The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Bartek, I can tell you, because one of my best friends is playing in Buducnost team, that our country is actually not investing that much in women's handball, and we have 3,4 foreigners, but we're still making unbeliavble results and are in the top all the time with young talented players and couple of experienced veterans from our country,so,money's not everything..And volleyball players salaries are much bigger than handball players salaries!

• Well,for world-class teams I'm not aware of reducing salaries, in our country,Montenegro,yes, there are some clubs which if they lose all matches in a month get punished and don't even get salaries. There are also some teams who play with only young players, and they agree to play for 100,150 euroes for month.

• Has in Volleyball been in the past the same situation with reduced salaries?

Wasn't there a similar situation in Novara a few years ago?

Bartek, I can tell you, because one of my best friends is playing in Buducnost team, that our country is actually not investing that much in women's handball, and we have 3,4 foreigners, but we're still making unbeliavble results and are in the top all the time with young talented players and couple of experienced veterans from our country,so,money's not everything..And volleyball players salaries are much bigger than handball players salaries!

Bojana Popovic certainly isn't playing for pocket money.

• Reduced salary is very good idea.

Last year Fenerbahce after CL Semis should do it, this year Eczacibasi.

reduced salary is never the right answer. when human beings are concerned in a carrot-stick scenario one should always go with carrots.
    in a decent club with professional manager, teams should include bonuses in the contracts they sign with players.
    which means that the basic salary of a player should be lower and with bonuses granted after achieving some successes they should gain more.

• Business meeting? You should shame! You go to Grandmother for money again.

What r u talking about, again? :D Yesterday was a hard day for me, reeally hard. Firstly, i took an english proficiency exam which was good enough for me in my opinion and then I had several meetings with some different people in the company. As expected, the last one was the hardest examining deeply my knowledge by a general director. As a result, I am hopeful about taking a job in my mind at this company but there is nothing certain yet. I have to wait for a while to take return...

Turning volleyball, for the first time in last 2 years a Turkish team got eliminated by a team apart from Turkey. If you ask me, Cannes did a very good job. On the other hand, they made reaching the title for FBU easier imo. But Kazan is still a dangerous opponent having the queen. So nothing is certain too.

That is tricky, I think that was not fault from FB players last year they lost semis or EZC player this year to lot against VB, so why to punish them???

• reduced salary is never the right answer. when human beings are concerned in a carrot-stick scenario one should always go with carrots.

The principle punishment-praise-carrot is a very good idea.

That is tricky, I think that was not fault from FB players last year they lost semis or EZC player this year to lot against VB, so why to punish them???

If Players from Fenerbahce knew that if They won't win CL Gold=Their salaries will be 60% reduced to season end, They would win the Gold.

It should work also with Eczacibasi if Managment did it after defeat versus Cannes and maybe now They would be instead of Vakifbank against Cannes.

• I don't agree, nothing in sport in this case volleyball is black and white, same as in other aspects of life. Probable one of reason why Rabita played so bad is because they were under pressure to win, club was all the time talking about wining champions league, probable that pressure from club get players and they froze when was important.
    Take for instance Real Madrid and Barcelona, Real has pressure to win over Barcelona and to win Spanish cup, Championship, Champions league etc...and when they need to play they best they freeze, while Barcelona don't have that pressure and in important moments they are playing best football.

Also, how we can blame players from EZC that club signed setter as Elif , that is same as giving some average race driver to drive F1 car, he is able to drive but not to make best result with that car. How to blame VB players or players from Rabita, Azerrail etc...for me coach needs to be able to prepare his team for important matches, motivated, train them to present in most important moment, but than how to lame coach if his 3 players from staring 6 were injured before important match or still injured during that match??? Is right to cut they salary because that?

You go and buy car, price is so much and you pay that, you wan't something more from the car you pay for that bonus, same with players, some of them get bonus money for winning some competitions.

In this case no player will go to EZC, FB or VB, so they will not be in situation to be near result they had this season.

• To reduce some1s salary is,first of all not fair, and very unproffessional. When club buy player for 1 season or more, there is definatly a reason for that...Maybe that player is in good form,or has been one of the best in last 2 or 3 years,but you can't force him or her to play best.. I hear people saying Mammadova not herself these pas two years.. Well,she was the #1 reason why Rabita won silver in Champions league last year, and I actually can't remember some1 (spikers) having better season in Russia,where its unbeliably hard to play,2 years ago..I think coaches and club staff need to help motivate players,but if they say we're gonna cut your salaries,or reduce them, then they're going to be scared and they won't show their best volleyball for sure,it's extra pressure.

• why you should, thats yours, mine is different, I explained mine.

I totally agree with your opinion, players should have a basic salary and bonuses for success. The only reason to cut salaries would be a strikingly bad performance of a team/players without specific reasons or disciplinary problems.

If a child gets good grades in school, you give him candy. It would be very cruel to give him only half portions of usual food if he gets bad grades.

