Croatia NT 2011

• Croatia NT is going to face with 3 hard teams in Pool B with Italy,Turkey and Azerbaijan in European championship.I think they have a great roster with many talented young players but the biggest problem is preparation period and team spirit but no doubt that Kirillova will skip those problems.I have no idea about Osmokrovic but i don't think that she will come back to NT.Let's wait

Coach: Iryna Kirillova :heart:

Setters :Ana Grbac,Marina Katic

Middle Blockers : Maja Poljak,Ivana Milos,Mirela Delic,Ilijana Dugandzic

Outside hitters: Senna Usic,Matea Ikic,Mia Jerkov,Sanja Popovic(OH/OPP),Marina Miletic,Marija Usic

Opposites : Jelena Alajbeg,Katarina Barun

Libero: Mirela Bares,Mia Todorovic

Opposite and middle blocker seems Croatian's best positions and libero the weakest one.

Poljak,Usic and Alajbeg looks a unstoppable triple also Grbac-Alajbeg couple have a nice harmony from Zürich but as i said before this team needs a good preperation period this summer so Kirillova has a important role for success

What do you think about Croatian NT's future?

PS: I saw Kirillova in last F4 while watching FBA-Pesaro game.There were almost 5-6 Croatian players in torunament,she came to analize Croatian players performance.

Fofao and Kirillova in same screen from my camera :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• I've read that Maja resigned from NT after WCH in Japan, but maybe Irina will talk with her :) I hope so

Croatia has great players, yound but experienced, I think they can be one of the best !

• Poljak is too good and too young to "retire" from the NT. What is her number? I will call her and convince her to come back :)

• It will be a huge lack for Croatian NT to play a european championship without Poljak :down: She is a monster,beautiful monster... For opponent attackers :rolll:

• definitely !! but maybe Irina will convince her. I hope so, I can't imagine Croatia without her !!

• "The story about new couch of Croatian female NT is finally finished. Irina Kirilova, former Russian and Croatian NT player took over that duty. Kirilova will coach girls till Olimpic games in Rio de Janeiro 2016., and the first big challenge will be EC in Italia and Serbia, goal there will be to qualify to the OG in London 2012.
    First gathering with the new coach, volleyball players will have in the end of may, when they will prepare themselves for European league.
    Irina Kirilova was one of the best setters in the world of all time, with ex USSR NT in 1988. she won gold medal, and with Russian and Croatina NT's she won a couple of more medal on the big competitions."

In the clip she's saying that this is a great honor for her and she's very happy. Also she said that there's a lot to do, and that is not good enough if you're good in one aspect of the game" ( I guess she's answering on question there but I don't know the question – so it's a little bit confusing)

In one other article she said that she believes that Poljak won't leave NT and that she will talk with her to hear her reasons (the article is from 23. february)

• I think that Maja Poljak will not play European League, but she will play in ECH in Italy, but Mia Jerkov said goodbye to NT, she said she won't play in NT anymore, but maybe Kirilova can convince her...
    and we are still waiting response of Nati.

• Mia !? nooooooooooooo ;( she's great OH ! she has great season in her club this year.
    I hope Irina will convince them both

• Actually Matea Ikic is one of the most talented OHs in Europe.She is just 21y and i like her play so much but where she is playing currently i don't know really :lol: Just Kirillova must stand on her,so she can replace Jerkov's place without problem.The biggest problem is who will be the first opposite?Alajbeg?Barun?Popovic? Alajbeg has a great form and Barun is playing her best volleyball for many years and Kirillova can't ignore Popovic.It will be a hard decision :win:

• Actually Matea Ikic is one of the most talented OHs in Europe.She is just 21y and i like her play so much but where she is playing currently i don't know really :lol: Just Kirillova must stand on her,so she can replace Jerkov's place without problem.

Ikic plays in Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland :P Ikic ok but...Mia is Mia, she's great !

• Mary

Yea Jerkov is Jerkov afterall but Kirillova should give priority to young players like what Svetlana Ilic does in Volero Zürich.This team should be prepared for London 2012 and more not for yearly successes :thumbsup:

• Mary

Yea Jerkov is Jerkov afterall but Kirillova should give priority to young players like what Svetlana Ilic does in Volero Zürich.This team should be prepared for London 2012 and more not for yearly successes :thumbsup:

I know, Croatia has a lot of young and potential players but experienced players are also helpful ;) we'll see what will Kirillova do, I wish this team a lot of success !!

• I hope that if Kirilova convince the girls that team will have full support from federation and normal preparation for competitions (afterall thats what she asked from federation before taking over the NT), that none off the players won't say no to NT.
    So I'll just wait and hope for the best

• In German league, Mira Topic and Hana Cutura are among the best players, but in NT there still are a lot of better players. In terms of player quality Croatia is one of the best countries in Europe, I hope they finally manage to bring them all together as a real team to achieve the success they deserve.

• will Osmokrovic play for NT ??

• I just read that Kirilova sent plan and program for the upcoming competitions to the players and no one refused to play for NT, not even Osmokrovic (she said that she will think about it).
    Kirilova sees Nati as a possible reinforcement for EC

• I just read that Kirilova sent plan and program for the upcoming competitions to the players and no one refused to play for NT, not even Osmokrovic (she said that she will think about it).
    Kirilova sees Nati as a possible reinforcement for EC

really !? no one refused...how I wish it's true !!