2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• If France can't make the next round, very high possibility, one point loss won't effect Italy in next round.
    I think it is time to fire Coach Tille. France's performance is very similar to N'Gapeth's. Sometimes flashy but mainly inconsistent.

Very well said and so true!! Its like they were waiting for the spectacular points, and when they weren't happening, it was mistakes all the way! Sort of what Argentinian coach said is the problem with his players as well!

• If France can't make the next round, very high possibility, one point loss won't effect Italy in next round.
    I think it is time to fire Coach Tille. France's performance is very similar to N'Gapeth's. Sometimes flashy but mainly inconsistent.

R u kidding? :rolll:

U r talking about team that trashed Aregtina and Germany in WL, also Belgium on Final Four. Only "bad" result was loss to Australia in WL finals. That could happen to any team. For the first time in last couple of years France is consistent team. :teach: Tillie completely changed French mentality, under Blain guidance French only could dream to beat Brasil, to fight for WL finals etc. Tillie make incredibile impact with this team, for the first time in last couple of years France is playing effective and attractive volleyball. One defeat doesnt change all good, positive things he did in just one year. Today Tillie made mistake by putting his son instead of Marechal. Also Sidibe should get his chance.

• Mistake by Tillie was 4 MBs in match lineup :what: Rouzier had good day, while Marechal was backup for him instead of starting OH unfortunately :thumbdown: and I wonder why Sidibe wasn't in match 12 :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Mistake by Tillie was 4 MBs in match lineup :what: Rouzier had good day, while Marechal was backup for him instead of starting OH unfortunately :thumbdown: and I wonder why Sidibe wasn't in match 12 :whistle:

Didnt see 12 players for this match :) Dunno why Sidibe stayed out of match squad, he could contribute for sure. My post was refeering to scarpetta's one. Change coach after one year without reason? Sometimes I'm really wondering what r people thinking. You cannot evaluate someone's work just of results. And building a good, stable team isnt easy.

• Yes

R u kidding? :rolll:

U r talking about team that trashed Aregtina and Germany in WL, also Belgium on Final Four. Only "bad" result was loss to Australia in WL finals. That could happen to any team. For the first time in last couple of years France is consistent team. :teach: Tillie completely changed French mentality, under Blain guidance French only could dream to beat Brasil, to fight for WL finals etc. Tillie make incredibile impact with this team, for the first time in last couple of years France is playing effective and attractive volleyball. One defeat doesnt change all good, positive things he did in just one year. Today Tillie made mistake by putting his son instead of Marechal. Also Sidibe should get his chance.

Yes France scored some spectacular wins under Tillie's coaching but the final result is still the same. It is a team best known because of its shortcomings. Australia loss is not a suprise, this team doesn't know what to do in most critical moments/matches. I think coach is also responsible for this shortcomings. He can be better than Blain but that isn't enough to call him great.
    France can't be a consistent team with such an inconsistent leader like N'Gapeth.

• N'Gapeth leader? It's like saying Spiridonov is Russian leader :D Earvin is a good player but can't be a leader. French problem is that they don't have a leader atm. What did u expect, France winning WL or ECH? To change mentality it takes years, France was stagnated under Blain, no progress, no team spirit. I remeber them losisng set to Pakistan (?!) in OG qualies under Blain. Then they were inconsistent. Tillie is trying to change that, slowly but he is doing that. Just look @Russians. They are volleyball powerhouse but they didnt win ECH until last year. Still, they didnt win WCH since Soviet Union. France surely wont win ECH or WCH in near future but improvements r visibile, largely visible. You cannot evaluate someone's work just of results. Results will come but first and main thing is mentality, psychological preparation, and it's hard to change. F.e look Bulgaria. They have great players but results arent good. Ask yourself why. In volleyball psyche is really important. I played and saw many matches in which teams with strong mentality and good psyche won against better teams in terms of technique and height. If u r a born winner its easy, the hardest part is to learn someone to be a winner ;)

I follow French NT closely for several years and I'm know what I'm talking about.

• Two things:
    Iran :obey: You guys are rockin' this tournament!
    Plamen Konstantinov :obey: Thanks, no matter if you "play" to get home crowd support, I don't care. You're the man :thumbup:

So many things are goin' on :sos: My computer is literally dying, can't be with you guys to comment all matches :( Thank heavens tv is ok so I can watch it. Though I'm mad a little bit because of missing such an outstanding show Iran - USA match was. Just two first sets watched... And really can't help the question: how come Muagututia or Ciarelli are better than Lotman? :wacko: I missed another thriller (Cuba - Finland) and I missed it literally 'cause I was in Spodek this day. Saw all the gangs of Finns going to support their team. Nicely dressed, all of them, btw :D I watched Brazil - Germany match live and well, I think it's a kind of my bad luck, always being on 3-sets matches... Anyways, Bruno with the middles watched from a very close look - DELICIOUS. They are artists in what they do, truly :rolleyes: Grozer is another one. Even though Germans didn't show off at all, the guy is MASSIVE. And talking about fans, Germans had quite nice group of support in hall - hitting the drums completely opposite to the rhythm given by the announcer :D - they tried to battle with the rest of the audience, 'cause apart from some die-hard fans of Grozer, Spodek was rather pro-Brazilian. I was confused, didn't know whom I should cheer for - plus Germans with their drums made me stupid because I tried to catch up with their rhythm :aww: - finally, my hands looked as after boxing without gloves 'cause I was clapping all the darrn time.