• On the matter of cutting salaries, I agree with Matthias: Base salary + bonuses for success. Salaries reduced for behavior that violates the terms of the contract (refusing to play and train, disciplinary reasons, gross negligence in playing performance, doing activities that compromise fitness, etc.)

Off topic but I thought I'd share it (maybe someone can verify it): I heard the story that when Vladimir Alekno was hired to coach Russia's male team, he said that he didn't feel the national team or himself should sign for a big salary. But that if they ever won something, then they should get HUGE bonuses.

With the kind of sucess Russia had in 2011 with World League and World Cup, I sure hope they had big paydays!! :D

• CEV President praises development activities undertaken in Azerbaijan
    News from the CEV

Baku, Azerbaijan, March 2, 2012. Azerbaijan is gradually turning into a real Volleyball “Mecca” with the local clubs having signed some of the world’s finest players to live up to their ambition to dominate all major international Volleyball competitions in the years to come. Actually this dream was already fulfilled this past October as the ladies of Rabita BAKU were crowned club world champions in Doha, Qatar.
    With this in mind, CEV President André Meyer visited last week – accompanied by CEV Vice President Jan Hronek – that country not only to praise the impressive efforts that have been made up to now, but also looking forward to the additional development of the sport in Baku and its surroundings. Azerbaijan has embarked on ambitious plans whereby the country shall possibly turn into home to one of the FIVB regional development centers that are about to be established across Europe.
    Mr. Meyer was pleased with the work so far delivered by the Azeri authorities and while being there announced that an additional evaluation and inspection of the facilities will follow in combination with the next meeting of the CEV Executive Committee slated for late March, by the time Baku will host the final four of the women’s Champions League.

• Intresting interview where Inessa Korkmaz - former player of Azerrail Baku and Azeri National Team and now a sports agent - shares her view of this edition of Womens Champions League & the upcoming Final Four.

Azerbaijan remained without their representatives in the Final Four. If we analyze the events, what is more - or the laws of chance?
    But let's not forget that this is women's volleyball, and everything is possible. It could be any chance regularity and vice versa. Speaking specifically about the "Rabita" I have great respect for its president Jalil Jafarov, who is enthusiastic about his craft, but this season, the team observed "vinaigrette." Last season, the club proved that stability - a sign of mastery. They played about the same composition, each acting on its position, and was the game. And the finals of the Champions League, of course, was a great achievement. The game "Rabita" on the club world championship, where they became the first is an indicator - operated a composition played in his volleyball. By the way, "Vakifbank Istanbul" which "signaller" won in the finals, at the time was also a difficult situation, since parted on the volleyball teams. But during the season they were able to gather, can not be said about "Rabita." It is unclear what position played Natalia Mammadova, who was the main "bunch" and it is against the background of that team, I think, frankly weak center. I do not know, due to what they could win only in the one who draws his actions - is Sanja Starovic . I've been watching it for three years and can say that Sanya has found her team. Starovic just doing their job, scores are not jerks. Perhaps it is not only to complaints.

Although after the group matches with "Fenerbahce" when the teams exchanged victories, it seemed that the playoffs start up an interesting battle ...
    Simply, those meetings took place against the backdrop of reinforcements "Rabita", when the team arrived, Natasha Osmokrovic. I think that the team brought the weak points. Like the edge of the "svyazistok" strong, but they have been shuffled. It seems to me that there are more questions to the coach. You can, of course, work with men who rebuilt quickly, but in the women's teams, I only know one person who was able to retrain, and not quickly. This Liubov Sokolova, which was converted into a diagonal, but for now it still operates in its usual fourth zone. I always say that stability is not so much a sign of skill, as the road to mastery. This is heavy, hard work, but it leads to certain results. So Im for "Rabita" sorry, I was hoping to see them in the finals.

What do you think about "Azerrail" because the team played great in the second leg of "Dynamo Kazan" and conceded only Golden Set?
    The opponents were worthy of each other, and that determined the winner of the gold party - too much proof of that. The "Azerrail" a great selection of artists, fine points, but how can you play without the wingers? Indeed, statistics from the team has no problems with reception, Valery Korotenko with it works fine. Many advances Rahimova heard Paulina, which is called a "star", but lived not up to her status. She makes such mistakes, which should not make, by definition. The only difference is that "Dinamo" is Ekaterina Gamova and her more fortunate. Katya is included at the right time, and if she needs to score seven goals in a row, she will do it.

Maybe it has had on the court and the absence of injured captain Oksana Parkhomenko?
    If this is not the cause, then at least one of the components. Although the second "a bunch" Nutsara Tomko too me impressed, though, she plays a slightly different volleyball. I'm sorry, that Oksana was not able to participate in the playoffs, as this volleyball player, who returned to Azerbaijan, primarily, not for material component. God forbid that she recovered quickly, because Parkhomenko and team needs.

