Dutch NT 2011

• Don't know if Deborah is a victim.. Last year she didn't want to play for NT don't know if this year is the same. Huurman will be one of the OH's I think. Together with Grothues, De Vries, Buijs en maybe Sloetjes (she doesn't have exams). I also doubt about Pietersen her position, she ended the season as OPP at TVC

• Deborah is not a victim as far as I know. She just don't not want to play for the NT anymore. Huurman will be one of the OH's I think. Together with Grothues, De Vries, Buijs en maybe Sloetjes (she doesn't have exams). I also doubt about Pietersen her position, she ended the season as OPP at TVC

Does Judith prefer MB or Opp ??? And what postion does Selinger prefer for her? I think in upcoming years Judith will have a good chance at MB-position, since Visser and Huurman will retire...Besides Wensink, there is a free position in starting-six..

• Does Judith prefer MB or Opp ??? And what postion does Selinger prefer for her? I think in upcoming years Judith will have a good chance at MB-position, since Visser and Huurman will retire...Besides Wensink, there is a free position in starting-six..

Well.... heard that Huurman still wishes to be in London so she probably will hang on there at least until summer 2012. I do hope to see more of Judith in the NT however there are also Robin de Kruijf and Quinta Steenbergen to fill the positions, and Wensink is definitely solid for her starting six position.

I can't see why they put Huurman as OH, there are so many available young players to train and expose! What's the point of putting a senior player on her sub-optimal position in these relatively unimportant tournaments? :wall:

• Well.... heard that Huurman still wishes to be in London so she probably will hang on there at least until summer 2012. I do hope to see more of Judith in the NT however there are also Robin de Kruijf and Quinta Steenbergen to fill the positions, and Wensink is definitely solid for her starting six position.

I can't see why they put Huurman as OH, there are so many available young players to train and expose! What's the point of putting a senior player on her sub-optimal position in these relatively unimportant tournaments? :wall:

I totally agree woth you, Henrica :teach:

It's indeed Francien's wish to finish her career at London 2012..but for NT it's better to give her place to a younger player !!!

• I totally agree woth you, Henrica :teach:

It's indeed Francien's wish to finish her career at London 2012..but for NT it's better to give her place to a younger player !!!

And if Francien is in national team,i don not think dutch girls will go to London. :offtopic:

• there are also Robin de Kruijf and Quinta Steenbergen to fill the positions, and Wensink is definitely solid for her starting six position.

I agree. The team has good alternatives on several positions. Looking forward to their first tournaments!

• And if Francien is in national team,i don not think dutch girls will go to London. :offtopic:

huurman is the reason NED couldn't go to London???IF she isn't there,NED could 100% get the ticket???it's so nonsense.She is 36 now,but she also have the capability of getting a spot in the national team respectively,selinger just put her as a substitute,that's OK.those newcomer could prove they surpass her totally!

• poor young dutch players :whistle: I think They're not even gonna get chance to play on the court that much again. poor Buijs,De Kruijf,Meijners,Steenbergen,Schoot so on, NED has a load of talented and young players, but the coach selinger doesn't even give chance to them. It's a big pity :wacko:

I'm sure that Huurman is a great player, and She can obviously help the team, but really... NED needs new blood.

• huurman is the reason NED couldn't go to London???IF she isn't there,NED could 100% get the ticket???it's so nonsense.She is 36 now,but she also have the capability of getting a spot in the national team respectively,selinger just put her as a substitute,that's OK.those newcomer could prove they surpass her totally!

You are right ! Ofcourse Francien's presence/absence makes not the difference to qualify for London!! That does also mean, since she isn't an important player anymore, it's useless to call her again and again for NT at her age of 36 !!!, since there are many young talented MB's !!!

• I'm sure that Huurman is a great player, and She can obviously help the team, but really... NED needs new blood

Francien WAS a great player. She could learn the younger players a lot --> let her join the staff, but don't call her again and again and so prevent a young MB to gain experience !!

• Francien WAS a great player. She could learn the younger players a lot --> let her join the staff, but don't call her again and again and so prevent a young MB to gain experience !!

