World Cup 2011

• Cuba-Italy 2-1
    very good match from both sides but Italy's offensive game is so predictable everything goes to either Lasko or Savani, Cuba reception is really good considering how strong Italians serve is. one more set Cuba :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• "Can you hear the drums, Fernando...?" :whistle: :D

One point less for Italians...

After this serve in the middle of the third set, when one Cuban received it badly and another Cuban ran and stopped just in front of the tables watching the ball landing I couldn't help thinking about Kubiak who would jump on this table and hit it back on the court :P

• Actually, I'm overall impressed with how Cuba's playing. I didn't watch their other matches in this tournament, but judging by the results and by what I saw them playing in the Pan American Games, I expected Italy to have an easier time against them.

Also, despite not receiving that well in the 2nd set, their level of reception hasn't been that bad so far. They could improve more especially their setting. But if they're able to keep an ok reception, they can beat Italy, cause they don't need as much as their opponents a great level of reception. Obviously, they can't afford to suck at it, as well.

But I'm surprised Italy's not making more of their serves. They've been serving really well in this tournament. Maybe against cubans, floating serves could work better.

• Black listed coaches:
    1. Bernardo Rezende
    2. Andrea Anastazi
    3. Igor Kolakovic
    4. Javier Weber
    The list of unfair-play coaches will continue to grow, to stop volleyball from getting popular

raylight, Stop it man!
    Weber only rested his main players, he didn't play to lose. In the same way Prandi rested our titulars against Brazil in WCH. Don't you think that there is a factor called tiredness in such long competitions? And Argentina aren't a team that can allow itself a match with the reserves if he wants a 100% win like against Iran, Japan, China etc.

• Cuba takes 3 points :super: great stuff from Cuban spectacular Hernandez and Leon, really stable reception and very good defense - i had a feelig they might puul off some suprises and everybody score them out after very first perfomrnace against Poland, good stuff we Poles are greatful for taking 3 points away from Italy :D now win with Russia and i will be overjoyed :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Bravo Cuba! Nice match, really! They played with full involvment, showed some great actions. My MIP was Fernando Hernandez, but he's always impressive, so it really doens't make any difference whether he gets this pink thing or not. True leader!
    Great performance, it was a totally different Cuba and unfortunately different Italy. Sometimes they were really sluggish and kinda absent. Too bad.

Michał seems to be so tired, don't you think? :S

He seemed to be absent sometimes.

• What? Diaz? Fernando should take a funny pink thing! He's a man of today.

I can't be so happy with the victory over Italians as much as I should be. When I was watching the end of this match I was rather sad. Drago and Mastro sitting on the bench with no hope saddened me. I couldn't cheer for Italians 'cause they're our biggest rivals but I couldn't cheer to end for Cubans as well. That's why I'm so heartbroken.

Awful day, today. I'm rather in a poor mood. Although, I'm happy because of our 3 points.
    And I have to congratulate Cubans, they deserved for this victory. I think that for Italians weaker day just came...

• Good work by Poland, although they didn't convince today, Jarosz with great game, this guy is not bad opposite :)
    Italy lost the match and gave Brazil clear path to the Olympics, I was rooting for them, for all European teams, but they couldn't handle Cuba without Simon. Zaytsev didn't show what he is capable of, Parodi is not in form
    Triglav, just see what USA are doing - the others need to have a little shame. What happened today is criminal, not just unfair. Volleyball loses money from bullshits like this and I will not stop repeating this, even if the mafia sends me a killer for breakfast ;)
    Olja, Bella, :drink:

• What? Diaz? Fernando should take a funny pink thing! He's a man of today.

I can't be so happy with the victory over Italians as much as I should be. When I was watching the end of this match I was rather sad. Drago and Mastro sitting on the bench with no hope saddened me. I couldn't cheer for Italians 'cause they're our biggest rivals but I couldn't cheer to end for Cubans as well. That's why I'm so heartbroken.

Awful day, today. I'm rather in a poor mood. Although, I'm happy because of our 3 points.
    And I have to congratulate Cubans, they deserved for this victory. I think that for Italians weaker day just came...

