2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• So far it doesn't look promising at all :pinch: Even though it's still a pretty early stage of the set and Germans are leading by just one point, Iranians are still quite sluggish and look nothing like they used to in previous matches. Hopefully it's just another slow start and the nerves won't keep them paralyzed too long. Go guys!

• Who is playing as OPP? Dima? Pavlov? Brazil took 1st set Russia better get their act going.

• Who is playing as OPP? Dima? Pavlov? Brazil took 1st set Russia better get their act going.

Pavlov is OP :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• :lol:
    "northern europe"..... I am not sure whether its meant as a compliment but anyway 8)

France was great today, especially on defense and reception. Reception of course, was as well enabled by a pathetic service performance from german side. You just cant allow a french team to receive with 60 % perfect reception (Ngapeth 65% :white: ).

Germany has to improve in this element dramatically, otherwise it will very difficult in future to win against decent teams. You can`t always rely on Grozer, serving 8 aces per match.

It was definitely a complement. I have respect for peope in Scandinavia, Netherlands and Germany and their civilized behaviour :)
    BTW, Germany is trying to show me that I am wrong, today :)

• Cant understand why is Voronkov so trustful to Apalikov, this guy did absolutely nothing so far

Apalikov is a key player in the Russian system. He might not seem to contribute much points, but he is very reliable in his position.

• Apalikov is a key player in the Russian system. He might not seem to contribute much points, but he is very reliable in his position.

I know his qualities very good but today he is hopeless. He can he ultimate key player but Volvich should get some playing time. Muserskiy doing good only in attack.

• All this NT season Russia looks a pretty average team. And it's after such big success in previous years. I wonder if Voronkov will stay as head coach, I don't think he's doing a good job at all.

• Apalikov is a key player in the Russian system. He might not seem to contribute much points, but he is very reliable in his position.

[quote='inc0gnito','index.php?page=Thread&postID=270361#post270361']Quoted from "Kaziyski"

I can't see where he is need, his serves ar no longer that great, neither his block, in attack he has always been average, Volvich should be tried AASAP

• All this NT season Russia looks a pretty average team. And it's after such big success in previous years. I wonder if Voronkov will stay as head coach, I don't think he's doing a good job at all.

Don't forget you are missing key players like Tetyukhin /can not be replaced/, Verbov, Mikhaylov, Volkov. Russian volleyball is more about the players, than the incredible complex tactics, not like the Brazilian machine.Brazil is the most consistent team in volleyball because every part can be replaced and the machine will continue to function. Rezende is the best on NT level for a reason.

Fully agree with you. This Russia is big nothing. Voronkov is average coach, in my opinion without charisma. This is the worst Russia in years

• It seems that Brazil will win it for 3 points, that means that Poland needs 2 sets tomorrow to play in SF...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game