CEV Cup 2011/12

• I could just watch Golden Set, but as expected Yama is a better team over all! Congrats Busto Very deserved! :super:

For all the season the team is making they deserved this victory!

I love this song from Busto fans, "Yama, Lets Go!" :)

• Congratulations Busto, they showed us how important team play to won the cup, anyway im sorry for only Lo Bianco :(

• Congrats Busto! Meijners did a great job today and was the key for Busto. Marcon and Dal'lora do a great job as role players on service reception and blocking. Lloyd for MVP! :)

• Congrats to both teams. Busto has already done big job in Italy and this cev cup taken shows their quality. As for Gs, they killed themselves, i think. A team especially playing a final game shouldn't make so many stupid mistakes to reach the aim. I couldn't even count their serve errors.

I have to say again, this competition system is not fair, really. If second game was played in Turkey, then the team winning the cup could be different. Atmosphere in these kind of games means a lot, especially in women sports.

Congrats to both teams again. :drink:

• If second game was played in Turkey, then the team winning the cup could be different.

If teams were playing with full squads, even the match-up in Istanbul would not have been close. GS had a good season but was far too reliant on Calderon. Good season to them, but Busto was clearly the much better team. :cup:

• If teams were playing with full squads, even the match-up in Istanbul would not have been close. GS had a good season but was far too reliant on Calderon. Good season to them, but Busto was clearly the much better team. :cup:

Yeah, i watched both of the final matches. Busto also showed their quality in the first game, but Gs still managed to come back and take the game. But anyway this is not the time to discuss. :) :drink:

Edit: Gs will need surely some quality players to win Cev Cup or to participate in Champions League.

• Congrats Busto!!!! :super: :super:
    Amazing Bauer! Amazing Lloyd! and Amazing Fans, the reals winners of this cup!!!! :obey: :obey: :cheesy: :super:

Busto's supporters! :obey: :obey: :obey:

If teams were playing with full squads, even the match-up in Istanbul would not have been close. GS had a good season but was far too reliant on Calderon. Good season to them, but Busto was clearly the much better team. :cup:

Totally Agree!!!

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Well, Meijners is playing pretty good today but as c4ndlelight said, Helena is better in digging and receiving, clearly better. Cant really say Floortje is better than Helena in any aspect really. She is also the biggest leader of the team for me at least, so I think she defenility is missing but its just in my opinion.

Agree. Floortje substitutes her well, but Havelkova is indeed a better player. Besides Havelkova is indivudually better, she also gives more balance to the team, since she receives while Floortje doesn't.

• I really would like to know the opinions from the board members about the golden set !

For me its good, its better than the old system, with winning only sets !! The only alternative is maybe looking to the points each team scored, but the golden set is nevertheless better, Its also better than having a third match. I know there is a big advantage for the home-team, but thats sport imo. If you want to win you have to win

• I'm very disappointed of the way Calderon played today.... Leo was (is and will always be) absolutely fantastic! Her reception was very bad but with her sets, she puts her hitters to have almost the same % as busto's one but yama's rice was tooooooo much better! Leo :cup: :white: :obey:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I really would like to know the opinions from the board members about the golden set !

For me its good, its better than the old system, with winning only sets !! The only alternative is maybe looking to the points each team scored, but the golden set is nevertheless better, Its also better than having a third match. I know there is a big advantage for the home-team, but thats sport imo. If you want to win you have to win

I personally hate the golden set-formula. I prefer an other system (sets or points ratio to be decisive).

For me its good, its better than the old system, with winning only sets !! The only alternative is maybe looking to the points each team scored, but the golden set is nevertheless better, Its also better than having a third match in case of tie. I know there is a big advantage for the home-team, but thats sport imo. If you want to win you have to win

In general I like Golden Set rule for elimination matches, it is better than set ratio or points ratio, and 3rd match means a lot of travel costs and fatigue for the players. But for a final match I don't think Golden Set is suitable. It should be either one pure final match (for example within Final Four tournament) or a best of three series, but then again this means a lot of travelling etc. So from economic perspective, Golden Set is a good solution, but I think for a final economics should not be first priority.

• I personally hate the golden set-formula. I prefer an other system (sets or points ratio to be decisive).

yes, but on the other side, if a team wins first match 3-0, and needs to win 1 set in the second match. After winning that 1 set in 2nd match, the match will not be exciting anymore , and thats sad for the spectators actually !

• yes, but on the other side, if a team wins first match 3-0, and needs to win 1 set in the second match. After winning that 1 set in 2nd match, the match will not be exciting anymore , and thats sad for the spectators actually !

Agree, concerning spectators, but it is at least a fair :!: system...while golden set isn't in my opinion

• Guys I was checking CEV site, and do you guys knows If this information is correct? Italy seems to have a big hegemony in CEV's Cup!

I was looking in their history, and I checked till back season 97/98, got lazy to go further..hehe

ALL victories for Italian teams!

11/12 - Busto
    10/11 - Urbino
    09/10 - Busto
    08/09 - Novara
    07/08 - Pesaro
    06/07 - Perugia
    05/06 - Pesaro
    04/05 - Perugia
    03/04 - Bergamo
    02/03 - Novara
    01/02 - Modena
    00/01 - Vicenza
    99/00 - Reggio calabria
    98/99 - Napoli
    97/98 - Reggio Emilia

Do u guys know If is true, or if there is a mistake?

• I hate golden set too

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.