Not a nice feeling to see Italians defeated and sad, indeed, but that's just the way sport is. Someone has to be the winner, and this time it was Cuba. I'm not gonna say that I'm depressed because of this defeat of Berruto's boys, I'm a little bit sad, 'cause I like them, but of course I always put our guys first, so in such situation I obviously cheered for Cuba. If this match wouldn't affect us in any way I would be probably totally indifferent, I would be satisfied anyway.

Bad day had to come. I'm sure they will get themselves together before facing us.

• What should I say... I don't know. We won, but it wasn't great match in Poland's performance. Anastasi had to change whole players, again. It's quite interesting, that in all matches we need to play, after lose first set, with the other 'six'. I'm just worried about Kubiak - after his visit in hospital he can't back to great shape. Because of that, Winiarski can't stay in bench to risk and stay. Of course, I see, that someone of you said, that we won because of Chen(?)'s injury, yeah, maybe. But it's not our faul, polish players fault and chinese players fault.
    Just we need to be happy of our victory. It wasn't easy. It wasn't.

I don't know, that I should be happy of Italy's lose, but I think, that I should.

• Good work by Poland, although they didn't convince today, Jarosz with great game, this guy is not bad opposite :)
    Italy lost the match and gave Brazil clear path to the Olympics, I was rooting for them, for all European teams, but they couldn't handle Cuba without Simon. Zaytsev didn't show what he is capable of, Parodi is not in form
    Triglav, just see what USA are doing - the others need to have a little shame. What happened today is criminal, not just unfair. Volleyball loses money from bullshits like this and I will not stop repeating this, even if the mafia sends me a killer for breakfast ;)
    Olja, Bella, :drink:

Cheers raylight ;) :drink:

We're not convincing since our match against Iran :D It lasts way too long now. We were kinda unprepared for these matches, as probably Martee pointed out. Now we finally won't face any Asian teams, but...it totally doesn't mean our upcoming matches will be easier for us in any way. Totally not, honestly I would be more than surprised if we wouldn't lose a point/match/whatever.

• Not a nice feeling to see Italians defeated and sad, indeed, but that's just the way sport is. Someone has to be the winner, and this time it was Cuba. I'm not gonna say that I'm depressed because of this defeat of Berruto's boys, I'm a little bit sad, 'cause I like them, but of course I always put our guys first, so in such situation I obviously cheered for Cuba. If this match wouldn't affect us in any way I would be probably totally indifferent, I would be satisfied anyway.

Bad day had to come. I'm sure they will get themselves together before facing us.

oh girls!! today italian guys played bad.... i'm so angry and sad :/
    congrats to cuba, they played well, they were on every ball, and simply deserved to win

and i'm happy for poland too!! :D

• Congrats to Cuba, this was perhaps their best performance up to now...
    Their impressive psysical strenght and resilience may become a plus factor when approaching the final rounds.
    But they also showed improved reception and defence as well, thus allowing better attacks. Hernadez had a great day, today.

From now on CUB must be considered a serious contender to the podium; but still they must meet -in a row - BRA and RUS , not to mention USA...
    They may be sure to get 6 more points (chi+egy), this would not be enough.

This defeat may not be a drama for ITA, we may still compete until the end for a ticket to London.
    Of course we can't afford any more losses; yet I still consider my home country in a better position as respect to POL, who will end with a terrible streak USA-ITA-BRA-RUS.
    Should POL survive this ordeal, I would bow to them and sing their praises..

Anyway, Forza Azzurri !! :wavy:

• Not a nice feeling to see Italians defeated and sad, indeed, but that's just the way sport is. Someone has to be the winner, and this time it was Cuba. I'm not gonna say that I'm depressed because of this defeat of Berruto's boys, I'm a little bit sad, 'cause I like them, but of course I always put our guys first, so in such situation I obviously cheered for Cuba. If this match wouldn't affect us in any way I would be probably totally indifferent, I would be satisfied anyway.

Honestly, you're both should be happy of this score, because of Poland. But I understand you. I'm really happy of this match, I would be happy of Brazil's lose, if it could help Poland, so :lol: I'm just pretty sad of Lasko. Thanks God, that Savani started to play(I guess, because I didn't watch Italy's match, except with Brazil), about which Bella(?) was worried.