Getting to know: Sebastian Swiderski

• Sebastian Swiderski is certainly one of the most popular Volleyball players in Poland. He is not simply one of the most decorated guys from the last decade, but also a real personality who is always very much appreciated for his kindness and extremely down-to-earth behavior. With this interview we are going to get to know what’s behind the scenes of the guy who this year represented Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE, the team that eventually finished second in the national league.

Have you got any other passions except Volleyball, any hobby?
    No, I do not have a real hobby since some time, but I like to surf the web and read about the Internet.

What is your favorite movie?
    A film that really moved my heart was “Gladiator”, as it shows the truth about our life, as one can fell from the top right to the very bottom, however, you still have the chance to stand up again and become someone.

Which movie would you not recommend and why?
    Everyone has got his or her favorite movies. It finally depends only on your preferences and what you like.

Which actor and actress do you like the most?
    I definitely love Russell Crowe from “Gladiator”. As for actresses, there are many that I like and they are all special in their own way.

What is your favorite book?
    I have lately read a nice comedy titled “Przygody Jakuba Wedrowycza” (transl. “The Adventures of Jakub Wedrowycz”). It was a nice, easy, funny and entertaining book, but I would strongly discourage the youth to familiarize with it.

What is your favorite music?
    Recently I have been mostly listening to rock music of Polish bands.

Which is the CD you play more regularly?
    There is no such a CD in my daily life because I have spent 7 years in Italy and there I had no chance to buy CDs from Poland, but now as I came back to my home country I am trying to catch up with everything. Unfortunately, there is not much time for listening to music because of our intensive training sessions and match schedule.

Which are the websites that you visit more frequently?
    The ones devoted to Volleyball, obviously.

Is there any TV program (series, film) or radio you could not live without?
    I could live only one day without listening to or watching the latest news. I am very much interested in what is happening all over the world, therefore, I try to follow all this as closely as possible.
    source: PZPS/CEV