Cuba NT 2011

• The women’s team, coached by Juan Carlos Gala with assistants Eidel George and Regla Torres, includes:

-outside hitters Kenia Carcaces, Yoana Palacio and Wilma Salas,

-middle blockers Rachel Sánchez, Gyselle de la Caridad Silva, Rosanna Giel and Daimara Lescay,

-setters Yusidey Silié and Ana Yilian Cleger along with youngsters Alena Rojas, Emily Borrell, Yenifer Álvarez, Dayamí Sánchez and Eglys Sasvin.

• Any news bout Yanelis Santos?

• and still no carillo :mad: do you think cardelon will play for nt anymore? because whenever a cuban players go abroad, they are excluded from NT

• It's so unfortunate that they won't be without Santos, Calderon and Carillo. They're all still young and are all amazing players.

• Rachel Sanchez and Ana Yilian Cleger have been in prison. They want to go away from Cuba to Europe. Now They won't play in NT.

• Oh no Kenia Carcaces is on the Eyes of Cuban Police. If They think that She want to go out from Cuba She will not play in NT :!:

• Cuban federation sucks :thumbdown: They finally must change their stupid system and allow players to play seasons abroad. Most Cuban players are proud to represent their country and I'm sure they'd still play for NT even if they play in European clubs, but if they have to decide between a life in Cuba and a life in Europe I can understand that some of them prefer to leave their country and live in freedom in Europe or somewhere else instead.

• Cuban federation sucks :thumbdown: They finally must change their stupid system and allow players to play seasons abroad. Most Cuban players are proud to represent their country and I'm sure they'd still play for NT even if they play in European clubs, but if they have to decide between a life in Cuba and a life in Europe I can understand that some of them prefer to leave their country and live in freedom in Europe or somewhere else instead.

There is no freedom in Europe either, just more indulgence... which ultimately is the same thing as the discipline towards ideals employed in Cuba.. they are both desires for a certain outcome... in both 'systems' you are a slave to he desired outcome (be it your 'own', or someone else's).

• HeelMooi, I can tell you've never been under totalitarian rule :whistle:

• HeelMooi, I can tell you've never been under totalitarian rule :whistle:

I haven't been either, luckily..and I agree with you HeelMooi's statement is not appropriate, as he is a person living in The Netherlands..

• I haven't been either, luckily..and I agree with you HeelMooi's statement is not appropriate, as he is a person living in The Netherlands..

My statement is about discipline vs indulgence, which is common to all human beings on this planet. Obviously I'm not making the statement as a citizen of Cuba, but that was your assumtion to begin with... again, any satement made by me is my own opinion, which derives from my own experience, but that is a given for any statement, it is not a valid basis to refute one's statements, so why point this out?

To explain a little more... none of us here are pro volleyball players, yet we comment on their performance.

• Cuba Roster

Kenia Carcases
    Wilma Salas
    Yoana Palacio
    Jennifer Alvarez
    Yanellis Santos
    Yusidey Silié
    Yilian Cleger
    Rossana Giel
    Daymara Lescay
    Alena Rojas
    Liannes Castañeda
    Emily Borrel

Zoila Barros and Yumilka Ruiz will join the team in september

• So it appears that Cleger was cleared of whatever allegations there were about her trying to defect. However, Rachel Sanchez is absent which is a big loss for the young Cuban team.

• What happens to Nancy Carrillo? Why she isn't play in the NT?