South American Championship 2011

• The South American Championship will happen in Peru between 28/09 to 02/10

Pool A - Peru, Colombia, Uruguay, Bolivia
    Pool B - Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay

Preliminar Round happens between 28/09 to 30/09. The two best teams from each group qualifies to semifinals (01/10). Final - 02/10.

• Zé Roberto acalled 15 players for the trainings, including Jaqueline, that is back to NT! ^^

Zé Roberto

Setters: Dani Lins, Fabiola
    MB: Fabiana, Thaisa, Juciely, Adenizia
    OH: Mari, Paula Pequeno, Natália, Jaqueline, Fernanda Garay, Sassá
    Opp: Sheilla, Tandara
    Líbero: Fabi

• Venezuela is a mystery for me, I don't know wht they will not play this comptetiton.

Nice to see Jaqueline back to NT. :flower:

• Strong roster, welcome Jaqueline back in NT :rose: :heart:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Adenízia is cut. The other 14 travel to Peru. If the rules of this tournament are similar to the male version, Zé Roberto would still have to exclude 2 players from the competition. I'm actually not sure about how this plays in other competitions, but I assume that for the World Cup, you can take 14.

• the two main middle blockers in Brasil team are fairly strong enough at the moment, adenizia and juciely are quite similar, they seldom have chance to perform in court. now that Ade has been cut, then Juciely shall be reserved as the substitution, just in case.

the tournament is good chance for Jaque to adjust her condition and optimise the combination/connection with the her teammates. so she is for 90% counted in and even for 2011 World Cup.

weill, the championship require the participants to cut players into 12. there should be 2 more palyers excluded. In my opinion, setters, opposites, centrals and libero are all appropriately concentrated. so the 6 outside hitters seems too much

considering the intensity of reception and defense is comparably weak, i suggest the 2 veterans would take a rest, Paula and Sassa....

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I think we'll ultimately see either Jacqueline or Paula Pequeno cut from the final Olympic roster. Jaqueline and Paula Pequeno really need to prove that they deserve to be on the squad. For all PP did in Beijing she isn't performing consistently at the high level both attacking and receiving that the Brazilian team needs her to. Jacqueline needs to use her experience to be a more stable and consistent player. She can be on fire one match and then completely shut down the next. She also appears to be very emotionally unstable which detracts from the overall energy of the team, IMO. Sassa is there as a role-player. She's needed to come in and serve and pass and she has proven she can do it time and time again. Natalia and Fernanda Garay are the future of the Brazilian NT and they need to be on the roster from here on out if Brazil wants them to be ready for Rio 2016. Jacque has been away from the NT for some time now so we'll have to see how far along she is in her physical preparation.

• official schedule with times:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    Wednesday:28.09.11
    2:00pm. Colombiavs. Uruguay
    4:00 pm. Brasil vs. Paraguay6:00 pm. Argentina vs. Chile8:00pm. Perú vs.
    Bolivia

<o:p></o:p>
    Thursday 29.09.11
    2:00 pm. Argentina vs. Paraguay4:00 pm Brasil vs. Chile6:00pm. Colombia vs.
    Bolivia

8:00pm. Perú vs.
    Uruguay

Viernes 30.09.11
    2:00pm. Uruguay vs.
    Bolivia

8:00pm. Perú vs.
    Colombia

<o:p> 4:00 pm. Brasil vs. Argentina</o:p>6:00 pm. Chile vs. Paraguay
    Semifinales
    Saturday 1.10.11
    1.00 pm 4A vs 3B
    3:00 pm 3A vs 4B
    5:00 pm 1 B vs 2A
    7.00 pm 1A vs 2B
    Final
    Sunday 2.10.11
    12:00 Definición del 7 y 8
    lugar

2:00 pm Definición del 5 y 6
    lugar

4.00 pm Definición del 3 y 4
    lugar

6.00 pm Definición del 1 y 2
    lugar

• Preliminary Round Schedule and Results

Pool A

Colômbia vs Uruguai
    Peru vs Bolívia

Pool B

Brasil vs Paraguai
    Argentina vs Chile
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pool A

Colômbia vs Bolívia
    Peru vs Uruguai

Pool B

Paraguai vs Argentina
    Brasil vs Chile
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pool A

Uruguai vs Bolívia
    Peru vs Colômbia

Pool B

Brasil vs Argentina
    Chile vs Paraguai

Final Round Schedule and Resutls

5-8 Classification

1-4 Semifinal

7/8 Position

5/6 Position

3/4 Position

Final

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I think we'll ultimately see either Jacqueline or Paula Pequeno cut from the final Olympic roster. Jaqueline and Paula Pequeno really need to prove that they deserve to be on the squad. For all PP did in Beijing she isn't performing consistently at the high level both attacking and receiving that the Brazilian team needs her to. Jacqueline needs to use her experience to be a more stable and consistent player. She can be on fire one match and then completely shut down the next. She also appears to be very emotionally unstable which detracts from the overall energy of the team, IMO. Sassa is there as a role-player. She's needed to come in and serve and pass and she has proven she can do it time and time again. Natalia and Fernanda Garay are the future of the Brazilian NT and they need to be on the roster from here on out if Brazil wants them to be ready for Rio 2016. Jacque has been away from the NT for some time now so we'll have to see how far along she is in her physical preparation.

Agree with you completely.

• Paula and Natália won't play the tournament, which rounds the final 12.

Paula, for technical choice; Natália is being spared cause she still feels pain and is not 100% recovered from her surgery. For the PanAmerican Games, Paula will be back in the team and Sassá will be out, is already decided.

• Ok I found live score site.
    So in first step if Colombia wins against Peru Korea will play in the WC for sure because after that Peru will play in the Semi-Final against Brazil.
    And two Wild Cards will be on again.

• Could you post the live score site please? Thanks