2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• What did he do this time? Jumped on the court during BRA-RUS game? ;) Sorry, I was watching Iran vs Germany :P

No, no, just a cumulative impression from past years and latest matches. He is more annoying than Spiridonov, Rezende and Obama together :D

• No, no, just a cumulative impression from past years and latest matches. He is more annoying than Spiridonov, Rezende and Obama together :D

How can anyone be more annoying than Spiridonov? :| I get, Kubiak is not a polite guy, but those are two, completely different ways of being annoying...

• Congratulations to Germany /I mean Grozer and friends/ for proving me wrong :)

• Ojla, you are from Poland and probably can't see him with eyes wide open, but to me he is more provocative than Spiridonov. I don't hit walls with fists when I see Spiridonov's circus, somehow Kubiak provokes more aggression, I don't know why. He is the opposite of Winiarski.

• Ojla, you are from Poland and probably can't see him with eyes wide open, but to me he is more provocative than Spiridonov. I don't hit walls with fists when I see Spiridonov's circus, somehow Kubiak provokes more aggression, I don't know why. He is the opposite of Winiarski.

I'm sorry I interrupt, but it's the biggest bulls*it I've ever seen. Few days ago Spirydonov pretended to measure Polish audience with a gun. You're not Pole so you don't care and you may think it's funny. It's ridiculous you even compare Kubiak to this as*hole. But I hope it's just YOUR brilliant opinion and no one's else.

I'm from Poland, but it really doesn't influence my opinion on that matter :) I also find Kubiak annoying to some extent, but definitely not as much as Spiridonov. This guy is just plain out obnoxious and I really don't think Kubiak will ever be as insane as Spiridonov, he totally takes the cake.

• So i just have to give up hope and stop watching the matches?? Really so easy?????

:cheesy: :lol: :dance4: :woohoo:

Didn't quite get yet, why Germany is already in the semis, but anyway, i don' care.....

• I dont think Russians can dramatically improve in less than 24 hrs. Ilynikh and Spiridonov are totally out of form, Savin isnt NT material for me. Muserskiy served good in maybe 2 matches, block and attack r solid but they cant depend on one player, especially not MB. Apalikov lost in time and space, his performance on WCH is poor. Pavlov hmmm... Stabile but he isnt guy to make difference.

Voronkov reminds me on Kolaković. He's standing there and doing nothing. Russia have better coaches than he is, not counting Alekno here. What is significant Russia doesnt have backup setter here to change match rythm. Butko would be ideal in that role, Makarov is too old for that.

IMO Poles r going to secure SF spot. There is always possibility they choke but this is lifetime chance for this generation. They cant miss it.

• Germans have so good points ratio that they can't be behind both Iran and France, so it gives them SF :wavy: Iran must win 25-19 25-19 25-19 over France to be in SF, for me it's impossible...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• speechless ;( It was the most important match for Iran in years (and probably in history) and these guys saved their worst for this match. did they even know it was the most important match of their career ?! they started the match like it was just another game and found the truth when it was already late.

It was a great season for Iran but that was stupid to play the whole World League and World Championship with only 7-8 players. (and I know they were limited because of injuries) our reserve players rarely even touched the ball during the match this year !

ah, this 5th place match is stupid :thumbdown: , I'm sure Iran do not want to play this. they want to go to South Korea as soon as possible because of the Asian Games which will start on Friday. I wonder if Kovac uses reserve players against Maldives and Hong Kong or he will play with the same guys again. :D

Congrats to Germany and Grozer. :D

• I'm sorry I interrupt, but it's the biggest bulls*it I've ever seen. Few days ago Spirydonov pretended to measure Polish audience with a gun. You're not Pole so you don't care and you may think it's funny. It's ridiculous you even compare Kubiak to this as*hole. But I hope it's just YOUR brilliant opinion and no one's else.

I dont defend Spiridonov, dont get me wrong, but he is doing that same thing in Superleague. Its normal for him. But I understand what his action caused

• I dont defend Spiridonov, dont get me wrong, but he is doing that same thing in Superleague. Its normal for him. But I understand what his action caused

Well, he's just a dipshit in general...

• Are Asian Games so important? Kovač must be crazy to take exactly the same 14 players to Incheon.

• Asian Games are quite important for some countries. As an example I present Thailand. Their female's volley NT sends their best players (including Nootsara, Onuma, Pleumjit or Wilavan) to Korea instead of going to Italy for WCH :what:

Federation must have promised some money for being successful there :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'm sorry I interrupt, but it's the biggest bulls*it I've ever seen. Few days ago Spirydonov pretended to measure Polish audience with a gun. You're not Pole so you don't care and you may think it's funny. It's ridiculous you even compare Kubiak to this as*hole. But I hope it's just YOUR brilliant opinion and no one's else.

Spiridonov is a clown, no one takes him seriously, while Kubiak looks like he is going to start a nasty fight and means it.. By the way, don't judge the briliance of people so easily unless you are very high in mensa score, like top 0.1% ;)

• Are Asian Games so important? Kovač must be crazy to take exactly the same 14 players to Incheon.

yes, even more than the World Championship. I mean not for the fans but for the federation and national Olympic committee. Only Olympics rank higher than Asian Games for them.

and since they already announced the roster for the Asian Games, I have to tell you he will take exactly the same 12 players to Incheon, :wacko: he dropped Faezi and Alizadeh from 14-man list (only 12 players for the AG) and they are just tourist here in Poland, I don't think they even played ! he used his usual starters even in meaningless match against Puerto Rico ! ( I wish I could understand why ?!) I can't wait to see if he does the same against Maldives ! :D I bet he does. :lol:

• I still have to laugh somehow :lol: I absolutely did not see that coming......

Just checked the stats and obviously it was mainly Grozer who broke a lot of forums members hearts tonight. So he spared his "monster game" for the very last moment. This WCH campaign is really really strange. There is only very good or very bad for this team......

• Half empty hall for Brazil Russia in a F6 WCH game :what: And the atmosphere is like in a classical concert. Is this a protest of some sort?

I love how just one person shouts "РОССИЯ РОССИЯ", and all the others in the hall are quiet :D Is he a member of staff? Oh, there are a few children shouting as well.

Exactly my thoughts! I couldn't watch the whole match live, but turning on the live stream this was exactly what crossed my mind. Weird indeed! To have two of the best teams in the world play in your town in the evening and then such a theatre-like atmosphere.

• Why is like that? Are AG some sort of qualifications for some major tournament? Iran wont take the title, that means 5-6 weeks playing in row. No one can withstand that

it's just prestigious :D hard to say why. I mean it's like you ask why Olympics are that important.

just to give you a better idea. they fired the previous coach (before Velasco) because he failed to win the 2010 Asian Games and finished 2nd. they didn't fire him when he finished silver in 2009 Asian Championship or didn't even pass the 1st round in 2010 World Championship.

but yes you are right. this is brutal . they have to play 8 matches in 9 days in Incheon. I won't surprise if they lose. for Korea, this WC was just a preparation tournament and I think they didn't even want to pass the 1st round.