2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• As i think of Aniga as an intelligent man, i highly doubt that he said this with these words.

He might think this, as probably most Poles will do, but talking like this to public and/or team wouldn't be very clever.

No one will underestimate you, trust me dear :wavy: Our boys got many lessons from life, losing with teams considered as weaker. Actually, I can't wait for the match, I really hope it will be very intense 'cause if u ask me Germans didn't show full potential yet. Secondly, it will be interesting because of many Germans playing in Polish league, doesn't matter in past or future. Believe me, many people are happy to play Germans, not because anyone think it's an easy way to final (if someone does think this way, is silly) but because of these league connections we're having with some German players and the way they're liked and appreciated in our country ;) Don't want to distinguish anyone so much but Grozer is a kind of phenomenom, still in so many Polish hearts... We literally miss him :roll: Personally, I love the fact we're facing new opponent (we already played with France), this little emotional side standing behind it and it will be a pleasure to fight against Vital's team whom I truly respect. And well, Vital is among my fav coaches :D

• Am I the only one that concerns Kurek's position in future NT? Given Antiga's huge success on this WCh, it seems he would have all the reasons to give up on Kurek for good.

• I would take Poletaev for sure. He played in Superleague Finals, did great job and probably would have been surprising factor here. Russia didnt have good 2nd setter. Butko is perfect for this role.

I completely forgot on Biryukov :rolll: :obey: why he didnt get chance is a mystery

Biryukov is very good in attack against the triple block. Poletaev is like Usain Bolt, his surname gives him a good description - the flying russian :)

• Am I the only one that concerns Kurek's position in future NT? Given Antiga's huge success on this WCh, it seems he would have all the reasons to give up on Kurek for good.

I would be more concerned about Kurek giving up on NT. He became such a stubborn somehow. I hope he won't play offended princess and live the past behind. Another year, clean sheet. He just has to prove his value on the court. Everybody learn sth of losing Wlazły for all these years. I hope at least. Our experts and past coaches say agreeably Bartek needs a helping hand now. Because the worst enemy of Kurek is Kurek himself.

Anyway, this is going to be stupid but I was kinda ironically thinking Nowakowski is playing tragically because he misses Kurek :D I know, stupid :wacko: Couldn't just resist :aww: ;)

• Kurek can not be replaced as attack and serve. May be he should stay in France for a year too :lol:

• According to Polish media Russian federation won't fire Voronkov :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Nah, he will be fine. Antiga knows him well. We can't afford to lose him because ability-wise he's still our most important player, just needs to grow up.

• I don't believe in Spiridonov spitting story. Polish fans are spectacular but their attitude towards Russian team is questionable. Considering actions like booing, making fan of them triggered by political reasons which Russian players can't be responsible.

no, the truth is that Russia and Polish audience love each other so much, LOOK

• I don't believe in Spiridonov spitting story. Polish fans are spectacular but their attitude towards Russian team is questionable. Considering actions like booing, making fan of them triggered by political reasons which Russian players can't be responsible.

What did u expect? They'll sing Katyusha and throw flowers on them? Do you know history of these two nations? They simply dont like each other. Maybe not in general but there is big rivarly between Poles and Russians, match was very important and tensions were high. Booing and making fun is reason to show middle finger or spit on someone? Polish fans are babies compared to Croatians or Serbs. Practically war in Yugoslavia started on stadium, not to mention what was happening when Croatian and Serbian teams were facing each other after the war. Come to the Balkans and you will see what is " real fans culture".

• What did u expect? They'll sing Katyusha and throw flowers on them? Do you know history of these two nations? They simply dont like each other. Maybe not in general but there is big rivarly between Poles and Russians, match was very important and tensions were high. Booing and making fun is reason to show middle finger or spit on someone? Polish fans are babies compared to Croatians or Serbs. Practically war in Yugoslavia started on stadium, not to mention what was happening when Croatian and Serbian teams were facing each other after the war. Come to the Balkans and you will see what is " real fans culture".

right now it's not as much about history. We have as much terrible history with Germany and I can assure you, they won't be booed

it's about current politics, sanctions and atmosphere between two countries which is REALLY bad right now, probably the worst since 1989. Spiker and vice-president of Russian Duma said lately that Poland should and will be destroyed and practically declared that sooner or later there will be military agression on us.

history is just supplement right now. You know... when present sucks and you fear of future, you start to think and talk about the fact that Russian killed your grandfather 80 years ago or sth like that.

moreover, Spiridonow made it even worse by insulting Poles on twitter and "shooting" to Polish audience, and you can only try to imagine what "shooting" by Russian to Polish audience means and what storm it caused

so yeah, while booing during the anthem should not happen (at least bigger part of audience tried to drown it by clapping), you should understand the level of excitement and where it comes from. Current political enemy with HORRIBLE history, Spiridonov bahavior and 17.09 (anniversary of Russian invasion in 1939, 17 days after Germany) on Polish ground?

