The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Hmmm. When Kazan and Azzerail played Golden Set some people hated Golden Set rule...

Now, Villa and Foppa played Golden Set, the very same people were screaming in ecstasy: "What a great game."

Looks like DOUBLE STANDARD.

So questions to those who hated the Golden Set rule before: "Do you like or hate the Golden Set rule?"

Oh, respect to those people who stand up to those sore losers and defended the Golden Set rule. Those are the true volleyball FANS.

Now, my guess, Nostradamus is smiling.

• Congratulations, Fenerbahce! I wasn't able to watch the match, but It's great to hear they eventually got the match. so...It means no Azeri teams in F4, right? ;)

• Congratulations, Fenerbahce! I wasn't able to watch the match, but It's great to hear they eventually got the match. so...It means no Azeri teams in F4, right? ;)

yes, thats true, no azeri teams in F4 !

BTW, congratulations fo FBU, they just did a great job to serve to Nati and block Starovic or Mammadova. I have to say that Mammadova is playing since 2 -3 years not high level matches. Her performance declined. As the same for Osmokrovic. Shes not the same player she used to 2-3 years ago......

On the other side, god praise Kim, she is astonishing, I really like this girl, and I hope to see her once in my team aswell, when her contract after 2 years is finished. Naz didn t use Logan and Sokolova much, but she didnt need to, she used them economically. The weakest point imo is and will be Nihan (I dont like her and she is the weakest libero in Turkey: Gülden-Gizem-Buse-Necla are better).....

If VTT beats today Cannes, than no one can predict that FBU will win this time over VTT. VTT is a strong team aswell, especially their native players, and I wish for VTT to reach the final again and defend their title ! VTT is the only turkish team who has won all 3 european cups which make them so precious for me. So good luck to my girls today against Cannes.

For the golden set rule, I kinda like this rule. Its better than the set ratio, because if one team wins in the second match the sets it needed, thant the rest of the match will be very boring. SO with this way its more exciting and if you want to go to the next round you have to win both matches !

Cortese - Kazan match - if they will play each other - very interesting. But I see more chances for Cortese, since Kazan has major reception problems. On the other side, Pavan is not that reliable player. Shes making mistakes in crucial moments. But I think we will see some nice matches in this years CL-Finals

• RC Cannes will win match today because Vakifbank game isn't complicated. Good that They lost 3rd set so tragic. It will give Them waterfall power.

• yes, thats true, no azeri teams in F4 !

BTW, congratulations fo FBU, they just did a great job to serve to Nati and block Starovic or Mammadova. I have to say that Mammadova is playing since 2 -3 years not high level matches. Her performance declined. As the same for Osmokrovic. Shes not the same player she used to 2-3 years ago......

Mammadova played 2 years ago in Russia and you forgot that she was best scorer of Russia league with average of 25-26 points per match, so your statement is not correct about her and same about Osmokrovic, 2 years ago she was playing together with Gammova alone on F4 in Cannes, also she had really good start of season, but after her knee injury she is out of shape and that is evident. Mammadova has problem with her shoulder and all this season she is playing with a lot pain.

• But Vakifbank has more not complicated game.

To say the truth I'm still in shock that the Team won the CL Gold. In Their play for Me aren't something special or amazing. Only simple receive-set-attack. I want to see something spectacular, something which takes My breath away during watch.

• RC Cannes will win match today because Vakifbank game isn't complicated. Good that They lost 3rd set so tragic. It will give Them waterfall power.

You made me surprise man. VTT didn't give up the first set until the end of the set and catched them by showing its resistance and got the set in the last game. It's simple. Cannes couldn't respond in the same way against VTT. So they didn't manage to keep playing on high level and were slammed badly. The point is for sure VTT is head and shoulders above from Cannes' level, man. I am curious what is your criteria about complication of a team? Remember last year's semifinal game between FBU and VTT. VTT as a team has no mentality to give up the game in anytime and anywhere. It is not easy to eliminate this team like you think.

Btw, after FBU's success over Rabita, everyone talking about the last year's revenge in Turkish sites. Even if VTT is close to the f4, it is still early for me. I have respect for Cannes. But it doesn't mean, of course, to miss the facts.

in VTT everyone realises what is their job and doing their job well. They are like Panathinaikos in European Basketball. There is nothing special but doing the right moves in the right time.

• Maybe Vakıfbank is not the strongest team on paper but they do a great team work at field.They do a frustrating defence in back row to break their opponents confidence and it works very well.Seems that Fenerbahce learnt lots of things from Vakıfbank previous season now they do the same with Nihan,Tom and Kim.Just Naz sucks a little at digging,Ze Robero got angry to her a lot yesterday :D I can't wait to watch the battle between Vakıfbank and Fenerbahce.I can't say Fenerbahce will win this for sure coz there is a Guidetti factor,so he will take precautions to Kim Yeon who is very important for FBU's game.I believe Vakıf will pass Cannes today :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• There are some rumours about Bakü doesnt want Final 4 organization right now becouse there is no Azeri team. Is this true? It also says that Kazan and Fenerbahçe would like to host F4 but Istanbul has a bigger chance at this point..
    Is there anyone else who hear the same rumours?

• There are some rumours about Bakü doesnt want Final 4 organization right now becouse there is no Azeri team. Is this true? It also says that Kazan and Fenerbahçe would like to host F4 but Istanbul has a bigger chance at this point..

It is very unlikely.
    Azerbaijani federation must have signed some kind of guarantee, I think if they back down now, they'll be severely fined.

This is the first time to hear something like that. I don't think this will be true. Yes, CEV made a mistake but allowing to change the city for f4 in any case would be a bigger mistake.

• I read it on this website and also on facebook, some users started to talk about it and these people are very close to Fenerbahce club
    http://voleybolunsesi.com/cont…&id=12804&topic=2&lang=tr

Above all things CEV made a decision last year and they will probably support their decision even if Baku don't wanna be the host city. Otherwise, there would probably be some sanctions for Azeri Federation like Groucho wrote

• If Someone wants to take the Final Four from Baku, CEV won't does problems.

I think Kazan should get it, Fenerbahce shouldn't be like Belchatow.

• If Someone wants to take the Final Four from Baku, CEV won't does problems.

I think Kazan should get it, Fenerbahce shouldn't be like Belchatow.

if this happens, i also think that Kazan would be the best choice. cos we already hosted f4 last year.

• I don't hate or love the golden set. The rules are what they are.

I like watching high level volleyball. I think the level is affected by the rules, but not entirely determined by it. It's determined by the teams and how they choose to play.

Cortese kept fighting to push the match to a 5th set even when they were down 2-1. Watching the match, I got the feeling Cortese wanted to win and not have to go to a golden set (which they won anyway).

If Kazan had kept playing instead of tanking the 3rd set vs Azerrail, maybe their match would have been more enjoyable to watch.

So to me, it's not about the golden set. The tiebreaker can be a coin toss and I still wouldn't like the low level volleyball that I saw from Kazan.

I don't blame Kazan for playing the rules. The rules are what they are. But I also don't enjoy watching low level volleyball, so when that happens I don't expect others to like the circumstances (i.e. the golden set) that made that possible either.

• If You give money, CEV will do for You everything even forget rules.

i hope these all are just rumours and F4 will be hosted in Bakü..