I know, I'm quite sure that De kruijf and Steenbergen will play much better than Huurman ?(

btw What about Visser?
    haven't seen her play that much, since she is playing in Spain :lol: used to think She deserved to play in a better league...

• I know, I'm quite sure that De kruijf and Steenbergen will play much better than Huurman ?(

btw What about Visser?
    haven't seen her play that much, since she is playing in Spain :lol: used to think She deserved to play in a better league...

In my opinion Ingrid has played the last seasons just for money, since she is at the end of her career...She isn't ofcourse as good as some years ago anymore...but I think she is still a good blocker...In contrary to Huurman, I think NT still needs her :teach:

• In my opinion Ingrid has played the last seasons just for money, since she is at the end of her career...She isn't ofcourse as good as some years ago anymore...but I think she is still a good blocker...In contrary to Huurman, I think NT still needs her :teach:

I think so. Since she is the only player who has played in the olympic games for now... according to wikipedia, She took part in the Olympic games of Atlanta 1996. possibly she also wants to go to London :lol:

• I think so. Since she is the only player who has played in the olympic games for now... according to wikipedia, She took part in the Olympic games of Atlanta 1996. possibly she also wants to go to London :lol:

Right. She was 18 or 19 years old at that moment...Dutch NT became 5th!, while Men's team won GOLD :D Atlanta was indeed the last time Dutch Women's team qualified for OG!

• Right. She was 18 or 19 years old at that moment...Dutch NT became 5th!, while Men's team won GOLD :D Atlanta was indeed the last time Dutch Women's team qualified for OG!

It will be interesting. She was just 18 or 19 years old When she took part in Atlanta, and next year...35 years old in London (If Dutch NT qualified for OG) :lol: :lol: :lol:

• It will be interesting. She was just 18 or 19 years old When she took part in Atlanta, and next year...35 years old in London (If Dutch NT qualified for OG) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yes, she was born in 1977 :win:

• In my opinion Ingrid has played the last seasons just for money, since she is at the end of her career...She isn't ofcourse as good as some years ago anymore...but I think she is still a good blocker...In contrary to Huurman, I think NT still needs her :teach:

Think it should either be Visser or Huurman, you don't need the two of them to be there when you have a queue of young players lining up.
    Visser was still in relatively good form in 2010. Huurman was always called upon to substitute Grothues or the other hitter when the team needs some extra blocking near the end of the set, and I must say that she was doing her job well.

However, the reality is that Huurman is not up to speed when it comes to the starting six and NED urgently needs to train up de Kruijf and Pietersen, and perhaps give Steenbergen a chance as well. In that case, Visser should remain for the emergency, but let the starting six be Wensink + de Kruijf/ Pietersen/ Steenbergen.

Huurman will not traumatise the team (if she is not starting six) but I hate to see that younger players can't have their chances to shine.
    Out of all, putting Huurman in the OH for the China and Montreux tournament is just ridiculous! :thumbdown:

• Think it should either be Visser or Huurman, you don't need the two of them to be there when you have a queue of young players lining up.
    Visser was still in relatively good form in 2010. Huurman was always called upon to substitute Grothues or the other hitter when the team needs some extra blocking near the end of the set, and I must say that she was doing her job well.

However, the reality is that Huurman is not up to speed when it comes to the starting six and NED urgently needs to train up de Kruijf and Pietersen, and perhaps give Steenbergen a chance as well. In that case, Visser should remain for the emergency, but let the starting six be Wensink + de Kruijf/ Pietersen/ Steenbergen.

Huurman will not traumatise the team (if she is not starting six) but I hate to see that younger players can't have their chances to shine.
    Out of all, putting Huurman in the OH for the China and Montreux tournament is just ridiculous! :thumbdown:

I totally agree with you.

One thing about your last sentence: some of the girls, Buijs and De Vries (both OH), will do school-exams next weeks...so they can't play in China (Montreux)... so there are only a few OHs left for these tournaments..Hurrman will be substitute-OH I think.

• Interesting that the discussion is much focused on the MBs, for the over-production in the country. (well, yes, also because of Selinger's choice)

But anyone knows why?
    Why are there not as many setters/ liberos/ hitters?
    :drink: