Universiade 2011

• who knows ?! :huh:

30 years ago an oldman said something and some idiots are still following it.
    even if we accept Israel as an enemy, (Iranian teams played many times against Iraqi teams during that bloody 8 years war 1980-88) still nobody knows what's the benefit of forfeiting match against them !!?? ironically it happens mostly in sports that Iran is much superior and can win easily !

Once, Persian emperor freed the jewish people from Babylon and gave them money to rebuild the temple of Solomon. Persian empire was state without slavery, unlike Sparta, the biggest slave city in Greece, the most cruel and with no art, poetry or beauty whatsoever. Where is this attitude now?

• Did anyone manage to record any games from this tournament? I know that Eurosport 2 broadcast one game almost every day. In rutracker there is only one - Russia vs. Ukraine, but in the group phase, they played in the final later on. It was an interesting and strange tournament, I watched some games between China, Switzerland, Russia, Czech Republic, USA and Ukraine. From all these teams maybe only Canada and USA called up university players indeed because they simply don't have any other :D Russia played with an entirely professional squad of players who, I guess, have never even been close to a university. They were not the only team, of course. Brazil also had a full squad of profis, I am not sure about the entire Czech team, but if their opposite was Jakub Rybnicek (not sure of the guy's first name), then they also did it. Menzel from the USA is an explosive spiker who reminds me of Priddy, he might arrive in Europe, I think he would be a good signing if scouts have been watching.

• Rybnicek got his master's degree two years ago, but he's a postgrad. student, so I guess it's legit. Being a lazy person and playing abroad, he may stay student for a few more years ;-)

• Rybnicek got his master's degree two years ago, but he's a postgrad. student, so I guess it's legit. Being a lazy person and playing abroad, he may stay student for a few more years ;-)

haha, a very cool remark, thanks for sharing! I don't know the rest of the Czech team, he is the only one more famous to me, in this case I can agree :) Even 2-3 players is OK, but an entire team seems a bit desperate..