it all ended MUCH better that we feared.

and it seems that Spiridonov spitting story is valid. He was probably provocked by some "give back Crimea" or sth like that

• What did u expect? They'll sing Katyusha and throw flowers on them? Do you know history of these two nations? They simply dont like each other. Maybe not in general but there is big rivarly between Poles and Russians, match was very important and tensions were high. Booing and making fun is reason to show middle finger or spit on someone? Polish fans are babies compared to Croatians or Serbs. Practically war in Yugoslavia started on stadium, not to mention what was happening when Croatian and Serbian teams were facing each other after the war. Come to the Balkans and you will see what is " real fans culture".

I know very well what you mean.It is not the first time this two teams are playing but this time Polish fans reactions were different.I try to say Polish fans are not saints in this issue, like the way all international media is portraying. Spiridonov is crazy, arrogant, ill-mannered and provocative but he is not the only reason of latest events.
    Edit: Majka explained the reasons very well. Thank you ! Yes I don't think it's only because of history because in previous years there wasn't such negativity.

it all ended MUCH better that we feared.

It is because Poland won the match. I wonder what could happen if they had lost :whistle:

• Scarpetta this is nothing comparing to the Balkans ;) there is always some booing, its part of fans culture. "shooting" on spectators isnt although Spiridonov was doing that in Superleague. Maybe he wasnt thinking (probably didnt), I doubt he did that because he would kill Poles. As I know he and Winiarski r in good relations, played together in Fakel.

If Poland lost match nothing would happen. U r talking like fans had Guns to shoot Russians :aww:

• It is because Poland won the match. I wonder what could happen if they had lost :whistle:

I don't really think it would be much different.

it's a blessing in disguise, that it's volleyball we are talking about. In Poland it's family sport, people take kids with them to see a match, even little babies (as you can see in Kubiak's case :heart: ), some booing was done, some middle fingers shown, but even Russian were safe during volleyball match. It's different comparing to Balkans, where our boys happened to be welcome with bottles :aww:

anyway there's no doubt that Iran will have audience support tomorrow (if the ticket are not so ridiculous expensive). Just like France, especially after Brasilian latest interviews. Lately I have impression that Brasilians want to have audience against them :aww:

• Scarpetta this is nothing comparing to the Balkans ;) there is always some booing, its part of fans culture. "shooting" on spectators isnt although Spiridonov was doing that in Superleague. Maybe he wasnt thinking (probably didnt), I doubt he did that because he would kill Poles. As I know he and Winiarski r in good relations, played together in Fakel.

I live in Turkey and I was present at some of the controversial Turkish versus Greek and Serbian basketball matches. Of course Polish fans extreme behaviour is still 1000 times better than Greek/Turkish/Serbian/ Croatian fans ordinary behaviour but against Russians they were not saints.
    Yes thank god volleyball audience is more polite than other sports.

If Poland lost match nothing would happen. U r talking like fans had Guns to shoot Russians

You're always exaggerating what I try to say. Of course I don't expect fans to shoot players but there could be more ill-mannered verbal interactions between fans and players.

• Kaziyski, you can't excuse something bad by comparing it to something worse.

The photo with the middle fingers is shocking and if we truly live in a society where we 'practice what we preach' both parties (Polish crowd + Russian team) should be punished for the actions of some of its members. I'm not talking about playing your next home game (which happens to be a WCH semi-final) in an empty staduim. I'm talking more on the line of a financial sanction.

Spididonov's behaviour is appalling, inexcusable and intolerable. He truly deserves a Suarez-ian ban.

The Polish crowd's behaviour is also unacceptable. These Russian players have nothing to do with the things that happened between Russia and Poland in the past and it's not their fault for being born there. And of course they're gonna back Putin if their career depends on it.

• you wanna punish federation because three people out of 11000 shown someone middle finger? :lol: Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, that it should not happen, because no one should show anyone middle finger :lol: but you really have to understand that given everything, there's absolutelly no way for Russian being welcomed in 11 000 people hall, as every other team before them was, other than playing with empty hall, which would be ridiculous

to show how ridiculous this discussion is I will just say that some of Russian media wrote today that the atmosphere was indeed amazing and Poles can be proud of how they support their team.

for God sake, during WL final six in Sofia Bulgarian pseudofans were throwing bottles, cups and other things at our boys, spilling drinks on them and team had to be excorted by police out of safety just because they won a match, and WE ARE supposed to be punished because some guy shown someone middle finger and some said "f*** you"? :what:

edit: actually I don't remember if Bulgaria federation was punished back in 2012