2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Russia is still in the game, so such a discussion is not appropriate yet, but I should say no, this would not be the worst WCH for Russia in years (in case they don't make it tonight). Some users commented already that they screwed up during the last WCHs. They didn't impress in Italy four years ago. They had the easiest group back then, almost beat Puerto Rico in five sets, then lost on purpose to Spain, and were beaten by Serbia in the only game that would actually matter for them. Also, they weren't impressive in Japan in 2006 either. Anyway, I am pretty sure Russia will look differently tonight, but I am not sure whether it will be enough. I agree they are not as nearly impressive as they were in season 2013.

Just a few words about Winiarski, a player I really like and admire. You mentioned him, so I decided to step in :) He's perhaps my favourite Polish player, alongside Zagumny and Wlazly (let's leave the personal characteristics aside, I mean in pure volleyball aspect). I remember him when he was very young and took part in the Champions League with Galaxia Pamapol Czestochowa, especially the game in Sofia against Levski Siconco. He was talented, but very green back then :) And yes, look at him now, the NT captain.

In case Poland doesn't make it, it would be a pity to have the arena in Katowice empty... Regardless of the price of the tickets.

• I can completely understand why someone can dislike Kubiak (...)
    Outside the court he is quite inteligent, funny, even warm guy. And if you saw him with his daughter, you would fall in love with him definitelly :lol:

Holy mother...... how come I didn't know he already has a daughter :what: Donnu on which planet I lived :aww: Now I'm completely cooked by only imagining the view :love: Geez, I gone too emotional right now. Before such a war we are having ahead :aww:

I wouldn't call Winiarski "a water" for a long time now, I think since he played in Trento. He know how to fight and argue too

I meant only that Winiar and Kubi complement each other perfectly. I know Winiar is fighting spirit as well but is a bit different melody ;) He is the first one who cools Kubiak down if it's necessary :D With Mariusz supporting. I love the way guys "are together". And if I already mentioned Wlazły I have to say I wouldn't even dare to dream he will compose himself in this team so well. In some moments he looks as the happiest there and the heart is simply growing on that view :roll: Again, getting too emotional ... :sos:

Just a few words about Winiarski, a player I really like and admire. You mentioned him, so I decided to step in :) He's perhaps my favourite Polish player, alongside Zagumny and Wlazly (let's leave the personal characteristics aside, I mean in pure volleyball aspect). I remember him when he was very young and took part in the Champions League with Galaxia Pamapol Czestochowa, especially the game in Sofia against Levski Siconco. He was talented, but very green back then :) And yes, look at him now, the NT captain.

Because the greatest ones grow up in Czestochowa :thumbup:

I don't know what's goin' on with me but sooner game start, the better :S I'm about to set on fire my computer, tv... oh hell, the whole universe actually! I'm ticking like a bomb since I only woke up. Give this match right now! :box:

I read somewhere the words that amused me. Someone said he doesn't want to have the repetition from the situation when Hannavald was treated with snowballs by polish fans because of unpleasant words about us :D Well, it's not the season to make snowballs but I would be seriously careful in everything I do today if I was Spiridonov. We have no basis to dream there will be no provocations but still I hope it will be tolerably nice match.

• raylight, don't be a donkey and drag politics into this. at least obama did not invade a neighboring country like that little monkey putin, who's a compatriot of the big ape we are talking about.

Dude, I am ANTI-Putin. Obama is just too liberal for me. Republican president woud do better vs Putin and IS in Iraq.

P.S. After I saw the video with Spiridonov I have to rate him on the top of the list. Feel free to send him Mariusz Pudzianowski for a private lesson in mma

• Winiarski and Swiderski are my favorite Polish players. Swiderski was beast on pipe. Probably the best Poland had recently. Michal wins here because he has also good personality which is important if you are sportsman and have fans all around the world.

P.S. Bonus scene from Vampires Suck - the movie with the best soundtrack :)

• I understand your disappointment but the game vs Puerto Rico is not completely meaningless. If Iran lost to Puerto Rico, they would get 6 points and advance to the 2nd round. Iran would carry 0 point from this match consequently.

I know but with all my respect Puerto Rico was a very weak team, (I know they beat Italy but it was just an accident) I'm sure even our reserves could take 2 sets and eliminate them. at least he could bench some of the starters. (Marouf, Mousavi, Zarif) but OK if you think he could not take any risk, Puerto Rico was out after 2 sets but still Kovac started the 3rd set with his starters ! I'm sure nobody can find an explanation for that ! even during the World League he still used his starters in meaningless matches in Poland in last week.

after tonight they have to go to Lodz for 5th place match, which makes it 5th for Iran. Krakow-Bydgoszcz-Lodz-Katowice-Lodz

• Nowakowski still in starting 6 8| Antiga is insane. Mika instead of Kubiak. And Drzyzga not Zagumny.

And for the "good morning" we had Margaret, singing the official song again. Shame as big as an universe. It was playback of course and when she "sang" polish part suddenly sth went wrong and at the background was english part and then she completely got lost, the music stopped... and I don't know even what was going on 'cause it was weird like hell. Before such an important game. Mercy, please :sos:

• Nowakowski was main reason to get silver in 2011 WC, Antiga is hoping that he will show that today.

• Nowakowski was main reason to get silver in 2011 WC, Antiga is hoping that he will show that today.

I have big respect for Antiga, for Phillipe but they put lot of faith in Nowakowski, too much I think, this faith is close to madness. To be honest I don't even know how it is possible that dude plays every single game as a starter and become more and more a nightmare. The case already became traumatic. He just keep entering the court as a starter and nothing changed all the tournament long. It's different when he do nothing on the court, but if he ruins the game it's just wrong :S

• May be he should enter as a sub and won't have the pressure on him?

• My streams sucks...does somebody have a decent stream?

• Is it just with me or sportdeutschland.tv has become a real pain in the ass?!

Some commercial breaks appear in the middle of the rallies every 5 minutes. So I had to enable my AdBlock. Which is fine. But then instead of commercial breaks, the stream turned offline every 5 minutes and I have to refresh it all the time. So annoying!

• F*ck you, sportdeutschland.tv and your ads! I mean it! It's not every 5 mins, it's every minute and a half or two maximum. Firefox doesn't open it for me, therefore I can't use AdBlocker and I fail to find a decent stream. I missed most of the first set. F*ck you, sportdeutschland.tv!

• Hahaha, Voronkov's look :rolll:

He is the typical Siberian muzhik in an old army uniform, consuming vodka and pickles at noon with his mate (who is the same type of guy) :lol:

• F*ck you, sportdeutschland.tv and your ads! I mean it! It's not every 5 mins, it's every minute and a half or two maximum. Firefox doesn't open it for me, therefore I can't use AdBlocker and I fail to find a decent stream. I missed most of the first set. F*ck you, sportdeutschland.tv!

The last 7-8 minutes were okay for me. But the video quality is constantly changing from 1080p to 360p and even to 240p. And them back again to 720p and 1080p. Way below the streaming quality of Laola1tv!

• France will play semi-finals :super: