has been going on in Turkey and now that I am officially playing with Caguas in Puerto Rico I feel that I can explain the situation and everything that happened. First of all Turkey was a great experience for me. I got to play against some of the best teams in the world and experience a culture so different from the US. I will never forget the food I ate, people I met and places I was able to see. Despite the struggles of my team I ended in the top 3 in the league in scoring. That being said it was an extremely difficult situation for me. I stayed in Turkey without being paid for 2 months and 10 days. Like I said in my last post the entire team had been waiting to be paid for several weeks and our patience was running thin.

Because our team lost as many games as we did sponsors pulled out and so there was not enough money to pay the salaries of the players. Even though the team was a municipal team, backed by the city government they would not come up with enough money to pay the players or coaches. Since we weren’t being paid the situation as a whole deteriorated rapidly. When we lost to Kolej at the beginning of February we knew there was no way that Pursaklar could stay in the first division. I have never been in a situation where an organization as a whole throws in the towel because they feel like they have nothing to play for. Because nobody was being paid, nobody wanted to play. We had many more days off and practices were very light.

Another dynamic of the team that was difficult to overcome was that our starting middle was fired midway through the season. We had no backup setter and almost all of the girls that were on the team had never played in the first division before. Our starting setter was an outside hitter that was converted to a setter. The point that I am trying to make by telling you that is that we as a team didn’t have all of the pieces to successfully compete in the first division. The management didn’t provide us with an environment or the tools to be successful. This was the first year that this team was playing in the first division and adjustments needed to be made so that this team could be successful and ultimately those changes weren’t made.

Not being paid was not the only thing that happened as the team started to deteriorate. I found out that my internet bill had not been paid for even though it was in my contract, so a week before I was released my internet was shut off. When things broke at the apartment no one would come to fix them. Our gym was not being heated properly during practices or games so it made it very difficult to be successful. 10 days before our match we reached a release agreement that everyone was comfortable with. When it came down to signing the release the conditions that had previously been agreed upon were not met and I was forced make a decision to either stay and fight for what was owed me or be released and take what was offered. I chose to take what was offered and get the heck out of there.

I didn’t feel like I could update my blog when all of this was going on and swirling around me. Now I am in Caguas, Puerto Rico. They are the number one team in the league and we are going to make a run at the championship. I am really excited for this opportunity. I feel like it will be a positive end to the season for me. All in all I learned a lot while I was in Turkey. I learned how to be patient and not stress out about the things that I couldn’t change. I learned when it is important to stick up for yourself and which battles to just let go. I learned that in overseas volleyball the team has much more power than the player does. I also learned how important it is for a team to win, not just because of goals that are set but because winning makes it easier for a team to function and it makes the business run more smoothly. I improved as a person from this experience and I think it will make me stronger in the end."

source: http://www.nfinity.com/nfinity-blog/sonja-newcombe/

• Thanks, very interesting to read :flower: I also like the way she writes it, very professional and without blaming anyone directly, just describing...I wish more players had the ability to report facts as they are like Newcombe does here ;)

• Poor Sonja Newcombe! After a great season in France (where she was top scorer), she was going to play in Spain (in Valeriano Alles) but due to situation, they had to release one player (Newcombe). Then, she moved to Turkey and made a great season but she couldn't end because salary's problems. I hope she'll come back to Europe, seems a very interesting player !

• does anybody knows where Marija Usic (Senna's younger sister) is currently playing?

• Annerys Vargas (DOM) will join Criollas de Caguas in the Puerto Rican League.

• 2012-2013 Transfer News topic moved to Female Players & Teams forum :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: