Dutch NT 2011

• I saw the video of Manon too and here's a little bit of translation:

Manon is telling she likes Japanese food. Yesterday she and Reinder eat sushimi,and they liked it both.Manon likes good food.
    She had a good season in Italia,the two years before were a little bit difficult for her. Last year she became more independent,so what ever happened in the team and around the team,she could do her "thing".
    Italian life is good, she likes to live outside,go for some diner etc.
    How is it to be in Holland again? She feels at home in Holland. First week she felt like half Italian girl.
    It's an important summer for Manon. EC and qualification for Olympics is important.
    In 2009 dutch team was in final of EC, can they do it again this year? Yes,we can. We got a couple of youngsters in the team, and we are individual getting better the last two years,so we can do it.
    It's going to be difficult,but when everything goes right, we can grow a lot. We are playing with a lot of ups and downs. After the "ups" everybody expected a lot from us, but we can't do it all the time at this moment. Manon hopes they can play more stabil in the future,they need it to get further with this team.
    Why Japan? I had a good season in Italy, and I wanted to stay there but that wasn't possible because of some reasons. Then Japanese club came,and everything looked good,new adventure. So,why not?
    She was thinking about 1 year Italy again before Olympics, but this was even so good.
    You talked to Chaine and Francien about their experience in Japan? We talked a little bit about it, but it's my adventure,so I go and see what happened.
    I was in Japan for volleybal but not for a long time,so I'm excited to see how it's going in japan with me.
    I'm used to the Italian style of play, but Chaine and Francien and also Avital told me that everything is perfect in Japan.
    But first the EC!!!

• Thanks dear! :) :flower:

• Thank you, Marieke, for your work :flower:

• Dresden, Germany, July 31, 2011. With her long brown hair, brightening eyes and natural smile Robin de Kruijf is certainly the kind of girl that would anyway attract much attention from anyone looking at her. Additionally, she is 192 cm tall and a great Volleyball player, a sport she took up at the tender age of 11 in Schalkwijk, her home town in the Netherlands.

Robin is very ambitious, enthusiastic and talented. She is not afraid of working hard and she did already so along her way to win the Dutch national league and national cup for the past couple of years with the club of TVC AMSTELVEEN. Although she is only 20, de Kruijf has assembled a total of 100 caps with the Dutch national team and got silver at the 2009 CEV European Championship in Poland. The Dutch middle blocker was recently transferred to Germany and will join the side of DRESDNER SC for its first campaign in Europe’s most elitist competition, the 2012 CEV Volleyball Champions League.

“I also got some offers from Italy and Azerbaijan” she stated after visiting Dresden for the first time a few days ago. “But I am young and I have heard that in Azerbaijan there is not much chance to practice. I really want to improve my skills and learn more. I thought a move to Italy would have been too demanding for my first season away from home, especially since I do not speak Italian at all. I understand a bit of German and it is going to get better for the start of the season here in Dresden” she promised.
    “She definitely would have earned much more money in Azerbaijan” said local head coach Alexander Waibl, “but it is nice to see that such a young player pays attention also to the quality of her life next to the sport”. “Everyone told me that Dresden is a very beautiful city and I liked it” added de Kruijf. “It has a kind of Italian style, it reminds me of Florence”. She also liked the apartment where she is going to move and that she visited together with her parents.

During her short stay in Dresden de Kruijf had dinner together with team captain Stefanie Karg to discuss the major goals for the upcoming season. “DRESDNER SC finished the national league in second place last year and we are determined to make it to the top” she revealed. “We are also excited about our participation in the Champions League”.
    Robin will not get back to Dresden before October as she will be busy with the national team preparing for and then participating in the final round of the European Championship in Serbia and Italy. Moreover, as the “Oranjes” did not qualify for the FIVB World Grand Prix, next week they will be flying to Canada for a training camp and some matches there.
    Before traveling home, Robin revealed she already got her first fan in Dresden after being contacted via Facebook by an ice hockey player included in the roster of the local team DRESDNER Eislöwen.

Source: CEV

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Thanks, Burak :flower:

Robin :rose:

I think she made the right move! Money is not important at such young age; development and quality of life is !! Germany is like The Netherlands, as a country, so she won't have any problems at all to live her life! And German clubs are well organised and have good coaches !!

Und jetz die Sprache lernen, Robin! ^^

• Please, may you re-send me the link where I could watch this interview? :)

• Also Anne Buijs went this week to Germany, to be introduced with her new club; Schweriner SC ! Her father will be the new headcoach of Schweriner-SC

http://www.schweriner-sc.de/ar…e.php?artikel=1783&pid=26

http://www.facebook.com/photo.…pe=1&l=82171d64aa&theater

• Marieke already mentioned Anne Buijs' injury...she will be out for ECH, I think.

But she is not the only player...Debby Stam will miss ECH as well presumablyl ! I heard she has a double hernia ( probably caused by bad treatment/starting too early many times, concerning her back-injury during the last year)...she is recovering in the facilities of Dutch football association (KNVB) in Zeist.

:( :( :(

• :(

How long will Anne be out? Will she be ready for club team season/Champions League?

I just read on the internet, for such an injury, the recovery could be several months....

• If I am not wrong Seda has the same injury too..Anne must have a rest and mustn't return unless she recovers fully because this injury is really bad.That is why Seda is out of NT this summer. She wants to have a rest to recover well..

• Marieke already mentioned Anne Buijs' injury...she will be out for ECH, I think.

But she is not the only player...Debby Stam will miss ECH as well presumablyl ! I heard she has a double hernia ( probably caused by bad treatment/starting too early many times, concerning her back-injury during the last year)...she is recovering in the facilities of Dutch football association (KNVB) in Zeist.

:( :( :( :( I hope Debby can recover in time.
    Sad about Buijs too, I think she would have a big chance to show her power this year. But she is young. she will have other chances to shine! :)

I saw Debby Stam in training in the programm Road to London. Happy to see her back after backinjury. Hope she's 100 % fit for EC.