German Male NT Season 2011/12

• No thread about my germans yet? So, here we go....... :super:

After the disastrous ech there were serious discussions in the federation about Lozano's position and a potential dismissal. As the team obviously wasn't mentally in a good condition, Lozanos way of communication with the players was questioned. But in the end, it was decided by federation not to fire him and to let him prepare the team for european pre qualification tournament in France.

Concerning the team, there will be some changes. Markus Popp announced, that he won't participate, as long as Raul Lozano ist still coach http://volleyball.de/nc/news-u…-kritik-am-bundestrainer/

But the biggest loss for the team will be Stefan Hübner. It was just announced, that he is, surprise surprise, injured and has to stop playing for at least 3 months. This is very sad news, as he is by far the best MB in the team. :aww:

For the libero, there is a big questionmark as well. Ferdinand Tille failed to find a new club abroad and is now back in Generali Unterhaching. But as he was injured as well, he was just used for some rallies in the defence. So i guess, Markus Steuerwald and Sebastian Prüsener of Unterhaching have the best chances going to France. We will see.........

All in all, it doesn't look good for the Olympics, but the hope dies last :obey: ^^

• Hubner is the best German MB...pity he had a lot injuries :thumbdown: without him Gunthor and Bohme should be starting MB's and I dont have high opinion on them. Maybe Bauer is good for NT, he is doing great job in Toulouse :whistle: IMO for Germany most important thing is Grozer is fit. There is big difference with Grozer in lineup and without him. Tischer recovered from injury and playing solid in Russia. I dont understand Popp, Kaliberda and Andrae are better OH's, for me even better than Kromm. Shameful that Tille didnt get new contract in Haching, for me he is best libero in the world :obey: just remember him on WCH 2010 :obey:

IMO Germany's biggest problem is that LOzano doesnt speak German. He is NT coach for several years and I dont believe he didnt learnt language. Just listen him on TO, he is speaking Italian :aww:

• IMO Germany's biggest problem is that LOzano doesnt speak German. He is NT coach for several years and I dont believe he didnt learnt language. Just listen him on TO, he is speaking Italian :aww:

Well, it doesn't has to be german, english for example, would be sufficient. Thats the way it worked quite well in the beginning with the female NT and Guidetti. With Boehme, Guenthor, Kaliberda, Tille, M. Steuerwald and Grozer there are a lot of players, who simply don't understand italian language.

Here is an interresting interview with Bjoern Andrae about the ech and the relation to Lozano. If you read between the lines, it is clear, that a lot of things are not working well between coach and team. http://volleyball.de/nc/news-u…r-kritik-an-dvv-maennern/

translation:

In the cup in the top eight in the league with five wins in seven games: For national player Björn Andrae the season has started well with his Russian club Kuzbass Kemerovo. Everything else is as well run the EM, as Germany was eliminated in the preliminary round. Since then, the team had in the criticism and accused in the November issue of the magazine of Berlin's volleyball-manager Kaweh Niroomand leave: "The current generation of players has forgotten its origin. . The boys no longer play in the first place for the German Volleyball "DVV sports director Günter Hamel, who speaks with a double Niroomand in an interview on the EM failure, says:" Our players do not burn automatically. There have played a role in the European Championships things that can be assigned to the amateur field. Sensitivities because of a changed or is not used. "In the interview takes Andrae position.

Is there now an explanation for the EM failure?
    Firstly there are personal reasons. George and I were injured throughout the summer and almost never there. Therefore, we could play no role in the European Championships. But we have not delivered as a team by 80 percent, of which would have been possible. It lacked the security and the game assets.

How was that possible?
    Sure it was a mental problem. Everyone needs to question why he does not even have a service over the net. As a team we were not perfectly attuned to the ECH. There was not the moment in which everyone knew, here we go.

Were you trying to do too much?
    Regarding the individual players, in Europe we can play at the top. It has been missed out of them all - from the coach, one of us, by association - before the first game and put together again to define the objectives clearly. Maybe it was not necessary in Lozano's eyes. We have failed to give ourselves the green light.

