Italy NT 2011

• Italian player for the NT team

Setter: Lo Bianco(Bergamo),Ferretti(Pesaro),Bechis(Novara),Dalia(Urbino),Rondon(Villa Cortese),Signorile(Bergamo),

MBs: Gioli(Conegliano/Mosca),Arrighetti(Bergamo),Anzanello(Villa Cortese),Guiggi(Pesaro),Crisanti(Busto Arsizio),Garzaro(Urbino),Calloni(Villa Cortese),Manzano(Pesaro),Barazza (after pregnant)

Opp: Ortolani(Bergamo),Quaranta(Perugia,she can play also OH),Centoni(Cannes),Aguero(Villa Cortese,but she left the NT)

OH: Piccinini(Bergamo),Del Core(Eczacibasi),Costagrande(Mosca),Bosetti(Bergamo),Barcellini (Novara),Di Iulio(Urbino),Marcon(Busto Arsizio),Partenio and Scarabelli (the best italian youth player)

Libero: Cardullo(Villa Cortese),Merlo(Bergamo),Leonardi(Urbino),Arcangeli(Perugia),Sirressi(Castellana),De Gennaro(Pesaro)

• In my opinion Italy NT roster should be like this

For Grand Prix

Setters:Feretti,Bechis

Middle Blockers:Anzanello(But Barbolini doesn't prefer her wth :lol: ),Arrighetti,Gioli

Outside hitters:Costagrande,Bosetti,Del Core,Barcellini

Opposite:Ortolani

Liberos:Merlo,Siressi

They can add Gioli,Del Core and Piccinini to starting six in final rounds if neccessary but they must renew their roster for future and GP is the best way to test some players i guess.

For ECH

Setters:Lobianco,Feretti

Middle Blockers:Anzanello,Gioli,Arrighetti

Outside hitters:Del Core,Costagrande,Piccinini,Bosetti

Opposite:Ortolani

Liberos:Cardullo,Merlo

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• The roster with my wishes should be like this...

S - Ferretti, Signorile(Bechis)
    OHs - Del core,Barcellini, Di Iulio, Bosetti, Scarabelli
    OPP - Ortolani
    MBs - Arrighetti, Guiggi, Anzanello, Manzano
    L - Merlo, Sirressi

Barbollini might have to add some old players such as Piccinini,Lo bianco,Cardullo and Gioli for ECH and Worldcup. I'd personally like to see young ITALY NT as soon as possible.

• I think Piccinini is better than Del Core

• Just to clarify this is a roster that you're hoping to see right? Not the official preliminary roster? :)

Right now I really hope that Italy can develop a young outside hitter who is on the same level as Del Core, Piccinni, and Costagrande. I still won't believe Costagrande is going to play for the NT until I see her on the court wearing a Italy jersey :) Barcellini is not physical enough to be an elite attacker and her reception isn't consistent. Bosetti is a fun player to watch, but ultimately I don't think she is tall enough to be a NT outside hitter. She is a weak blocker and her attack isn't effective against big blocking teams. I could see her being the second outside hitter like the role Del Core plays but she would need to work on her passing a lot to be as good as a receiver. I love her serve though.

Italy has a lot of depth at the MB position. Gioli is Gioli. Arrighetti has consistently improved and looks like she will continue the Italian tradition of very quick and efficient MBs. I would love to see Anzanello back with the NT. Even if she didn't start at least we wouldn't have to wonder anymore and I think she gives Italy a bigger block and different look on the attack. Guiggi has come back from her knee injury without it affecting her physical abilities. Garzaro and Manzano have both been really solid for their teams this season and should provide good competition for the starting team.

Lo Bianco has been so good for Italy for so long that you almost forget about any other player, but as her NT career winds down they really need to find a suitable replacement. Rondon is NOT the answer. Her fundamental setting skills are so poor I don't even think it's worth the time trying to develop her. Ferretti has done a lot of good things with Pesaro this year and I'd like to see her get more playing time.

Ortolani is so difficult to predict. One night she is absolutely amazing and looks like she is one of the best OPP in the world and then the next night she makes so many errors. Nobody mentioned Centoni, but she is still very good and in her CL matches with Cannes I kept thinking I hope she comes back to the NT. When Ortolani is struggling, Centoni is a very reliable and experienced backup. I think Aguero's time is up with the NT. She isn't in her physical prime and her consistency is beginning to diminish. If it came down to choosing Aguero or Costagrande, I'd take Costagrande.

• Perugia opposite Quaranta is amazing!!she can play Opp or Oh because she receive very very well :D

Bosetti isn't weak at blocking in spite of her height and she has a great technique but she must improve

• I think that Bosetti should play in NT and she should be preparing slowly to replace del Core or Piccinini. But I am saying about younger Bosetti. To be honest I would sacrifice this year a little bit and start to build younger team. The core problem is second Opposite position.

• I think that Bosetti should play in NT and she should be preparing slowly to replace del Core or Piccinini. But I am saying about younger Bosetti. To be honest I would sacrifice this year a little bit and start to build younger team. The core problem is second Opposite position.

I thought that you are talking about Lucia(Old Bosetti) first not Caterina :lol: Bosetti sisters are really talented in your first comment i am not agree in one part that she really can avoid high blocks with fast sets and she is quite powerfull and she jumps very high for a 175cm player.If Ebata can avoid Russian blocks with Takeshita,why not Bosetti does with Lobianco or Feretti?I prefer her instead Barcellini.As you said it's a big fun to watch her :drink:

A nice video about Lucia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqDYhaTd1w

• to sum up,our Nt has 2 problems..the first is the Opp because Serena Ortolani isn't playing as it's expected by her and it's hard to believe she'll do better in nt..we do not have a strong change in this position because Barbolini decided not to call Centoni(I really would like to know why..) and i am not sure that a player like Quaranta can do well in international competition..the other issue is related to the second setter:Ferretti will not come back to the team till Barbolini is the coach and Rondon is always present,even if she plays really bad and there are lots of more talented girls,like Bechis,Dalia,Signorile and Dall'Igna..as MB we need to have Anzanello back,now more than in the past because of the lack of Barazza..but,also in this case,the problem is about the coah...so my question is..why not to find another coach?????

• I completely agree. Don't think Barbolini is really outstanding coach and irreplacable. He definitely needs to prepare someone much younger to replace slowly LoBianco. But he decided that Rondon will be this person... Anzanello has huge season and is comparable MB to Gioli. Arrighetti is still bit behind them. Serena still needs some support in few moments, but I think she is still developing and finally will find stability, but definitely needs to have someone experienced on the bench. Caterina Bosetti is 183 cm, so it is really solid height for OH. I was impressed by her play in Villa Cortese. She is the same line as Vasilieva and Hooker. In few years they will be biggest stars in female volleyball.

• I agree that the NT need to prepare some younger players so they can be ready to replace the "old" generation.

About Bosetti, I think that Lucia is really smart, I love seeing her playing. Barcellini is great too, but Bosetti is better...

Anzanello is great, no doubt about that, but I'll prefer a younger player like Arrighetti, not because she is better now, but because she probably will be in a few. She is quite complete, good block, float-serve and attack... and great enthusiasm.

Probably at the moment Gioli is hard to replace. Her fast... :obey:

For the setter we need to chose somone and train her to be the next Lo Bianco, but usually is normal that the setter plays longer than the other, so at least until the Olympics I'll never let Lo Bianco rest ^^ (poor LeoXD)

As opposite... :sos:

• for the opposite there's still the chance to see Gioli in this position..but in my opinion it's not a good idea..i'd like to try,also with Ortolani,but with Centoni and even Ravetta because she showed to be in a good shape and to have a great potential..for the MB,i hope Guiggi will come back to her level soon because she's the only one,for her style,that can replace Gioli..Anzanello is playing such a good season and she would deserve to come back to the Nt..Arrighetti,Bosetti and Barcellini(even if she didn't play a good season this year)are the future,together with Di Iulio and the really young Scarabelli and Partenio..

• for the opposite there's still the chance to see Gioli in this position..but in my opinion it's not a good idea..i'd like to try,also with Ortolani,but with Centoni and even Ravetta because she showed to be in a good shape and to have a great potential..for the MB,i hope Guiggi will come back to her level soon because she's the only one,for her style,that can replace Gioli..Anzanello is playing such a good season and she would deserve to come back to the Nt..Arrighetti,Bosetti and Barcellini(even if she didn't play a good season this year)are the future,together with Di Iulio and the really young Scarabelli and Partenio..

I also hope Guiggi comes back soon to her level. about Setter, hopefully Ferretti will be called by Barbollini, and she won't make us disappointed.

• On italian volleyball newspaper Barbolini says that Anzanello,Ferretti and Costagrande will comeback in NT.....and the team will be divided in two groups: Anzanello,Ferretti,Costagrande,Ortolani,Bosetti,ecc will play WGP instead the "veterans" will training in Italy and before EC the two groups will be united and Barbolini will choose the team for EC

(Sorry for the eventually mistake :lol: )

• Maybe Costagrande is new in NT but she is also old therefore she must prepare with veterans in my opinion.She doesn't have a long future with Italy NT coz she is already 31

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• Yes but Costagrande Ferretti and Anzanello doesn't play in world competition since many years...above all Costagrande that never played in italian NT...

• On italian volleyball newspaper Barbolini says that Anzanello,Ferretti and Costagrande will comeback in NT.....and the team will be divided in two groups: Anzanello,Ferretti,Costagrande,Ortolani,Bosetti,ecc will play WGP instead the "veterans" will training in Italy and before EC the two groups will be united and Barbolini will choose the team for EC

Yay baby :lol: It will be damn good for ITALY NT to have them again, especially Ferretti! Auguri, Ragazze!

I guess that is greast news, specially in my opinion, over Anza come back, cause she is making great season. But of course Ferretti and Costagrande both are great too.

I just wish Italy can work well this year, and get prepared physicly in the tournaments, thing that didnt happened last year.

do you know witch newspaper gave that new? ^^

• Great news for Italian NT.

I think now Italy can compete with USA, Russia and Brazil. 4 very strong teams with many good substitutes ! The big 4 in Women Volleyball :super:

• do you know witch newspaper gave that new? ^^

Yes, "Pallavolo Supervolley" ask Barbolini and he say that