2011 Asian Men's Championships

• Risultati 2° giornata (22 settembre)
    Pool A
    Taipei - Iran 0-3 (15-25, 24-26, 17-25)
    Top Scorer: a seguire

India - Afghanistan 3-0 (25-9, 25-13, 25-11)

Classifica
    Iran 6
    India 5
    Taipei 1
    Afghanistan 0

Pool B
    Indonesia - Cina 0-3 (22-25, 19-25, 14-25)
    Top Scorer: Rizal 13, Rudi 7, Andri 6, Seganti 6; Zhong Weijun 11, Chen Ping 10, Yuan Zhi 9, Zhang Chen 9

Uzbekistan - Sri Lanka 0-3 (21-25, 13-25, 22-25)

Classifica
    Cina 6
    Indonesia 3
    Sri Lanka 3
    Uzbekistan 0

Pool C

Pakistan - Giappone 2-3 (20-25, 28-26, 25-21, 16-25, 5-15)

Kazakhstatn - Thailandia 3-2 (25-13, 18-25, 22-25, 25-20, 15-12)

Classifica
    Giappone 5
    Pakistan 3
    Kazakhstan 3
    Thailandia 1

Pool D
    Australia - Qatar 3-0 (25-20, 25-18, 25-21)
    Top Scorer: Yudin 18, White 11, Edgar 9, Zingel 8; Al-Obaidan 12, Mohamed Jumah 7, Salami Moses 5

Korea - Turkmenistan 3-0 (25-17, 25-16, 25-15)

Classifica
    Australia 5
    Korea 4
    Qatar 3
    Turkmenistan 0

• Oh.. my.. God...

India beat Japan in Asian Games too ! but Japan beat China (Quarterfinal), Korea (Semifinal) and Iran (Final) and won the gold :D so We can't underestimate them.

India has a good match-up with Japan and Korea, but still it was a big surprise.

now all Iran needs is a 3-0 win against Pakistan to avoid all 3 big teams in quarterfinal ! then we can field our reserves against Japan tomorrow ;)

what a match between China and Korea :super:

• Quarterfinals :

Iran - Sri Lanka
    Korea - Japan
    Australia - Pakistan
    China - India

top 4 teams (excluding Japan) will advance to the Olympic Qualifier. so this quarterfinal round has double importance.

• China India 2725 2520 2520

Korea Japan 2521 2830 2325 2517 1614

Iran Sri Lanka 2516 2518

• no surprise, Iran, Korea, China and Australia alongside hosts Japan qualify for Asian Olympic Qualifiers in Japan.

today, JAP-KOR match was really interesting. but a weird decision by Qatari referees changed the fate of the match. Japan was leading 11-10 (if i'm not wrong) in 5th set and a Japanese player Fukuzawa spiked to the face of a Korean and scored. but surprisingly he got a yellow card and refs gave the point to Korea ! and actually that point changed the match. :what: that wasn't intentional at all

Semifinals:
    Australia - China
    Iran - Korea

crunch time for Iran :evil: Korea is the most dangerous team for Iran in this tournament, their head coach Park Ki-Won is a former Iran NT head coach, he coached Iran for 4 years (2002-2005) and he knows Iranian volleyball quite well.

if Cameroon or Egypt finish second in African Champs (which is highly possible) only China can qualify for World Cup as runner-up from Asia. AUS,IRN and KOR are ranked below these 2 in FIVB World Ranks

• Thanks for keeping us updated, mate! :drink:

• today, JAP-KOR match was really interesting. but a weird decision by Qatari referees changed the fate of the match. Japan was leading 11-10 (if i'm not wrong) in 5th set and a Japanese player Fukuzawa spiked to the face of a Korean and scored. but surprisingly he got a yellow card and refs gave the point to Korea ! and actually that point changed the match. that wasn't intentional at all

:what: :what: If that would have happened in Italy, I guess the next time it would have been an intentional head-shot :whistle:

Semifinals:
    Australia - China
    Iran - Korea

Go Australiaa!

BTW, it' so strange, I thought Japan, China, Iran, Korea would have been the semifinalists, and Iran-Korea the finalist... it's a pity that only one between Iran and Korea will be in the final... Go Velasco!!

if Cameroon or Egypt finish second in African Champs (which is highly possible) only China can qualify for World Cup as runner-up from Asia. AUS,IRN and KOR are ranked below these 2 in FIVB World Ranks

O__________O I didn't realized that AT ALL. I was sure Iran and Korea were both higher than Cameroon :what: And I predicted they would have both joined the WC...

• Asian matches are weak and boring. China vs India was of very low level and I can't imagine that it were a quarterfinal, especially compared with ECh.
    Today will be the semifinal. I hope the two matches are spectacular enough, or I would really lose my confidence in Asian men's volleyball.

• China Australia 2520 2523 2025 2225 1511

Korea Iran 2521 2325 1425 2025

If Iran gets Silver will play in the World Cup, right?

• Thanks for keeping us updated, mate! :drink:

u r welcome :thumbsup:

If Iran gets Silver will play in the World Cup, right?

no, both Cameroon and Egypt are better than Iran in World Ranking. but China is already qualified.

O__________O I didn't realized that AT ALL. I was sure Iran and Korea were both higher than Cameroon :what: And I predicted they would have both joined the WC...

because they advanced to the second round in World Champs unlike Iran and Korea (Korea even didn't qualify), damn we almost beat Italy :D

Go Australiaa!

BTW, it' so strange, I thought Japan, China, Iran, Korea would have been the semifinalists, and Iran-Korea the finalist... it's a pity that only one between Iran and Korea will be in the final... Go Velasco!!

Yes. I thought the same about Iran, Japan and Korea, but Australia was the 4th team in my prediction but now China is in final !!
    Japan's second round loss to India changed everything. otherwise they could advance to the final from other side of the table. also Korea lost to Australia in first day and you know the first match is always so tough.

What an atmosphere in stadium it was ! Iran just couldn't lose with this one in front of 12000 fans. Iran had a very bad start and got schooled by Korea in first set. score was close just because Korea had 8 Serve errors in 1st set. but Koreans didn't stay on that level very long.