Not enough to prepare?
    In Brazil, we played volleyball and had good times and distraction. In Rabenberg we had a hall too flat with a glass front to train on one side. No wonder then that have not worked the services. We were all physically fit, but the mental preparation was not good enough. We should have trained more vigorously address.

Germany coach Lozano has changed in the short term the starting six. Denis Kaliberda was unexpectedly in the top six, because Sebastian Schwarz was injured. Lozano's decisions were correct?
    Denis could not handle the pressure at a European Championship, because actually he hasn't seen himself in this position. Everyone did not really know where he belongs and what is his job. But the coach, decided like this.

You have no say?
    We have a Mannschaftsrat. But we never question a decision of the coach. We are there to train and to bring our performance in the game.

You don't have to react, if you have the feeling that something goes wrong?
    To the coach nobody bungles in the craft. This also does not lie with the person Lozanos, this counts to all coaches with whom I work. I also talk with him as a play leader only about the most necessary.

Now is the sports psychologist Wolfgang Kloeckner rejoin the national team. A good solution?
    Yes, because the team has even called for it. I've worked many years with him and knows that he can give us an incredible amount of energy.

Sports Director Hamel says he does not know whether Lozano is ready to support this measure. What do you think?
    I think so too. It does not fit into his philosophy. But Wolfgang Kloeckner will primarily work with the team. It was also under Moculescu been like that.

Burn the German players not because of your own?
    This is not a question of German players generally, but one of the mentality of each individual. With us is indeed always complains that we show a few emotions and not come out of us. We have always been somewhat introverted. We are not types that cheer around after winning a point half a minute. But that has nothing to do with the fact that we do not burn enough. It is certainly possible rauszuholen from any more, and I hope the work of Wolfgang Klöckner.

Marcus Popp does not want to play under Lozano, because it establishes not. Sounds like an offended Leberwurst.
    Marcus has felt unfairly treated and not used. Thats why he has decided so.

So are - as it has been criticized - the personal feelings actually more important than the good of the team?
    Marcus were not given the chance to get to show that he can help the team. Marcus is not one of the other moves down, but he did not want to be satisfied with the role.

What do you say to the allegations of Kaweh Niroomand?
    I think that naughty, just outrageous. I've played almost 13 years for Germany, all on a voluntary basis. For money I do not deserve it. I pay with my body and can play at the end of my career, maybe three, four years less. I already threw a pain-killer, so I can play for my country, while others go to Spain on holiday. I know where my roots are, and must say I can not. It shows how much of a clue Kaweh Niroomand has of what's happening with us.

In early November to meet the national pre-Olympic qualification. As an act of defiance of the team is expected?
    First of all, it is difficult to find a beginning. Everyone wants to tear something, but the EM-theme is not yet processed, yes. No one knows what awaits him there. Lozano also not.

Did you ever contact him after the European Championships?
    No, no.

Should the federation had made a cut after the European Championships?
    It was not so many alternatives. Sure they hope that we get our act together again.

They loaded the situation let's say this way: There are more pleasant situations. It must in any case of coaches and team have done a workup of the EM. Just check off does not work. It will probably pop only once, because each plaintext is talking about. I hope that the positive reactions evokes in us.

Do you burn even further for the national team?
    If I had no desire, I would have stopped years ago. I do not need the national team as a stepping stone for my career any more. I like the team at heart.
    And what, besides the desire to play for Germany, should motivate us? Surly not the money.

• Coach Lozano invited 15 players for the preparation for the pre-olympic-qualification tournament in France:

Setters: Patrick Steuerwald (Warschau/POL), Lukas Kampa (RWE Volleys Bottrop)
    MB: Marcus Böhme (VfB Friedrichshafen), Max Günthör
    (Generali Haching), Lukas Bauer (Toulouse/FRA), Ricardo Galandi (BERLIN
    RECYCLING Volleys)

OH: Björn Andrae (Kemerovo/RUS), Robert Kromm (Verona/ITA), Sebastian Schwarz (Padua/ITA), Denis Kaliberda (Generali Haching)
    Opp: Georg Grozer (Rzeszow/POL), Jochen Schöps (Odintsovo/RUS)
    Universal: Christian Dünnes (Generali Haching)
    Libero: Ferdinand Tille (Sete/FRA), Fabian Kohl (evivo Düren)

Back in the roster after injuries are Lukas Bauer and Christian Dünnes.
    Markus Steuerwald is injured (groin) and therefore Fabian Kohl was selected.

