Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Osasco looked more hungry and motivated I think. Unilever went with their head down fast, while Osasco was very load and almost crazy in their cheering. Hooker was very good, but everybody in Osasco was, like Tandara, Jaqueline and Brait.

• Final Stats

Hooker led all scorers with 20 points

• yup as impressive as hooker was i think the oneswho made the difference are tandara, thaisa and camila brait

• Sollys Nestlé/Osasco 3 x 0 Unilever/Rio de Janeiro (25-14, 25-18, 25-23)

The Osasco's team was far superior than the Rio's team. They passed like a compressor roll over their opponents in the 1st and 2nd sets. In the third set, if it was not for the mistakes the Osasco's girls committed and for the referee error, when Jaqueline scored a point in attack and he gave the point to Unilever, they could have beaten Unilever in straight sets without letting their opponents score 20 points.

What a victory!

• Yep!

BEST SERVICE - SHEILLA (UNILEVER)
    BEST ATTACKING - SHEILLA (UNILEVER)
    BEST BLOCKING - ADENIZIA (SOLLYS OSASCO)
    BEST RECEPTION - CAMILA BRAIT (SOLLYS OSASCO)
    BEST DEFENSE - SASSÁ (SESI SP)
    BEST SETTER - FABIOLA (SOLLYS OSASCO)
    MVP - FABIOLA (SOLLYS OSASCO)

• Me too. Such awards are based on the statistics overall the tournament and as Hooker got injured and didn't play in the beginning of the season, her figures were not as good.

• congrats to Osasco...they simply deserved it, they were stronger nothing to add!! they improved more and more during the season while Unilever did the opposite...Osasco arrived to the final really easily while Unilever had harder work!!

my compliments to Camila Brait, we'll see if Ze will choose her or Fabi in the strting six!! I think she deserves, at least she has been awesome!!

• OK, I jsut came back home after spending a time with some friends...

* 1rs, congrats to Osasco, deinfelty they deserved the vicotyr, did great game, and wanted a lot. CAmila Brait should be Brazil's first libero. Her and Jaque in the team gives a lot of defense and oportunities.

* Hooker got the best player from today's match If Im not mistaken. deserved, she did her best game in season today.

* For Unilever, what to say, the team did terible match in every aspect. Serving, reciving. Our MB blocks didnt good well, and I guess Bernardo took to long to try to change something.. They looked they were never actually inside court. Fernanda has a herniated disc, and that is why she suffered so much this end of season, If It was hard for her to run during season, now was pretty much impossible. She couldnt be in court, she just played cause It was her last one, but could see her condition was not the same as some moments in the middle of the league. Sheilla was the only one that actually did a good match, but she was not very used.

I fell sad for her, cause she was crying a lot after the game, I guess she wanted to dedicate this title to her grandmam, that is treating from cancer.

Anyway, life goes on, now is to prepare to another season. ;)

• Like Busto girls, Osasco players also celebrate the victory with a dance, but not Ai Se Eu Te Pego, a new song here in Brasil that is the new "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" in popularity.. :aww: :lol:

Also Hooker tried to dance! :whistle:

• Totally deserved victory for Osasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girls,they won sooo many games in a row!!!!!!!! Unilever looks like to be only Sheilla,while everyone in Osasco is fighting for every ball and looking focused from start to finish! Jaque,Destinee!!!!!! :heart:

I think it's not fair that Jaqueline got no awards,because from 1st match of regular season she was consistent,great in both defense and offense. And Fabiola played a very good match,but I think it was obvious that Hooker was MVP in the final match!!

• Like Busto girls, Osasco players also celebrate the victory with a dance, but not Ai Se Eu Te Pego, a new song here in Brasil that is the new "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" in popularity.. :aww: :lol:

Also Hooker tried to dance! :whistle:

oh em geez :heart: :heart:

Those moves and vibes !!! Someone has to say Jaqueline to party with me :dance6:

BTW, Joana whats that song called ? Its much much better than the innfamous ei se tu pego :rolll:

edit: Thanks to Destinee, I have it now :heart:

• Hi, Joana. And what's about Uni's transfer politics, who will stay and who will leave? do you have some info?

The only confirmation so far is Natália..she will stay.

And Fernanda will leave of course, she is ending her career for good now. She has an herniated disk, so even If she wanted she couldnt play anymore.

Rumors that are many so far. Looks like Sheilla and Juciely will stay. The team is after a foreigner MB, people talking about cuban Carrillo.

Regiane and Mari can leave, though Regis said she would like to stay. to replace them, well, one will be Natália, the other can be a foreigner OH as well.

For setting, rumors that Claudinha from Minas can go to Unilever, though I would like to see Roberta taking that position, and that is also a possibility. Fernanda made many compliments to her and said she thinks Roberta is ready to get the starting position.

The rumor that is conserning me the most is that Bernardinho might left the coaching of the team to coach RJX, the male team. Hélio Griner, Bernardinho assistent would get the job, witch conserns even more...that already happened once in Unilever and was the time that we had worse investiment and results. But He is in project since beggining so. We will see what happen.

For libero I think Fabi will keep as main libero, I dont see her playing for any other team here.

But so far the only confirmation itself is Natália. Any more news Ill putting in transfer market threat. ;)

• Tx, Jo :)

Bernardinho kept his promise and now he can go :) I hear that Jaqueline will come to Uni and Murilo will join the Bernardinho's team. About Mari-now she's not in a bets shape...and I also think she will leave ;( I may be wrong and it is only my opinion, but i think Cloudinha is a better setter than Roberta. And Sheilla, I also heard her boyfriend is from SP, so may be she will join some team from SP :lol:

• Tx, Jo :)

Bernardinho kept his promise and now he can go :) I hear that Jaqueline will come to Uni and Murilo will join the Bernardinho's team. About Mari-now she's not in a bets shape...and I also think she will leave ;( I may be wrong and it is only my opinion, but i think Cloudinha is a better setter than Roberta. And Sheilla, I also heard her boyfriend is from SP, so may be she will join some team from SP :lol:

Yes, there was also this rumors of Jaque coming back, but so far nothing but rumor. Mari probably going to Campinas if she leaves. I dont know. I would raelly like to see Roberta more offen, everytime she enter in the game she made a huge contribution for Unilever, and she is taller then Claudinha and younger..of course Claudinha has more experience...but If It is to change for someone from other club I guess I would prefer to see a better foreigner player.

But we will see.

• It was an almost perfect league for the Osasco's team. Their statistics are just amazing:

1) Only three defeats during the entire championship.
    2) No defeat by 3-0, every match they played they won at least one set.
    3) The three defeats occurred in the first half of the preliminary round and the team was not complete when they lost. Fabiola and Hooker were missing against Minas and Vôlei Futuro and they were only bench options against Unilever.
    4) After the second half of the preliminary round, the team had 100% of effectiveness. All victories were in three or four sets.
    5) The team ended up the season with a 16-0 win-loss record.

• I agree,totally deserved win for Osasco!! I hope they'll get another foreigner to play for them next season!!

• I remember that in begin of season Joana has written that with Hooker Osasco may have some chances to beat Rio.

So what did happen during the whole season that Rio didn't win?