South American Championship 2011

• Nice to see Thiago Alves back :thumbup: I'm sad because of Gustavo and Giba. Gustavo 'cause I simply love this guy, and Giba 'cause he is such a good spirit in his team. About Vissotto I'm not so surprised 'cause he played rather poor on WL.

Ivan Castellani? I'm very curious of his performance. He's so young... Actually, all the team is young. Look at those dates of birth ^^

• Risultati e classifiche
    19 settembre
    Argentina - Cile 3-0
    (25-23, 25-21, 25-16)
    Argentina: Conte 14, Quiroga 6, Solé 11, Pereyra 12, Crer 7, De Cecco 3, Alexis González (L). All: Javier Weber
    Cile: Grimalt R. 1, Parraguirre Tomás 1, Parraguirre Matías 6, Martínez 3, Gevert 14, Giuria 8, Papagallo (L); Parraguirre Vicente 1, Bonacic, Orrego, Pesenti 5. All: Daniel Nejamkin

Brasile - Uruguay 3-0 (25-10, 25-10, 25-14)
    Top Scorer: Thiago Alves 16
    Brasile: Bruno, Theo, Lucas, Rodrigão, Thiago Alves, João Paulo Bravo, Serginho (L).
    Uruguay: Vazquez, Postiglioni, Santiago, Cairus, Bonnet, Martinez, Francoise (L); Karlen e Carambula.
    All: Rafael Codina

Venezuela - Colombia 2-3 (17-25, 27-25, 25-17, 26-28, 10-15)

Riposa: Paraguay

• So Ivan didn't play. He's surely a tourist.
    I've followed Ivan, Facundo and Luciano on twitter and everyday the three kids chat with each other happily....
    Ah.. Kids!

• So no real opponent for Argentina and Brasil one more time.

What did you expect?

I would be extremly glad if for the first time Argentina will be able to beat Brazil. Both because I cheers for Argentina and because and because it would be an historical event considering how it always ended the South American Chamionship...

But of course volleyball can be unpredictable some times.

20 settembre
    Argentina - Colombia 3-0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-20)
    Argentina: Conte 8, Quiroga 6, Sole 6, Pereyra 16, Crer 6, De Cecco 8, Gonzalez (L); Castellani 1, Uriarte 0. Non entrati: Blanco Costa, Ocampo, Giustiniano. All: Weber.
    Colombia: Jimenez 17, Ambuila 2, Herrera 3, Chury 5, Mosquera 0, Viafara 13, Quiroz (L); Mosquena 1, Rivas 2, Salamanca 0. Non entrati: Renteria, Venegas. All: Dileo.

Uruguay - Paraguay 0-3 (22-25, 22-25, 24-26)
    Uruguay: Vazquez 3, Postiglioni 9, Santiago 10, Cairus 13, Bonnet 5, Martinez 1, Francoise (L); Karlen 0, Carambulla 0, Colina 3. Non entrati: Acosta, Michelena. All: Codina.
    Paraguay: José Gaona 10, Bogado 2, Riveros 14, Jorge Gaona 7, Ortiz 11, Gamarra 13, Brizuela (L); Pankratz 0, Martinez 0. Non entrati: Jorgee, Sanabria, Mendoza. All: Heyn.

Brasile - Cile 3-0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-10)
    Brasile: Wallace Martins 11, Sidao 8, Murilo 13, Lucas 7, Marlon 2, Dante 10, Sergio (L). Non entrati: Bruninho, Theo, Rodrigao, Thiago Alves, Bravo. All: Bernardinho.
    Cile: Grimalt 3, T.Parraguirre 3, M.Parraguirre 3, V.Parraguirre 6, Gevert 8, Giuria 1, Papagallo (L); Lopez 2, Orrego 0, Bonicic 1, Pesenti 1. Non entrato: Martinez. All: Nejamkin.

Riposa: Venezuela

Classifica (won-lost)
    Brasile 4 (2-0)
    Argentina 4 (2-0)
    Colombia 3 (1-1)
    Paraguay 2 (1-0)
    Cile 2 (0-2)
    Uruguay 2 (0-2)
    Venezuela 1 (0-1)

(I hate that they give 2 points for the victory and 1 point if you lost. Why the hell you deserve a point if you lose 3-0??????)

• (I hate that they give 2 points for the victory and 1 point if you lost. Why the hell you deserve a point if you lose 3-0??????)

because they at least join the game :)

20 settembre
    Argentina - Colombia 3-0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-20)
    Argentina: Conte 8, Quiroga 6, Sole 6, Pereyra 16, Crer 6, De Cecco 8, Gonzalez (L); Castellani 1, Uriarte 0. Non entrati: Blanco Costa, Ocampo, Giustiniano. All: Weber.
    Colombia: Jimenez 17, Ambuila 2, Herrera 3, Chury 5, Mosquera 0, Viafara 13, Quiroz (L); Mosquena 1, Rivas 2, Salamanca 0. Non entrati: Renteria, Venegas. All: Dileo.

Luciano with 8 points :white: What a guy...

• 3rd day:

Brazil - Paraguay 3:0(25:10, 25:14, 25:11)
    Brazil: Wallace (6), Sidao (9), Murilo (6), Rodrigao (10), Marlon (1), Dante (13), Sergio (L), Bruno Rezende (2), Theo Lopes (6), Joao Paulo Bravo (5)
    Paragwaj: Gaona José (9), Bogado, Riveros (1), Gaona Jorge (2), Ortiz (1), Gamarra, Brizuela (L) oraz Pankratz, Jorgee, Martínez Sinforiano (3), Sanabria, Mendoza (3)

Argentina – Uruguay 3:0 (25:14, 25:16, 25:21)
    Argentina: Castellani (12), Blanco (11), Ocampo (11), Uriarte (2), Crer (7), Giustiniano ( 8 ), González (L)
    Uruguayj: Váquez (6), Postiglioni (2), Santiago (4), Cairús (12), Bonnet (4), Martínez, Francoise (L) Michelena, Colina

Venezuela – Chile 3:0 (25:14, 25:23, 25:18 )
    Venezuela: Páez (2), Pinerúa (10), Contreras (9), Chorio (14), Arias (11), Escobar ( 8 ), Mata (L), Brito, Rodríguez Emerson
    Chile: Grimalt Rafael (2), Parraguirre Tomás (4), Parraguirre Matías (4), Parraguirre Vicente (2), Gevert (13), Giuria (2), Papagallo (L), Orrego, Martínez Cristóbal (2), Pesenti (5)

1. Brazil - 6
    2. Argentina - 6

3. Venezuela - 3
    4. Colombia - 3
    5. Paraguay - 3
    6. Chile - 3
    7. Uruguay - 3

Argentina – Uruguay 3:0 (25:14, 25:16, 25:21)
    Argentina: Castellani (12), Blanco (11), Ocampo (11), Uriarte (2), Crer (7), Giustiniano ( 8 ), González (L)
    Uruguayj: Váquez (6), Postiglioni (2), Santiago (4), Cairús (12), Bonnet (4), Martínez, Francoise (L) Michelena, Colina

Second squad of Argentina crushed Uruguay...

BTW, nice to see that Castellani had is chance too! And Uriarte ^^

• Second squad of Argentina crushed Uruguay...

BTW, nice to see that Castellani had is chance too! And Uriarte ^^

me too!
    maybe that's why ivan tweeted more this morning(evening in his place) :lol:

• they won 3-0 even with their substitutes :lol: (not only Uriarte and Castellani but also Blanco, Ocampo and Giustiniano. :D). I'm sad I can't watch all of these things :(((
    I can't wait for Sunday, all these 3-0 wins are getting boring :lol:

• This championship is a joke and the first two are going to the World Cup :down: Only the first from here and Norceca need to go

• not exactly like that ;) only the first one goes, but both Brasil/Argentina are high on FIVB rankings so who'll get second will go for sure, because the 2nd in Asia/Africa isn't so high in ranking as those two ;)
    (yeah I should have said Argentina but I still believe they can do better after the World League...lol)

• Yes, this is a big problem that south america and norceca haven't enough teams to play in a "championship". In my opinion all the championships should be selected from a 16-draw tournament (while the world championship comes from a 24-draw tournament). But actually I'm not sure if it is the formula that confuses me, because in whatever formula, the winner always defeats similar number of opponents (in ECh 6~7, ACh 8, SAC 6, NORCECA 5). So actually winners of SAC and NORCECA also win over enough teams to qualify the championship title. The difference is the classification, the 7th place of SAC shares the same FIVB points with ECh 7th place, which is very ridiculous, because Slovenia is far better than say Chile but they gain the same ranking points. That's really limit the development of volleyball in Europe actually.

• I don't get why they make the Panamericans the "official" tournament so it would get a little bit more "serious"... at least there would be 4 strong teams and not only 2 per tournament. still there would be a lot of weak teams, but it would get a bit better!?

• Yes, this is a big problem that south america and norceca haven't enough teams to play in a "championship". In my opinion all the championships should be selected from a 16-draw tournament (while the world championship comes from a 24-draw tournament). But actually I'm not sure if it is the formula that confuses me, because in whatever formula, the winner always defeats similar number of opponents (in ECh 6~7, ACh 8, SAC 6, NORCECA 5). So actually winners of SAC and NORCECA also win over enough teams to qualify the championship title. The difference is the classification, the 7th place of SAC shares the same FIVB points with ECh 7th place, which is very ridiculous, because Slovenia is far better than say Chile but they gain the same ranking points. That's really limit the development of volleyball in Europe actually.

I've never thought about that...

I think it should work as the qualification for the CEV Champions league: not every European League can have the same number of teams due to their ranking (ranking of the League, not of the Club).

The continent with the best ranking should have at least 3 places garanted for sure (without wild card)

• 22 settembre

Cile - Paraguay 3-0
    (25-23, 25-18, 25-13)

Argentina - Venezuela 3-0 (30-28, 25-20, 25-19)

Brasile - Colombia 3-0
    (25-18, 25-13, 25-19)

Riposa: Uruguay

a seguire i tabellini

Classifica
    Brasile 8 (4-0)
    Argentina 8 (4-0)
    Cile 5 (1-3)
    Colombia 4 (1-2)
    Venezuela 4 (1-2)
    Paraguay 4 (1-2)
    Uruguay 3 (0-3)

2 punti per la vittoria, 1 per la sconfitta. Tra parentesi le partite vinte-perse.

Calendario (italian timetable: +5)
    23 settembre

14h30: Venezuela - Uruguay
    17h: Colombia - Cile
    19h30: Argentina - Paraguay
    Riposa: Brasile

24 settembre
    12h: Brasile - Venezuela
    14h30: Colombia - Paraguay
    17h: Cile - Uruguay
    Riposa: Argentina

25 settembre