Russia NT 2011

• Vekshina cannot play in ECH because she was not in the roster and now it is too late to make changes, so Kabeshova will go to ECH despite her injury. Also Daria Pisarenko will not play due to knee problems, Kosheleva might join the team but she is not in a state to play, she would be there as psychological support to the other players...
    Looks like Russia is in big trouble to find enough healthy players which are allowed to play and don't consider playing ECH below their level.

• Kosheleva will go to ECH but as a spectator. Tatiana will train with the team but won't play because our coaches don't want to risk her health and think that ECH is not that important competition to risk. Our coaches think that Tatiana will be very helpful for NT morale)))
    I don't know why our federation consider ECH to be not so important competition...Two best teams qualify for WC and participation in WC gives ranking points (the same as for OG), Russia already missed two last WC and will miss this one if won't qualify for ECH final. I seriously doubt Russia will play in ECH final according to their performance recently. I understand that Russia already won ECH 17 times but last time we won it was 10 years ago, in 2001. I want our officials to change their mind considering ECH tournament.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Vladimir Kuszyutkin is no longer Russa coach!! The anoucmente was made by the site sport-express.ru.

Acording to it the oficial anoucement will be made tomorrow. The contract of Kuszyutkin with Nt ended after the ECH, and no new agreement was made. The coach apperently think is the best for the team right now.

• Russia NT needs a coach who got a high volleyball vision.Hmm for example Alessandro Chiappini :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Sergei Ovchinnikov, from Dinamo Krasnodar, is the enw coach of Russia NT.

Looks like they also think about Dinamo's Kazan coach, but he had personal problems.

source: http://sport.ria.ru/

well it is only for an acting capacity...until december when the federation decides on who will be leading the team for the olympics.....and interestingly Karpol is among being considered

...it is only as an acting

• Russian NT roster for pre-Olympic Qualification.

Setters: Startseva, Ulyakina
    OPPs: Gamova, Goncharova
    OHs: Kosheleva, Sokolova, Makhno, Fateeva, Bukraeva
    Middles: Morozova, Borodakova, Perepelkina
    Libero: Kryuchkova

• World Champion Libero came back.
    But for that Tournament the Team shouldn't be so strong ;)

Fateeva again... :lol: :lol: I really wonder what all the Russian coaches like about her. She's not even young...27 yo this year.

on the other hand, nice to see back Kosheleva,Sokolova and Kryuchkova.

Fortunately no Merkulova and Kuzyakina :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game