Btw. I feel so proud watching WCH and seeing people nicely supporting teams in every group. I mean, look at these halls, so many fans! :rolleyes: The atmosphere is great so far.

Another precious win by Poles and we're gaining more and more confidence. Just wanna say our play in defense... donnu if someone is gonna bash me for that... :gone: but, it looks so french ;) It's visible our guys worked hard on this element. And Winiarski again - I know, I'm boring :P - keep it up, professor :super:

PS. I lied saying in the beginning: just 2 things. Most probably, I'll never change :gone:

;)

• All is going perfectly with the fans, the audience, the drama. All expected

But the website is a pure mess (not their fault maybe, but I thought they'd at least improve it with the days) and the videochallenge is completely crazy. Too many mistakes today, that cannot happen with this system.

• just watched a little bit of ITA x IRN.

what a difference. ITA counter-attack: set zaytsev. IRN counter-attack: set middle (moussavi) or 2 other options.

kovar doesn't like any sets from travica so he just tries to push or shove the ball down, gets blocked a lot and gets no kills.

btw, the iranian libero has got to be the shortest player ever. never seen someone so little at this level!!!!!

Mory Sidibe is suffering from a left thigh strain right now. He's expected to be back on court against Iran on thursday.

• N'Gapeth leader? It's like saying Spiridonov is Russian leader :D Earvin is a good player but can't be a leader. French problem is that they don't have a leader atm. What did u expect, France winning WL or ECH? To change mentality it takes years, France was stagnated under Blain, no progress, no team spirit. I remeber them losisng set to Pakistan (?!) in OG qualies under Blain. Then they were inconsistent. Tillie is trying to change that, slowly but he is doing that. Just look @Russians. They are volleyball powerhouse but they didnt win ECH until last year. Still, they didnt win WCH since Soviet Union. France surely wont win ECH or WCH in near future but improvements r visibile, largely visible. You cannot evaluate someone's work just of results. Results will come but first and main thing is mentality, psychological preparation, and it's hard to change. F.e look Bulgaria. They have great players but results arent good. Ask yourself why. In volleyball psyche is really important. I played and saw many matches in which teams with strong mentality and good psyche won against better teams in terms of technique and height. If u r a born winner its easy, the hardest part is to learn someone to be a winner ;)

I follow French NT closely for several years and I'm know what I'm talking about.

I prefer to think that it is matter of intelect. They listen chalga and don't read books. They can't correct themselves during matches. When we had smart players - Kaziyski, Nikolov, Konstantinov, we didn't have block-defense because we didn't have top coach.

• Please tell me how many athletes do you know that are not listening chalga? Sure, there are exceptions but their mentality is very different than a physicist for example. Volleyball is not soccer for sure, but you don't need an PhD to be a good player. And to be honest I know some PhD's that listen mostly to chalga and are definitely not stupid. Don't get me wrong, I really hate this music and the world would be a better place without it. Just those are professional sports people and their mentality is very, very different than the average person. When I see a volleyball player on a metal concert I will tell you, promise :).
    Otherwise I really hope that I will be able to watch the Bulgarian game today at work :). Canada is a hard team recently and our guys are capable of doing stupid mistakes even with weaker teams.

• the World Championship website is just very frustrating to work with. But, I downloaded the FIVB app for my iPad. it looks great, but there are still major issues there too. for the ranking pages it lists both matches for every team in each, so I still can't tell who is leading each group because France was second with 3 points in 1 match and third with 4 points in 2 matches.

it is like the FIVB wanted be really cool, but really pushed the developer to do too many things. they should have tried to do this with the Grand Champ Cup last year, a less important tournament with fewer matches instead of their biggest tournament. Then a second trial with the World League and then full roll out with World Champs.

• [quote='brahmin','index.php?page=Thread&postID=268470#post268470']Photo of the rankings on my iPad

Hope you don't use icloud or at least don't keep your nude pics on it :lol:
    I think Canada will beat Bulgaria today. Their blocking game is awesome and they should be able to stop Sokolov.

• Da fuq I can't edit my post properly through my mobile :down: