2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• And in this beautiful landscape, just one thing disturbing: truly, I put a lot of faith in Antiga, but hell only know what Nowakowski is still doing in starting six ?( Our commentators are lack in comments after every situation he screw. They just make a loud breath. This is not just some kind of problem, this is a BIG problem. 'Cause the guy is screwing almost everything and obviously nothing can change. Completely don't get why Antiga keeps him. I can understand he is not in shape, everyone can be - and HE IS A SHADOW OF HIMSELF - but for heavens' mercy don't let him to ruin what the whole team just worked out :what: I really liked him, his attacks on level beyond any blocker's hands, considered him as our best MB of past few seasons and he was unquestionable no1 on our middle in last coaches eyes'... And now is nothing but distaste. Please, Antiga, let him sit on bench before people here really get tired of him (if they still didn't), would be sad for him being remembered THAT badly. Still some games ahead in which he can not to ridicule himself, just let him stay on bench...

I'm honestly afraid that in next match the crowd WILL react. It would be first time in history when Polish player is booed by Polish audience.

I have never seen something like that before. It's like Antiga WANTS to loose :aww:

• I've just read that Brazil bore this loss quite hardly. They didn't want to talk with press, they avoided all media and they forfeited press conference. They still must be offended because of schedule changed by us and this draw. But they can't blame challenge system and their loss... I wonder how will they play against Russia.

Indeed, they were talking about it in studio. Whole situation right after the match was just a circus, donnu, they were complaining about this last challenge, quite desperate nothing else, I would say. Because they perfectly knew, we knew it, every spectator in hall and in front of tv knew, even this clown referee from Iran knew the ball was touched. Karol Kłos said in an interview Sidao showed him, admitting, it was touched indeed. Brazilians were for sure a bit like giving-up... They also had a match ball, quite painfull so. But in fact Lipe and Wallace gave some interviews. Wallace was completely crushed, I think with tears in his eyes. While Felipe stay brave and answered with the smile. Heartbreaking, anyway :( Again. I-would-give-a-medal-to-every-team-mode on in my head :wall: And how to live with this?

• Hard to live indeed, but this is sport. And Brazil is still in game, but they have a knife on throat and they're without Murilo (I doubt he'll be back tomorrow). We'll see what will Sborna do tomorrow. And I wonder what will supporters do. We shouldn't mix up politics with sport so booing is wrong thing here without any doubts, but people know situation, they add some feelings, there's huge crowd and that has result in booing...

And this referee from Iran was funny - some memes appeared :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'm honestly afraid that in next match the crowd WILL react. It would be first time in history when Polish player is booed by Polish audience.

I have never seen something like that before. It's like Antiga WANTS to loose :aww:

My mom's words exactly. And I have to say she's a fan of Nowakowski. Things have gone that far that she refused to watch our match at all. Because let's say it - how many times we'll see the same scenario? One thing is if the guy is useless but if he harms our game... Sth is damn wrong.

• And this referee from Iran was funny - some memes appeared :D

We have to seriously think on starting a thread with such memes. I would see some of them mocking this gentleman with a diabolical pleasure :D

• Brazilian guys are just not taking FIVB's bullsh*t well. Coupled with Murilo's (and Wallace's to a lesser extent) injury, it's taken a toll on the team and it's been quite obvious since the draw came out. If they don't get nervous over Spiridonov and Apalikov's antics, why would they get stressed over Kubiak's now? It shows how vulnerable the team is right now with everything that's been going on.

The whole situation just sucks. Losing to Poland is not as big of a deal as being screwed up by the federation in the most important part of the tournament so far. Poland is a great team and everyone knows how matches between both teams can always go either way. Anyway, bad stuff happens. Gotta deal with it.

• Hard to live indeed, but this is sport. And Brazil is still in game, but they have a knife on throat and they're without Murilo (I doubt he'll be back tomorrow). We'll see what will Sborna do tomorrow. And I wonder what will supporters do. We shouldn't mix up politics with sport so booing is wrong thing here without any doubts, but people know situation, they add some feelings, there's huge crowd and that has result in booing...

And this referee from Iran was funny - some memes appeared :D

Being in a tight corner may actually help Brazil get through this Russian obstacle. Such tough situations often bring out something very special in the team and motivate to push themselves even beyond their limits. Brazil is in a hella tough situation, battling some minor and a little more serious injuries, and the spirit in the team is obviously not too high right now, but despite all that inconvenience I really hope they manage to pull themselves back together.

• i was trying to follow both matches today,and as i said yesterday, no surprise whatsoever at how easy it was for GER to lose… they got lucky in the draw.

unfort. my stream died in the 5th set of POL x BRA. what a crazy atmosphere on the court up to then.

ok, who's sborna?

i hope tomorrow someone punches spiridonov in the face...

• Sborna is Russia ^^ it's widely common in Poland :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brazilian team blowing off the media again. Didn't they do this in the World League. Where is the fine from the FIVB?

You are at the World Championships and you don't talk to the media. Brazil you show us the best of the game and the worst of the game. And I am a fan of the team and country. At least the soccer team spoke to the country when they got blown out 7-1.

I was surprised that Poland got the win, even coming from behind to do it. With the crowd behind them, they feed off the energy as you can see in the official theme song video, "Start a Fire".

Poland did get hurt by scoring fewer points than Brazil, which could kill them in a tiebreaker.

I tried to stream it at work as my work day ended, but could not do it (work IT department would not permit it).

Could not the FIVB have played each match separately? Like FIFA would? Instead you had to choose one or the other. Again who does the scheduling?

• According to siatka.org Rezende showed middle finger to a journalist while Lucarelli said Poles were making fun of them and provocating them. I saw only Kubiak was doing that, no others or fans. Typical Brazilian behaviour after losing. FIVB should react after all this and fine Rezende and CBV as Federation. Seems they totally lost compass

• According to siatka.org Rezende showed middle finger to a journalist while Lucarelli said Poles were making fun of them and provocating them. I saw only Kubiak was doing that, no others or fans. Typical Brazilian behaviour after losing. FIVB should react after all this and fine Rezende and CBV as Federation. Seems they totally lost compass

Yeah, some organizers were also trying to persuade Rezende to leave the locker room (he rushed there straight after the game) and join the press conference and give some mandatory interviews, but he refused to leave and said that he's short on time, because of Poles changing the schedule of the tournament, and he now he has to hurry up with the preperations for the upcoming match against the Russians. :wacko:

• They can be the best team in the world but as persons they are below any normal behaviour. Worse than Italians and that's hard. I think they turned people against them with ydays incidents. IMo Poles should cheer for Russia, if they win they r in SF.

• One just few words about Brasil.

I don't know how much truth it's in it, because Polish media tends to overreact and exagerate, but they claim that Brasilians were agressive toward journalists and Rezende shown them middle finger. Right now I'm reading that Brasilian media claims that they lost after "controversial decision of referee that helped Poles a lot". Did we watch the same game? How "controversial" the last decision was? That Brasilian didn't manage to trick him? For God's sake, Sidao ADMITTED that he touched the ball after the match to Klos. And this idiot referee made mistake for both sides, but when it comes to Poles he always did it in crucial moments. To cry it laud, he is antihero nr1 in Polish Internet right now. We won IN SPITE OF HIM, not because of him.

coming back to the fact that Brasilian had to change the city - it was common knowladge since the beginning of the tournament. From the VERY beginning we know that we will play third round in Lodz. Brasilians were sitting in Katowice since the very beggining and had much easier opponents. They were sitting there and getting used to the hall where all importand matched will be played, while other teams didn't even see it. Poles change the city three times already. France if I remember correctly FIVE times, Russia played in Gdansk, just to go to Katowice (opposite part of Poland) and then in Lodz. Did anyone hear them complaing about it? No, only princesses from Brasil are so tired after two hours of journey that they literally cannot play. Guess what? When you play tournament journeys are part of it and sometimes you have to adjust to host's organizational commitments, especially to the ones you KNEW about before.

about draw - I'm sorry, but right now you have a claim that the draw was fair and square and we didn't manipulate it the way many host before us did. I agree, the rules are shitty, but shit happens. Poland was the only team in the group of hell with a single defeat and as a price we got World Champion and Olimpic Champion. Fate is blind. But what did our boys did? After initial shock, they laughed and started trainings, because shit happens. Brasilians were to busy complaing how unfair their fate is.

their yesterday behavior was scandalous. Brasilian are so used to victories that their every defead is connected with some scandal. They say that if you cannot win, at least you should know how to loose

• As I remember Brazilians werent complaining 4 years ago when they lost match on purpose.. Now they r complaining. Sidao touched the ball, it was visible on video check but still they were arguing about that. No one complained about schedule except Brazil. Just remember France played in Bydgoszcz, Lodz, Katowice and Krakow

• Few words about Brazil and you repeat what everyone has already said. Yeah, they behaved scandalously and I wonder why does it still surprising to anyone. Yeah, they should pay for that somehow, but I don't think that Graca would punish his national team.

• Right now I'm reading that Brasilian media claims that they lost after "controversial decision of referee that helped Poles a lot". Did we watch the same game? How "controversial" the last decision was? That Brasilian didn't manage to trick him? For God's sake, Sidao ADMITTED that he touched the ball after the match to Klos. And this idiot referee made mistake for both sides, but when it comes to Poles he always did it in crucial moments. To cry it laud, he is antihero nr1 in Polish Internet right now. We won IN SPITE OF HIM, not because of him.

Lol. The same ref who gave 2 yellow cards to Brazilians and 1 red to us offhand :lol: I wonder if Brazilians realize how much they are showing their vulnerability and the fact they don't feel strong at all.

Anyways, I recall all these emotions when this last challenge was about to clear the situation and give us precious victory. Drzyzga completely smashed me saying sth like "It was touched as hell, I'm putting my wristwatch and I'm going... It was TOUCHED!" :D

• Yeah, some organizers were also trying to persuade Rezende to leave the locker room (he rushed there straight after the game) and join the press conference and give some mandatory interviews, but he refused to leave and said that he's short on time, because of Poles changing the schedule of the tournament, and he now he has to hurry up with the preperations for the upcoming match against the Russians. :wacko:

Which, for me, is completely understandable. Poland has a day off, while Brazil has to prepare for a huge and tough match in less than 24h and keep all its players in a good state of mind. It wasn't okay to give the middle finger to a journalist and Bernardo should be fined for that indeed, but in such a stressful situation, I'm not surprised. However, FIVB has no reason to fine the team over not showing up at the press conference. It'd be ironic to see them punishing people for not following protocol. :whistle: