2011 Pan American Games - Mexico, Guadalajara

• any good news about Jaquline? hope she will be better

she had a small fracture in her cervical bones, so she will have to use a cervical neckless for 8 weeks doctors says. Now it is nothing to be afraid, but she needs to rest and recover since is a delicate area.

For now she will still stay in Mexico with the girls cause the doctors want to be sure that is ok for her to get a flight back to Brazil, since is a long trip.

Zé says he still wants to count with her in World Cup, but honestly I think that is a bit risky, since doctors said she need 8 weeks recover minimum....but lets see. She left the hospital smiling, and now she stays resting inside the village.

• Ouch, kabayan :P

my guess was right. you're a flip too hehehe

• she had a small fracture in her cervical bones, so she will have to use a cervical neckless for 8 weeks doctors says. Now it is nothing to be afraid, but she needs to rest and recover since is a delicate area.

For now she will still stay in Mexico with the girls cause the doctors want to be sure that is ok for her to get a flight back to Brazil, since is a long trip.

Zé says he still wants to count with her in World Cup, but honestly I think that is a bit risky, since doctors said she need 8 weeks recover minimum....but lets see. She left the hospital smiling, and now she stays resting inside the village.

thanks Joana, get well soon Jaqueline :flower: :flower: :flower: hope she will play in world cup :rose:

• In handball wasn't so colour for USA.
    USA lost the match 5-18 to Brazil.

Actually the match finished 50-10 to Brazil. The Pan-Am Games are the OG qualification tournament for the American continent's spot and Brazil is fighting for its 4th title in a row. We are a continental powerhouse when it comes to handball. In fact, handball is the most practised sports in schools in Brazil and maybe that's why in the American continent no one can beat us. Besides that, the only American team which can play international level matches is Brazil. I also think that this experience exchange with handball top teams like Denmark, Norway, Russia, France, Korea and so onis something Brazil's team has and other teams in America don't. Besides that, the vast majority of Brazil's team players play in european leagues and Brazil seems to be the only American team with a Handball National League.

Sorry for the offtopic

• Going into the tournament didn't both the players and coaches say that they brought the A team because they haven't won the title since 1999 and because of their loss in Rio 2007?

I agree that he took a risk taking the whole squad and this a consequence of that risk. Perhaps pride got the best of him. What happened to the Brazilian "B" team that was training earlier this year and played in Russia?

Zé Roberto's reason for bringing the A team to Mexico was the need to keep the team training together for the World Cup. If he hadn't brought the A team, he would have had to release all the Osasco's or Unilever's players to play the Club World Championship and he didn't want the team to split apart 3 weeks before the World Cup.

What happened to Jaqueline was just a fatality. Luckily she will be able to recover, the only thing which really concerns me is the lack of rhythm, but there will be the WGP 2012 and I hope everything works out fine with her and all the other Brazil's players. Since 2009 we have been having injury problems with our outside hitters: Paula had her knee surgered in 2009 and didn't play the WGP, Jaqueline asked to be dismissed because of her wedding, in 2010, Mari and Paula had problems of injuries, in 2011 Natalia had the problem with the benign tumor in her tibia and both Paula and Mari got injured too, now Jaqueline suffered this accident and won't be able to play neither the Pan Am Games nor the WC and in the same match Garay suffered a minor twist in her ankle. Hope our girls have a better luck in the OG year.

• Cuba 3-0 to win over Peru in the Quarterfinal, the set scores are 25-18, 25-19, 26-24

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• This is the link to Jaqueline's press conference after she got injured in the neck. I got moved with her words.

Go Jaque!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTfDvW9sra0

This is what happened to her in tthe 2nd set of the match between Brazil and Dominican Republic. It was a very serious accident, she could have got tetraplegic. She suffered a fracture in her 4th and 5th vertebrae of the neck and luckily nothing happened to her spinal-cord. Jaqueline told that she suffered a dismay right after the accident and in the first seconds after she woke up she was not feeling either her arms or her legs because of tingling.

Now she is ok and she has to use the cervical necklace for around 6 weeks (in case of luck maybe 4) and she will be able to play volleyball again this year yet according to the doctors.

Thank God she is ok and she will be recovered soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpbgiAfoqJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJtu2ku3Eo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpHmk6QFHA8

• Jaque is already back to Brazil. She arrived this wednesday morning in São Paulo.

She said she will take her time to rest and enjoy the care of her mother, that will stay with her during this time. :)

• @ joanamss - pls post some link for the Cuba vs Usa semifinal. (not the terra website) thanks.... :heart:

• Sorry, I just have the terra one...brazilian tv is not broadcasting the match so far, so record and record news link dont help...they are broadcasting the match of Juliana and Larissa in beach volley (replay broadcast :S) and tenis. :S

• yeah theres a livestream on ustream but theres no sound and the quality is very poor :cursing:

• What will be the roster of USA?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Like I said, I just have this link - http://deportesus.terra.com/ro…can-guadalajara/live/1/#9

But looks like it does not work out of America :S

USA started with Lloyd, Lichtman, Barboza, Forsett, Jones, Gibbemeyer, Miyashiro (L).

But Cuba is playing quite easy actually, so far. Usa is not managing to make a regular reception, and is suffering with Cuban power.

USA 14x21 CUB

• B team,.forsett,barboza gibbenmeyer jones linchtman lloyd..they are loosing to cuba but it is understandable because theyre against full team of cuba