South American Championship 2011

• I think they were giving them some minutes ago because I read on twitter that Dante won best spiker, but that is all....

LOL do you really see us italians like brasilians? :lol: maybe that's why I can't stand brasilians (in volleyball, at least. Before volleyball I was actually more into brasilians than argentinians) LOL

• I think they were giving them some minutes ago because I read on twitter that Dante won best spiker, but that is all....

LOL do you really see us italians like brasilians? :lol: maybe that's why I can't stand brasilians (in volleyball, at least. Before volleyball I was actually more into brasilians than argentinians) LOL

Forgive me, but yes, when I see Italians I see Brazilians. Maybe your players are more calm, but coach Beruto not :lol: :lol:

• Forgive me, but yes, when I see Italians I see Brazilians. Maybe your players are more calm, but coach Beruto not :lol: :lol:

I am not fan of Berruto too. He is not like Anastazi, but he said bad words before match Bulgaria - Italy in World League, towards our team and its level, so he is not in my heart

• I am not fan of Berruto too. He is not like Anastazi, but he said bad words before match Bulgaria - Italy in World League, towards our team and its level, so he is not in my heart

Yeah, me in the club, not a big fan of Berruto as well. Btw, what did he say about Bulgaria?

Forgive me, but yes, when I see Italians I see Brazilians. Maybe your players are more calm, but coach Beruto not

haha don't worry, sometimes I don't like Berruto too.. you can't get upset like that all the time :/

aaaanyway for the indivual prices this pic speaks for itself I guess :lol:

bigger version: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/imgnoticia/org/26284.jpg

I'm happy for Solè but he doesn't look so happy though, lol poor Seba.

• Accurately the same smile of Luciano. :rolll:
    I'm also happy for Sole's best blocker award. He was very close to this title in the World League. :lol: Now he has one.

• Wow, I'm impressed, Sergio won the prize as best spiker!!!!! :lol:

Who is the guys on the right (my right, their left)? Did he won the best serve? And what about the MVP, is one of them?

De Cecco totally rocks!!!!! :obey: :obey:

I'm also happy for Sole's best blocker award. He was very close to this title in the World League. Now he has one

I thought exactly the same!!! Unfortunally it didn't happen the same for Facu..

• that guy is from Venezuela xD

MVP – Sergio Santos (Brazil)
    Best digger – Sergio Santos (Brazil)
    Best receiver – Sergio Santos (Brazil)
    Best setter – Luciano De Cecco (Argentina)
    Best spiker – Dante Amaral (Brazil)
    Best server – Kervin Pinerua (Venezuela)
    Best blocker – Sebastian Sole (Argentina)

congrats to Sergio :O

• Sergio :white:

Curious, also Cuba libero at the NORCECA won MVP, best digger, best receiver!

• :obey: :obey:
    De Cecco show again, that he's better than Bruno. I didn't watched this tournament(just "final"), and I try to believe, that Sergio was the best in three category. Impressive.
    But Argentina should be happy, 'cause they are in World Cup. It was so easy. European teams have harder.

Sergio, my dear, show this game in Sesi :)

• SIDAOOOOOOOOOOOOO :obey: :flower: What an ace at the end! :woohoo:

Why, God, why I couldn't watch it? :wall:
    ;(

I am not fan of Berruto too. He is not like Anastazi, but he said bad words before match Bulgaria - Italy in World League, towards our team and its level, so he is not in my heart

:rolll:
    Sorry! But it's so funny for me :D

aaaanyway for the indivual prices this pic speaks for itself I guess :lol:

Sole in flip-flops on his foot :lol: I love this guy! :P

• It was an interesting match. Technically, not great, but it had its moments. Too bad both teams pretty much couldn't count on their opposites. All four (Wallace, Pereyra, Théo and Giustiniano) weren't very good. OH's, on the other hand, were superb. All 4. I was pleasantly surprised with Quiroga, he was awesome today. And DeCecco, very very impressive! He's a lot better than both current brazilian setters. In the end, I think Argentina suffered more the lack of a good opposite to help the team, cause despite having good MB's and an amazing setter, their MB's are not as good as the brazilian ones. And also they made a lot of serving errors. That killed them in the 3rd set.

About the mess in the 3rd set, what happened was that Bernardo was complaining that Sole was rubbing the ball in his sweaty shirt, when he was ready to serve, so that'd make the ball wet and more difficult to receive. The replay showed that again and again. In fact, I think he was, but not with bad intentions. I think he was just distracted. Anyway, the atmosphere in these types of games is always heated. Remember the semifinal of the WL? In spite of that, I think both teams respect each other a lot. Murilo said very kind words towards Weber at the end of the match, appreciating all those years he spent in brazilian volleyball, both as player and coach, and all his contributions.

I think the teams were both hurt for the lack of other strong opponents. I'm confident they'll be able to display better game during the WC. I appreciate very much the style of both these teams and even knowing it'll be hard for Argentina to grab one of the spots, I'll be rooting for them as well, cause they have a lovely style of play. :drink:

Too bad both teams pretty much couldn't count on their opposites. All four (Wallace, Pereyra, Théo and Giustiniano) weren't very good

Giustiniano isn't actually an opposite... during the WL he substituted Conte in a couple of matches, their 2nd opposite should be Castellani but I guess that Weber thought that he's too young and he would get too emotional (..if that is the right word haha), I don't know...

And also they made a lot of serving errors. That killed them in the 3rd set.

also in the first one, they did 10 serving errors :O they were definitely too nervous... and also playing against Brasil in Brasil must be the worst thing ever :lol: at least next time they're playing against each other in Japan...

bella the full match is on youtube if you want to watch it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=JYs1VvGGqlY

• Why, God, why I couldn't watch it? :wall:
    ;(

You should regret, it was amazing to see Sidao in performance like yesterday, in my opinion, he played very good, especially in block(as I remember). In attack - well, setters didn't gave him a lot of balls, I will say, that they could give him many, many more. But this ace at the matchball... Ball danced on the tape and fell into the Argentinians court :heart:
    But Elisewin gave you a link to this match, so have fun :drink:

Bruno has not played !So it is difficult to make comparisons ...

Really? So why I saw him yesterday? 8|