Germany NT 2011

• I haven't been a fan of Guidetti, but I started to hate him. I mean WTH is going on? Burchard who played pretty well so far is out and Matthes & Thomsen in? :what:
    If he is that concerned about the problem of reception, he could let Lenka play...but wtf again, Thomsen? :what: :what: I don't really get it.
    at the beginning of this year, I was extremely surprised because he invited some new OHs (Alright, Burchard played in NT before, but it was a long time ago...) such as Burchard and Thieme. but surprise...They won't play in ECH. Shame on you, Guidetti :white:

• Well, i´ve said it before and i´ll say it again. Guidetti´s idea of outside hitters is to have one on the field who is a better receiver than attacker (Beier and/or Matthes) and one who is better in attack than at reception (Grün and/or Brinker). So you´ll have either Beier with Grün or Brinker or Matthes with Grün or Brinker on the field.

What also makes me wonder is, why does he send one of the better players (Regi) during the last couple month home, when after the World Grand Prix he said, that the weak part of the team was attack. Instead he nominates another receiving player (Thomsen).

So, why not get Thomsen out, let only two players receive (Tzscherlich or Lenka with Beier and or Matthes), get Regi back on the team but keep her out of reception. This way she could concentrate on her attack and would be most effective. Same goes for Brinker. Keep Brinker out of reception.

The idea behind Lisa and Lenka: If something would happen to Tzscherlich, Guidetti needs Lenka to replace her. If Lenka would already play in Lisa´s place and Guidetti would have to bring Lisa in for Tzscherlich, it would weaken the libero position. As stupid as it may sound, but having Lenka watching from the outside actually shows, that Guidetti trusts her more of playin´ a whole game as libero (if something would happen to Tzscherlich) than he trusts Thomsen.

Update: Beier, out with a back injury, replaced by Burchardt!

• Heike Beier has two herniated discs, so the injury is quite serious. She got that diagnosis on Monday, before that she was told that it's a muscular problem and she hasn't trained properly for 3 weeks because of it. She told Guidetti that she would go with the team but she could play only as receiver and she can't jump, she even has pain while normally walking, but Guidetti decided that he'd rather take a healthy player (Burchardt) instead.
    This is what Heike Beier told the press, and she says she is very disappointed about Guidetti's statement that ECH doesn't seem very important for her.
    I really don't understand Guidetti, Beier has always done everything for the team and now he treats her like this :thumbdown:

• seems that not only in Polish NTs the medical care is not on the highest level :thumbdown: (two doctors didnt see the hernia or what?)

• Hope Germany find a better coach after this year. Poor Heike, I hope she is alright.

• Indeed, I dont understand why Guidetti gave that statment, really, really unnecessary!

Beier has always show her commitment with NT, always played.....so, I think Guidetti was really unlucky in his words, not to say worse.

• seems that not only in Polish NTs the medical care is not on the highest level :thumbdown: (two doctors didnt see the hernia or what?)

It's the same in Dutch NT...Medical staff underestimated Anne Buijs' injury totally...and because of that :!: she can't play ECH ..Also Wensink and Stam's injuries haven't been treated well (in the past).

• Very poor behaviour by Guidetti --> his statement about Beier :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• well, I'm not surprised. actually Guidetti treated Hanke just like that several times.
    I can't stand of his silly decisions like calling useless players (Mollers,Matthes,Thomsen and who do I miss?). in addition, his treatment is terrible.

• It's the same in Dutch NT...Medical staff underestimated Anne Buijs' injury totally...and because of that :!: she can't play ECH ..Also Wensink and Stam's injuries haven't been treated well (in the past).

Stam back injury is like soap opera - she is having it already from last summer no?

• thanks Sander message of the day :D

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• It's the biggest sports show in German TV so it's quite an honour that they were invited. Unfortunately the interview was mostly meaningless blabla. Grün says she returned to indoor VB because she missed the team spirit. In Beach Volley there's just you and your partner and nobody to help you out in hard times, and she's glad that the team helped her so much after her return and she also learned to take help from others, in the past she always was the one who was giving help to others.

• Thanks Sander!!!Great videos! :)

Very hard soccer challange..hehehe, cause Maggie si a good player, I remeber a friendly match Novara girls played against the soccer team of Novara, and Maggie made some goals..hehehehehehe

• @ Burak/Joana

you're welcome :)

@ Matthias

Indeed. The thing you mention was the only thing 'worth noticeable'. Especially the last part, about the skirt, was :wall:

• Danke schön Matthias..

Thanks Sander!!!Great videos! :)

Very hard soccer challange..hehehe, cause Maggie si a good player, I remeber a friendly match Novara girls played against the soccer team of Novara, and Maggie made some goals..hehehehehehe

:thumbsup:

I have uploaded videos on youtube.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Maggi Kozuch has been elected Player of the Year by the readers of Volleyball Magazin and volleyball.de :cup:
    Results (in brackets last year's rank):
    1. (1.) Margareta Kozuch (Sopot/POL) 31 %
    2. (–) Angelina Grün (Alemannia Aachen) 27 %
    3. (2.) Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR) 13 %
    4. (4.) Kathleen Weiß (Conegliano/ITA) 10 %
    5. (–) Maren Brinker (Pesaro/ITA) 6 %