There is no Simon Tischer in the roster ?( , thats a big decision by Lozano and there will be for sure discussions about this. Kampa played OK during last ech, so this might already be a decision for the future.

For the liberos: Tille was injured lately and hasn't played a lot since ech. Maybe, finding a new club can give him a push :S I can' t say much about Fabian Kohl, so imo there are remaining some questionmarks about this position. We will see........

• So there is no place for Simon in the roster? Raul never stops surprise me, I guess.
    As much as I love Patrick I'm happy he got the real chance to be this first in the team :roll:

• For me lack of Tischer is big loss :down: , although Steuerwald is good setter. Unfortunatley Huebner is injured, he's the best german MB.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Raul Lozano is not a coach of German NT anymore.

http://www.volleyball-verband.…rvuruh6qjrmeb9g4e4ctjdc45

Sad end of a story, which appeared to be very promising in the beginning. :white: But you could have see it coming. According to the federation they decided so, because after talks with coach and team "the bond of trust between coach and team was heavily damaged, and a further cooperation no longer seemed promising".

Stewart Bernard, youth NT Coach and former assistant coach of Stelian Moculescu will take over for the tournament in France. He will be assisted by former NT player Ralph Bergmann and the injured MB Stefan Huebner.

Maybe there will be changes in the roster now and there could be a way back for Simon Tischer? Interesting times...........

• It reminds me a little bit of Lozano's situation with Polish NT. It was also not good ending of cooperation. No matter what I will always appreaciate Raul and I wish him good luck in finding new job.
    Anyway, it's a hard moment for German NT. In the context of the upcoming Olympics.

• I feel very sad to see Germany in such dilemma.
    Where's Lozano going? Since the two teams he coached, Poland and Germany, are both my favorites, I may be interest in his next team. :)
    Wish Germany the best of luck, Tournament in France is pretty hard, comparing to the other two tournaments. Good news is they still have a world qualification to host, which is the final chance.

PS: I like the picture in the link that Justyna provided. Is that weird to be a fan of Robert Kromm? :lol: Actually he attracts me for the same reason as Kurek - I am into tall receivers. :lol:

• PS: I like the picture in the link that Justyna provided. Is that weird to be a fan of Robert Kromm? :lol: Actually he attracts me for the same reason as Kurek - I am into tall receivers. :lol:

Check this out. Article about Raul's exemption from work. On polish site. Lovely picture as well :D
    http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…-lozano-zwolniony-z-pracy

Is there any news about possible coach for German NT? Besides this guy who took over coaching duties for some time?

• Sad end of a story, which appeared to be very promising in the beginning. :white: But you could have see it coming. According to the federation they decided so, because after talks with coach and team "the bond of trust between coach and team was heavily damaged, and a further cooperation no longer seemed promising".

Stewart Bernard, youth NT Coach and former assistant coach of Stelian Moculescu will take over for the tournament in France. He will be assisted by former NT player Ralph Bergmann and the injured MB Stefan Huebner.

Maybe there will be changes in the roster now and there could be a way back for Simon Tischer? Interesting times...........

Hubner is injured again :what: this guy really doesnt have luck :white: Gunthor and Bohme are pretty bad, Bohme is mistake machine on serve, Gunthor hopless in block :aww: maybe it's time to see Lukas Bauer in NT. He is playing great in Toulouse this season..Germany needs Tischer really bad, Steuerwald is good but only good setter. Simon is much better on serve and block. There is big hole when Steuerwald is on the net, average OH's were spiking over him without problems.. His brother Markus is injured (hernia) so could miss qualies, Tille didnt played for a long time so maybe Prusener could be starting libero :whistle: :teach:

• Hubner played great World League, didn't watch him much before, but he was impressive, with his intelligence he brought on court

• Germany needs Tischer really bad, Steuerwald is good but only good setter. Simon is much better on serve and block. There is big hole when Steuerwald is on the net, average OH's were spiking over him without problems

You are right in most points. Steuerwald is behind Tischer in service and blocking but imo he is the better setter. In the end, most coaches will let the setter play, who deliver the better decisions for the side out. To me, there is a little advantage for Steuerwald.