For the first time Azerbaijan was represented by two teams in the Champions League, but none reached the finals. On the other hand, "Baki" and "Locomotiv" broke Challenge Cup semi-finals and we can not exclude another Azerbaijani final. Can we say that our volleyball club maintains its position in Europe, despite the lack of representatives in the Final Four?
    Of course, this is another step forward, and even more so in the Champions League this season is somewhat different. We were just discussing this topic the other day on Turkish television. Indeed, the presence of clubs in the semifinals and finals is primarily an indicator of the national championship. If we talk about the Challenge Cup, then I find it hard to talk about the "Baku", since I have not seen this team in action. But I suspect that they will reach the finals, where they will meet with the "driving force", which showed just an ugly game against the Czech Republic "Kralova field" in the quarterfinals. I do like the current situation because of volleyball in Azerbaijan are like nowhere else. Players willing to travel to Baku, but it would be more interesting if this played a narrow circle of top-level volleyball players. And the presence of four Azerbaijani clubs in European competition - is a huge step forward, especially in comparison with the teams of Russia and Turkey, many of which have already dropped out of the fight.

How do you see the alignment in the final four of the Champions League, as may happen next?
    I would like to say that Kazan "Dinamo" beat all, but something stops me. Easy to play against, "Fenerbahce" definitely will not, and if clubs are approximately equal in composition, the difference in the experience of tutors present. With the Coach of 'Fenerbahce' Ze Roberto I was very impressed - he is thoughtful, calm, think before responding, high-quality builds its proposal does not say anything extra. And "Fener" and shows the same thing on the court. But the coach, "Dinamo Kazan" Rishat Gilyazutdinov is such kind - young, ambitious professional, a fan of his craft, working with top-level players. With that, he had previously had experience with more middle-class volleyball player, while ensuring that a good result. But "Fener" this is probably the only team that does not have any problems with reception. After playing with the "Rabita" in Turkish women statistics method was one hundred percent. I've never had such a never seen before. Kim Young Keoung's great plays, Sokolova clearly does her job, despite the fact that she is not in the foreground.

What can you say about a pair of "Villa Cortese" - "Cannes", which is probably more unpredictable?
    It seems to me that the "Villa Cortese" seems preferable. This team is not the first day, playing for a long time, this season the team has replenished some new volleyball players. They play volleyball in a clear, properly built, which can bring success in the semifinals. Although the "Cannes" I also really like, because the club with great history, the inner core. For them, it will be the sixteenth Final Four.

But probably the Final Four much to lose from a lack of Azeri teams?
    I am very sorry that they will not be in the finals. Because the passions that lends an aura of the tournament, when rooting for her. I do not even know who will survive the fans, though I often get asked about it. I would like people to fill the arena as well as volleyball will be high quality, even in the absence of our clubs.

Some experts believe that the best chance of winning the league with "Fenerbahce." What do you say?
    Again I will say that I would like to win "Dynamo Kazan", but I can not deceive itself. Generally, during the last years Final Four is special for me, I'm waiting for it impatiently. Probably because I miss the good quality volleyball, it is not so much in fact. So I am preparing to come to Baku.

Source: http://azerisport.com/volleyball/20120305120538064.html

• Azerbaijan remained without their representatives in the Final Four. If we analyze the events, what is more - or the laws of chance?
    But let's not forget that this is women's volleyball, and everything is possible. It could be any chance regularity and vice versa. Speaking specifically about the "Rabite" I have great respect for its president Jalil Jafarov, who is enthusiastic about his craft, but this season, the team observed "vinaigrette." Last season, the club proved that stability - a sign of mastery. They played about the same composition, each acting on its position, and was the game. And the finals of the Champions League, of course, was a great achievement. The game "Rabita" on the club world championship, where they became the first is an indicator - operated a composition played in his volleyball. By the way, "Vakifbank Istanbul" which "signaller" won in the finals, at the time was also a difficult situation, since parted on the volleyball teams. But during the season they were able to gather, can not be said about "Rabita." It is unclear what position played Natalia Mammadova, who was the main "bunch" and it is against the background of that team, I think, frankly weak center. I do not know, due to what they could win only in the one who draws his actions - is Sanja Starovic . I've been watching it for three years and can say that Sanya has found her team. Starovic just doing their job, scores are not jerks. Perhaps it is not only to complaints.

Now she agrees with me! =)

• :sos: While reviewing some stats of cev, I found a ugly glitch on their site.

here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=23286

They've skipped whole records of 'Atom Trefl SOPOT' ! :what:
    What they are doing? They don't bother to review their own site? :mad:
    It's ugly, ugly, ugly!!
    the game was almost a month ago. They should've corrected this long time ago.

• Semi-Finals

Hall: Sport & Concert Complex of Heydar Aliyev BAKU

24/03/2012 16:30 GMT+4
    RC CANNES - MC-Carnaghi VILLA CORTESE

24/03/2012 19:30 GMT+4
    Fenerbahce Universal ISTANBUL - Dinamo KAZAN

Classification
    25/03/2012 16:00 GMT+4

Final
    25/03/2012 19:00 GMT+4