Fenerbahce Universal 2011/12

• Police used pepper gas and one fan’s foot was broken as Fenerbahçe fans welcomed the women’s volleyball team after their European Champions League victory.

A group of Fenerbahçe fans were at Sabiha Gökçen Airport in Istanbul to welcome the team, who claimed the top honor in European volleyball after beating RC Cannes in three straight sets (25-14, 25-22, 25-20) in the final in Baku, Azerbaijan, after midnight on March 25

“I saw it with my own eyes, police hit a fan who was trying to give her club scarf to the team,” Fenerbahçe Universal passer Naz Aydemir tweeted on her personal account. “That was how it started; there was no provocation [from the fans] before that.”

Doğan news agency said a 12-year-old female fan suffered a broken foot after being hit by the police, who also used pepper gas to disperse the crowd.

Fenerbahçe fans took to social media to call Istanbul Chief of Police Hüseyin Çapkın to resign, using the hashtag #istanbulemniyetmuduruistifa (Istanbul chief of police, resign). The hashtag became a top worldwide trend on the microblogging website.

Fenerbahçe Universal’s middle blocker Duygu Bal also wrote on her Twitter account the police attacked on the team bus as well.

“We condemn [the police intervention],” Fenerbahçe’s middle blocker Duygu Bal wrote on her Twitter account. “Looking down on those people [being hit by police] overshadowed the best moment of my life. … I haven’t seen anything like that! First they tried to protect us then they attempted to attack our bus! Shame on them!”

Naz Aydemir added the team was affected by the pepper gas as well.

“It was not easy to breathe after the gas entered the bus through the air conditioning,” Aydemir said. “It was as if we brought a terrorist to the country!”

Source: Hurriyetdailynews

:down:

All cops are bastard :box:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Players from Fenerbahçe’s women’s volleyball team yesterday attended a hearing in the football match-fixing case in which the club’s chairman, Aziz Yıldırım, is being tried as a suspect.

Coach Ze Roberto and members of the team Fenerbahçe Universal arrived at the hearing at the Çağlayan Courthouse in Istanbul with the CEV European Champions League trophy they won on March 25, to demonstrate their support for the jailed chairman. Speaking after the final game, the team’s captain, Seda Tokatlıoğlu, said the team would take the trophy to Yıldırım.

The head judge in the case, Mehmet Ekinci, did not allow the trophy to be brought into the courthouse for security reasons, and it was left on the team’s bus, but the players did greet a highly-emotional Yıldırım, CNN Türk reported.

This was the second day in the second round of match-fixing hearings. A total of 93 officials, players and coaches are listed as suspects in the case, which was opened after the Istanbul police found that more than a dozen games in last year’s Turkish championship had allegedly been manipulated. Yıldırım is among 16 suspects being held in jail pending trial.

Some suspects who are not jailed also testified yesterday, but the moments when Yıldırım took the stand were the highlights of the hearing. “This case is not about cleansing football. If it were, I wouldn’t be the only one here, the entire football world would be tried,” CNN Türk quoted Yıldırım as saying. “I will prove on Thursday that Trabzonspor [the runner-up to Fener in last year’s championship] administrators were aware that we were being wiretapped.”

Most Fener fans believe the case is a plot to dethrone Aziz Yıldırım, arguably the most influential man in Turkish football, in order to take over the club administration.

Source: Hurriyetdailynews

Photos are here http://www.fenerbahce.org/fb2008/detay.asp?ContentID=28536

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Sad story :down: :down: :down:

• Bown is with Logan on the 3rd video.. ?

• They have the same way of celebrating the victory! :thumbsup:
    I am surprised seeing that players of the other teams have the "right" to participate, that's great ! :drink:

• I think she came to see Logan and she is just a guest :D

• So they are nice with Logan to allow her to come with an old friend :thumbsup:

• Excellent Team Work, Extra-Ordinarily Successful Players and Unique Supporters.
    I call Fenerbahçe Universal as Dream Team.
    Congratulations...

• Sokolova is sitting on the same table as Tom, Bown and Ze Roberto.

In third video, she is at Bown's left.

The eagle eye...