No matter how the coach will decide, i hope there will be a clear number 1 on the setting position. All these changes and double-substitutions during last tournaments didn't do good for the team. I think, Steuerwald as well as Tischer have problems to get in the match as substitutes. It's the same for Grozer and Schöpps. Although its really a shame, that only one of them can play, but both have problems coming from the bench.

• interview with NT captain Bjoern Andrae about Lozano's dismissal. http://www.volleyball-verband.…2vscgpl4hq8a86j00vqgg85it

Here are some excerpts:
    "The seperation wasn' t the only solution, but for this moment the best. Especially regarding London 2012 and the qualifacation process..........."

"There wasn't just one special problem, but the biggest deficit was the lack of communication...."

"The most important thing is, that we don't think, that all the problems are solved now. We have to question us as a team......... There is a lot of pressure on the players, but we have to go forward thinking positively......."

"The women's NT can be a role model for us, especially regarding the public perception...."

The last phrase is so true. Come on guys, overcome your phlegma, and show some cojones :super: . There is no coach to blame anymore :teach:

• I heard that German Nano I mean Patrick is out. I don't get it. Why the hell? Is Kampa really better than him?

• I heard that German Nano I mean Patrick is out. I don't get it. Why the hell? Is Kampa really better than him?

In the article of the German federation, it is written "Patrick war nicht ganz fit". Translated, that means "Patrick wasn't completely fit/healthy". It is not mentioned, what kind of "injury" he has. That sounds a bit strange and i wonder, whether there is other stuff going on.

http://www.volleyball-verband.…9gr7mad6elohgusprg2ue0lm1

Kampa played OK, when he came on as substitute during las ech. There is not much more i can say about him. So Tischer should be clearly the number one and i hope he finally manages to play on a good level for a complete tournament. That is something, both Steuerwald and Tischer haven`t delivered in the past.

• German NT with a new head coach! Vital Heynen (the head coach of Noliko Maaseik) will be in charge in the next three years, Stefan Huebner and Ralph Bergmann will assist him.

Maaseik, Belgium, February 27, 2012. The mentor of Noliko MAASEIK, Vital Heynen, recently signed a contract with the German Volleyball Federation (DVV) whereby he will be at the helm of the men’s national team for the next three years. The 42-year old former setter is hence the follower of Argentinean Raul Lozano who was dismissed as a result of a very disappointing campaign at the European Championship held this past September in Austria and the Czech Republic.

Heynen will be working for the DVV from May to September and hence shall remain also the head coach of Belgium’s multiple national champions Noliko MAASEIK.
    Germany’s national team is still hoping to make it to the 2012 Olympics in London and will be joining the European Qualification Tournament scheduled for May 8-13 in Sofia and, if not coming out on top there, eventually try to book that much wanted pass via the last stage of the Olympic qualification process, i.e. a home intercontinental round slated for early June in Berlin.
    Heynen will be guiding that group also in the 2012 FIVB World League with Germany having been assigned to a preliminary group that includes also Argentina, Portugal and Bulgaria. He will be assisted by two former stars of Germany’s Volleyball, Stefan Hübner – who recently announced his retirement from competitive sport – and Ralph Bergmann, quite curiously an ex player of Noliko MAASEIK. Heynen will be joined also by physical trainer Fons Vranken with whom he has been working in Maaseik to take care of some top players like Jochen Schöps, György Grozer and Simon Tischer.
    “I am very grateful to the club of Noliko for the support they have given to me as I take up this unique challenge” says Heynen who will also continue mentoring Belgium’s top pair in Beach Volleyball, Liesbeth Mouha/Katrin Gielen.

Source: CEV