2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. We're World Champions. WE'RE WORLD FECKIN' CHAMPIONS.

Still can't believe it.

• Brazilian users, please don't take offence, but...

They're so precious, OMFG. It kinda reminds me of FC Barcelona, same dumb excuses whenever they lose.

I mean, why the heck would anyone even feel obliged to "protect" them? What did they expect, host treatment maybe? Red carperts before every match? They got relocated because TV had the final say, that is all. It actually happens all the time in modern sports. Grow a pair.

• Definitely the best and proudest moment for me as a supporter of Polish NT. (Yeah... hopefully it doesn't sound weird.)

They're so precious, OMFG. It kinda reminds me of FC Barcelona, same dumb excuses whenever they lose.

I mean, why the heck would anyone even feel obliged to "protect" them? What did they expect, host treatment maybe? Red carperts before every match? They got relocated because TV had the final say, that is all. It actually happens all the time in modern sports. Grow a pair.

Not trying to say Bernardo doesn't like to play the victim sometimes (he really does), but he's just poking Ary Graça due to problems within Brazilian Federation. Both have been at war for some time now and he'll keep saying FIVB is trying to mess with the team just to p*ss Ary off some more. This has nothing to do with Poland. ^^ I'm sure the players know they just didn't perform well enough and Poland earned it fair and square.

• It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it at home
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it by facing EVERY SINGLE strong team in the world
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another if your capitain falls down with horribly looking injury in the midle of tournament
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it by going through two groups of death... and win this group
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it by winning four tie breaks in raw
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it in the longest, the most exhaustive tournament we ever had
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it by playing amazing, exciting match in final against the team that won three WCH in raw
    It's one thing to win WCH, but another to do it because of amazing team and fighting spirit

I have no words, I still can't believe what happened, because all of this is like fairytale. It's one of the best feeling I've ever felt

Well, I guess there are quite a few happy people in Poland now :D

I think we are one step from cancelling Monday

I think the main reasons are:

1) the team underperformed on serve.
    2) Rezende didn't have a clue what to do with Mika (he is often caught off-guard by one player, not only Muserskiy and Mika).
    3) Vissotto was on the court only physically.
    4) Mario Jr underperformed.

and here stupid me thought that amazing performance of Polish team has something to do with Brasil defeat :lol:

Just on a side note - why did they lift the trophy before they even got their medals? Isn't it supposed to be the climax of the whole evening? Or they were too afraid not to lose the trophy once again?

I think, it was supposed to give player and audience one more moment to celebrate and the chance to celebrate together. And honestly, I started crying only when I saw Winiarski lifting the trophy among white-red crowd

About Brasil and Resende. It really would be better for him to stop talking. He is going to play many matches in Poland and right now he is on the best way to become volleball enemy nr 1 in Poland
    :down:
    What is he complaining about right now? That his players were already used to the hall in which finals were played, because they play practically all tournament in it, while Polish team played only one match before? Or that his team had one day more to recover before semifinals because of calendar? Or maybe that Kubiak didn't fell to his knees in front of Brasilian stars?

this circus Brasil started one week ago is simply distasteful. Kubiak was asked tonight if he went to Bruno after the match to introduce himself (Bruno said that Kubiak "didn't win anything and is "nobody"), he said that he didn't because Bruno saw it himself during decoration

I repeat, it's cool to win, but if you are not able to win, you should at least know how to loose :aww:

• About Brasil and Resende. It really would be better for him to stop talking. He is going to play many matches in Poland and right now he is on the best way to become volleball enemy nr 1 in Poland
    :down:
    What is he complaining about right now? That his players were already used to the hall in which finals were played, because they play practically all tournament in it, while Polish team played only one match before? Or that his team had one day more to recover before semifinals because of calendar? Or maybe that Kubiak didn't fell to his knees in front of Brasilian stars?

this circus Brasil started one week ago is simply distasteful. Kubiak was asked tonight if he went to Bruno after the match to introduce himself (Bruno said that Kubiak "didn't win anything and is "nobody"), he said that he didn't because Bruno saw it himself during decoration

I repeat, it's cool to win, but if you are not able to win, you should at least know how to loose :aww:

Totally agree. Unfortunately, the sour loser from Brazil would never understand. It has been a long tradition for both Brazil men's and women's volleyball teams to display disgusting behavior and attitude since 1990's. It seems that they always hallucinate that there's conspiracy from the rest of the world to go against them. Thanks to the advancement of technology, the video display system appears to awaken them partially. But you can still see which team continues to complain the most even after video display.

Four years ago, Brazil played sneaky that helped them win the trophy in Italy. Did Rezende and the team protest how unfair and corrupt the system was? Did Rezende complain that Poland won the pool in the First Round but then got very tough opponents in the second? I only remember how he shamefully complained Bulgaria didn't send their starting setter and libero to the game, while he seemed completely immune against the fact that he himself used Theo as a setter to play to lose the game. Thanks to the corruption of FIVB, he and the team didn't get disciplined.

I think Rezende understands very well his team is no longer the team in 2001-2008 and is now very beatable. This insecurity intensifies the feeling of him and the whole team about being prosecuted. They would take an easy first and second round draw as granted, but start complaining when they realize they couldn't avoid tough opponents. Did FIVB suddenly change the rule in the middle of the tournament? Why didn't Rezende complain about the rule before the tournament started? Irrespective of his success, he's a very shameful figure morally speaking.

• So Wlazły, Zagumny, Igniaczak retired. And Michał Winiarski said after the final that he won't play in the Poland NT in 2015 and – what's more – that he's going to think about a retirement, maybe it was his last match in the national team. :white:

• So Wlazły, Zagumny, Igniaczak retired. And Michał Winiarski said after the final that he won't play in the Poland NT in 2015 and – what's more – that he's going to think about a retirement, maybe it was his last match in the national team. :white:

He didn't really said THAT, he said that he will spend next year with family, that he barely saw this year and he doesn't think about Rio yet, so there won't be any declaration

he will come back for 2016 I think, he must have thought about it already and if he didn't want to come back, he would announce it today, together with Wlazly

Glad I'm also with Skra Belchatow then!

• Don't take it seriously, he's just adding more fuel to his ongoing war against Ary Graça due to the corruption case of the Brazilian Federation. ^^

I am with him against Graca. I read that he mocked Bulgarian NT - he was explaining that WCH should incorporate weaker teams from other continents and that was how Brazil was introduced and that helped them raise their level. "Back in the day we were so weak that we used to lose from Bulgaria in 3 sets" he said. To show you what is the level of education in our country, the article in sportal.bg is with title "Ary Graca made compiments to Bulgaria" :read:

• They did it !!! :cup:
    Congratulations to Poland and thank you for ... fighting spirit.
    I didn't expect such solid team who never gave up.

Thank you Wlazły, Zagumny and Ignaczak for all of these years in our NT. :rose:

Congratulation to Brazil (excellent performance after weak start in World League) and Germany (especially to Grozer)